Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

John Rhys Plumlee

My god has there ever been a player who has done less in both football and baseball to get more hype than him. I know he is fast as greased lightning but dang he’s not even starting on either team yet gets 10 minutes of talking time from Bo Bounds and Blake on the OOB show today
    Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy-Frank Sinatra

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

What were they discussing? Backup outfielders that also play piano?

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Well, the same could be said about OOB. They're the second team of sports programming.

8 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Well, the same could be said about OOB. They're the second team of sports programming.
    Why would you run down a Mississippi based business who actually does a damn good job?

2 out of 20 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by jack daniels dog View Post
    My god has there ever been a player who has done less in both football and baseball to get more hype than him. I know he is fast as greased lightning for a quarterback but dang he’s not even starting on either team yet gets 10 minutes of talking time from Bo Bounds and Blake on the OOB show today
    FTFY.

I don't know if he's been hurt, but it looks like he has less than 100 all purpose yards in 4 games this year. Not exactly going to strike fear into DC's hearts.

He had one long catch on a wheel route in the bowl game and all of the sudden they were hyping him up as a future NFL WR. Some had him stepping in and replacing Moore with minimal drop off.

His stat line through four games: 2 catches, 16 yards. Zero catches since Week 1.

I realize that there have been a few exceptions to this rule throughout history, but in this day and age, the quickest way for a college athlete to be great at nothing is by trying to be good at everything. 99.9% of these guys need to pick a sport

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

My god has there ever been a player who has done less in both football and baseball to get more hype than him. I know he is fast as greased lightning but dang he’s not even starting on either team yet gets 10 minutes of talking time from Bo Bounds and Blake on the OOB show today
    this must be your first season following Mississippi, because nobody can overhype a player like them. Nobody

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Toag View Post
    Why would you run down a Mississippi based business who actually does a damn good job?
    Ive fixed plumbing for Bo. He is a nice guy and good bulldog. His job is to troll state fans and make them think he’s a Mississippi homer and troll Mississippi fans to think he’s a state homer. He does a great job at it. I have replaced his show, and all others with podcasts, but it ain’t personal.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

As a QB he's fast and slippery but can't throw it worth a lick.

As a WR his athleticism doesn't stand out as much, he's undersized, and has average hands.

As a baseball player he's mediocre offensively and defensively.

I'm surprised Ole Miss isn't campaigning for him to win the Heisman.

8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

I think calling them "second team" is being generous. That show is beyond terrible.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post

As a WR his athleticism doesn't stand out as much, he's undersized, and has average hands.

That will happen next year. All of their hype energy is pumping up Golden Corral right now. Get your popcorn ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post

I agree with Drebin here.

He really needs to transfer to a team with a read option offense. That is where he is special. As a RB or WR, he is just ok.

And yet, he doesn't compete in the one sport he'd probably actually be good at. Track.

business who actually does a damn good job
    I hope you forgot the sarcasterisks**

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b277d5e4b3997f1861cc64b53f1906564c8303d9d8e37d821db02098b3551f8f.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	22253
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

One sentence hot takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    He had one long catch on a wheel route in the bowl game and all of the sudden they were hyping him up as a future NFL WR. Some had him stepping in and replacing Moore with minimal drop off.

His stat line through four games: 2 catches, 16 yards. Zero catches since Week 1.
    Potential Egg Bowl RAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Potential Egg Bowl RAT.
    Meh, they tried it before and we bottled his little ass up.

John Rhys Plumlee (one of the most Ole Miss names ever) is well down on my list of things that concern me about the egg bowl.

How do you explain the douche bag image, is that trolling too? You know, the photo in the starched jeans and blazer w/ a shot, the "Yall Lifestyle", the "Rock Star Zinfandel Wines he promoted, Turquoise, Lake Caroline, what are we having for lunch at Char today, etc etc Damn, I'm about to throw up now
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

Three years ago we were told he'd leave school as the all-time..

SEC baseball hits king.

As of right now he's only a few hundred short of Mangum's record.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    As of right now he's only a few hundred short of Mangum's record.
    Going into his Junior year, he has 17 career hits, only 366 hits behind Mangum's 383.
    At this pace, John Rice wont even have as many career ABs as Mangum had hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post

I would listen to bo bounds re airs before i would listen to more then 5 minutes of finebaum. there are many many things worse than OOB

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by HumpDawgy View Post
    I agree with Drebin here.

He really needs to transfer to a team with a read option offense. That is where he is special. As a RB or WR, he is just ok.
    For a while I have thought his best option would be to transfer to USM and play QB in Will Hall's offense. He would be serious problem for C-USA teams to defend.

As others have said, the two sport thing is killing his chances to be really good in either sport. Time to pick one and go for it in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonCPAdawg View Post
    I would listen to bo bounds re airs before i would listen to more then 5 minutes of finebaum. there are many many things worse than OOB
    I'd listen to flys 17 before I listen to either. And Plumlee was never a great baseball player. Wasn't even a great HS baseball player. He's a workout warrior and a smart kid. I'm surprised he hasn't left OM already. Probably a poon related decision.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 10-07-2021 at 02:14 PM.

More like 2nd team on the practice squad.

You have to understand that when Kiffin was hired, most Ole Miss fans knew that Plumlee's QB days were over. Yet Bo insisted for the entire offseason that Plumlee was going to be the guy, even when all of the reports out of Oxford were the opposite. He would even bring on guests to talk about how we were making a mistake in firing Rich Rod because Rich Rod is such an offensive genius. So who knows if he's trolling or if he legitimately believes the dumb stuff he says.

I can't get the tweets to embed but here are a few:

https://twitter.com/bobounds/status/1231761623481815045

https://twitter.com/bobounds/status/1249695877020688390

https://twitter.com/bobounds/status/1230211696268107777

https://twitter.com/bobounds/status/1230623944979492864

https://twitter.com/bobounds/status/1248237753873190912
    Last edited by Arloguthrie; 10-07-2021 at 02:17 PM.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I chose to not listen to both. Only show I listen to when I can is Matt's show. Best sports radio show available in Metro area.

It’s Goat….again.
    Yep. Talk radio is what it is, either you like it or you don't. But I won't run down a successful MS businessman who does every thing he can to promote Mississippi.

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arloguthrie View Post
    You have to understand that when Kiffin was hired, most Ole Miss fans knew that Plumlee's QB days were over. Yet Bo insisted for the entire offseason that Plumlee was going to be the guy, even when all of the reports out of Oxford were the opposite. He would even bring on guests to talk about how we were making a mistake in firing Rich Rod because Rich Rod is such an offensive genius. So who knows if he's trolling or if he legitimately believes the dumb stuff he says.

I can't get the tweets to embed but here are a few:

https://twitter.com/bobounds/status/1231761623481815045

https://twitter.com/bobounds/status/1249695877020688390

https://twitter.com/bobounds/status/1230211696268107777

https://twitter.com/bobounds/status/1230623944979492864

https://twitter.com/bobounds/status/1248237753873190912
    None of that is flat out wrong. Plumlee could be a star. Just turns out that Corral was better. I mean dude has two more years to play, at minimum.

If I was him, I'd be talking to Kirby Smart. Especially if J.T. Daniels goes pro.
    Last edited by Smoked Toag; 10-07-2021 at 02:28 PM.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Depends on what offense you are running. He is not a passer. At best he is a running QB but even then he is undersized. If I was the coach with an RPzo offense or some type with a running QB I would much prefer Fitz or GS to JRP. Just me personally. Fitz was tough as nails. I could see Plumlee getting hurt if he is the featured performer. And like the man said,, we locked him down last year and we will again.

Yep. Talk radio is what it is, either you like it or you don't. But I won't run down a successful MS businessman who does every thing he can to promote Mississippi.
    His version of Mississippi - one where everyone is a pretentious, know-nothing douchebag - is not one we need promoted. That version needs to be hit in the head with a shovel and buried in a swamp somewhere.

I respect Bo for turning what he loves into his livelihood, and I like the fact he's a state fan, but he is the most pretentious personality I've ever heard. You would think he is an Ole Miss grad/fan all the way. He also makes fun of his co-host Blake constantly, and plays it off like they're just "having fun". Dear Bo, I'd prefer to hear Blake over you!

None of that is flat out wrong. Plumlee could be a star. Just turns out that Corral was better. I mean dude has two more years to play, at minimum.
    I mean sure, anything is theoretically possible. But it's pretty ignorant to think Plumlee has the potential to be a star QB when he can't throw the ball, and it's pretty ignorant to think that Rich Rod is some QB savant in the year 2021, and it's pretty ignorant not to understand that Plumlee was never gonna be the QB in Kiffin's offense due to the aforementioned fact that he can't throw. So yeah, it was dumb for Bo to continue to gush about Plumlee.

It’s Goat….again.
    I mean sure, anything is theoretically possible. But it's pretty ignorant to think Plumlee has the potential to be a star QB when he can't throw the ball, and it's pretty ignorant to think that Rich Rod is some QB savant in the year 2021, and it's pretty ignorant not to understand that Plumlee was never gonna be the QB in Kiffin's offense due to the aforementioned fact that he can't throw. So yeah, it was dumb for Bo to continue to gush about Plumlee.
    He can throw just fine, don't be an idiot. He's not Corral or even Rogers, but is plenty good to start for many P5 teams.

He can throw just fine, don't be an idiot. He's not Corral or even Rogers, but is plenty good to start for many P5 teams.
    Ha. Yeah, he had the opportunity to play QB for multiple P5 teams but he'd prefer to ride the bench. Sure.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Ha. Yeah, he had the opportunity to play QB for multiple P5 teams but he'd prefer to ride the bench. Sure.
    He maybe feels baseball is his ticket and what's a more perfect place to not exceed expectations than Swayze Field?
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

It was a funny reference. Ease up.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    He maybe feels baseball is his ticket and what's a more perfect place to not exceed expectations than Swayze Field?
    I think what you're trying to say is that Oxford is such a magical place that Plumlee likely couldn't bear the thought of leaving. You may be right.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

He is stuck at WR behind the guy who leads OM receiving in overall yards, receptions, and TDs.
    Thats a tough spot to be in.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

It’s Goat….again.
    I think what you're trying to say is that Oxford is such a magical place that Plumlee likely couldn't bear the thought of leaving. You may be right.
    Well.....I mean did you ever consider the idea that he may like Ole Miss??

But more likely is that he knows he's probably the starter once Corral leaves. And he had the chance to play baseball. And don't get it twisted.....he IS the backup QB. Oh, you thought it was Dent? LULzz.

Either way he does likely have a decision to make this spring.

Reunion, Yeti, & 30A in between the Morgan & Morgan advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FQDawg View Post
    His version of Mississippi - one where everyone is a pretentious, know-nothing douchebag - is not one we need promoted. That version needs to be hit in the head with a shovel and buried in a swamp somewhere.