Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gruden resigning….

Probably for the best after tonight’s emails. Who knows what’s left to come.

3 out of 17 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

What’s happened?

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

He wrote in emails a bunch of things people around the NFL say over drinks in bars. Called Goodell a homophobic slur, Michael Sam hot takes, concussion protocol is for pussies, etc.

Still, not sure you can say some of those things about coworkers and bosses and not expect some major blowback.

6 out of 18 sixpackers like this post

Did he also lie about interviewing recruits?

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Gruden to LSU.

12 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

Called Michael Sam a queer. Said women shouldn’t be referees. Called Goodell some homophobic slur. Seven years worth of emails through 2018, so much more than just one email he sent in 2011. If that was the only one, he would survive with probably just a fine or something.

Twitter
    @missouridawg3
    He called Goddell a “clueless anti football pussy” which is probably the least of his concerns of what’s being released right now.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by FlotownDawg View Post
    Called Michael Sam a queer. Said women shouldn’t be referees. Called Goodell some homophobic slur. Seven years worth of emails through 2018, so much more than just one email he sent in 2011. If that was the only one, he would survive with probably just a fine or something.
    Yeah. He’s evidently a huge piece of shit. What’s funny is that just about all of it was while he was still working for ESPN.

3 out of 20 sixpackers like this post

Can't say I would argue any of those statements. Truth will not set you free today

28 out of 35 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    He wasn’t a coach at the time though.

Rumor I heard is he is resigning because of the vaccine mandate.*
    Last edited by JoeLee'sSocks; 10-11-2021 at 09:34 PM.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Also was in an email exchange with Bruce Allen that had topless girls on it. A couple girls were Washington cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by dawgnabit View Post
    Also was in an email exchange with Bruce Allen that had topless girls on it. A couple girls were Washington cheerleaders
    We need to see proof of that.

11 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    He called Goddell a “clueless anti football pussy” which is probably the least of his concerns of what’s being released right now.
    Glad somebody did, nothing about that statement is incorrect.

12 out of 20 sixpackers like this post

These are things one shouldn't even think about, much less put on social....

...media. DeMaurice Smith IS an incompetent President of the NFLPA, but it's because he's a rubber-stamp of the commissioner's office.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    Did he also lie about interviewing recruits?

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Live check in with Urban Meyer

Name:  E7B2BB62-888E-4C1C-8426-E4812494D9E6.gif
Views: 1756
Size:  333.5 KB

16 out of 16 sixpackers like this post

Damn! Don't really know what was in the emails or whether or not it's worth losing a $10M/year contract over (who am I kidding, nothing is worth losing that contract over). But if you say anything in a social media post, email, text, etc. that you're not comfortable being published on the front page of the New York Times, you might want to think twice before you click send.

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Who has the bone to pick for it all to come out (no pun) now?

Quote Originally Posted by tenureplan View Post
    Who has the bone to pick for it all to come out (no pun) now?
    Sounds like he was caught it the crossfire of the Bruce Allen investigation. The we’re getting Allen’s emails and then his we’re uncovered. Because all the emails the NYT has is emails between him and Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Go Budaw View Post
    Yeah. He’s evidently a huge piece of shit. What’s funny is that just about all of it was while he was still working for ESPN.
    Would like to see all you personal emails and texts. Who gets canceled next?

10 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    Damn! Don't really know what was in the emails or whether or not it's worth losing a $10M/year contract over (who am I kidding, nothing is worth losing that contract over). But if you say anything in a social media post, email, text, etc. that you're not comfortable being published on the front page of the New York Times, you might want to think twice before you click send.
    The dumb ass world we live. More people need to be like Chapelle and stand up and say what you want and say cancel me if you want but I'm going to say it anyway.

14 out of 18 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Cramden View Post
    Can't say I would argue any of those statements. Truth will not set you free today

The things he said/wrote are all idiotic if he really meant everything he said in his heart and he is the only person who can tell you if that was his honest opinions or really bad, immature, inappropriate "jokes".

It's a good thing we have the court of public opinion to quickly decide what is best for us and Gruden because things like this are so more important to our everyday life than anything else. I so glad these 17ers are out there protecting me.

Oh shit! I guess I better resign from something.
    Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” Mark Twain

5 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Patton resigns from 3rd Army. Apologizes for inappropriate language. I know. Not the same. I'm intentionally exaggerating. But, for a country that bombs and invades other countries whenever we want and one with an incredibly high murder rate at home, we sure seem especially focused on policing thoughts and words that might offend some people. I don't care about Gruden and I'm sure I disagree with his comments if I ever get to see them. Football is full of tough guys who likely don't read the same books I do and don't have the same family conversations I have at the dinner table. But, welcome to Utopia. We're becoming a better country by punishing thoughts and opinions we don't like, aren't we? We're gonna have an inoffensive society soon and one that unites us all, right? Minus the sky-high murder rate and civilian drone strikes, of course.

12 out of 13 sixpackers like this post

Doesn’t Like Tennessee
    Never type anything into a keyboard that you wouldn’t want read back to you verbatim in court.

Doesn’t Like Tennessee
    Any chance someone could take a look at Saban’s emails before Saturday?

10 out of 10 sixpackers like this post

Buddy Stephens to da Raidas

Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    The dumb ass world we live. More people need to be like Chapelle and stand up and say what you want and say cancel me if you want but I'm going to say it anyway.
    A lot of Southwest Airlines employees just did exactly that.

2 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by harrybollocks View Post
    Patton resigns from 3rd Army. Apologizes for inappropriate language. I know. Not the same. I'm intentionally exaggerating. But, for a country that bombs and invades other countries whenever we want and one with an incredibly high murder rate at home, we sure seem especially focused on policing thoughts and words that might offend some people. I don't care about Gruden and I'm sure I disagree with his comments if I ever get to see them. Football is full of tough guys who likely don't read the same books I do and don't have the same family conversations I have at the dinner table. But, welcome to Utopia. We're becoming a better country by punishing thoughts and opinions we don't like, aren't we? We're gonna have an inoffensive society soon and one that unites us all, right? Minus the sky-high murder rate and civilian drone strikes, of course.
    He hit a enlisted man. They did not give a "shit" about the language. When you are in the Military, you go to bed hearing every dirty word in the book. You woke up to it and you heard it all day. Just don't be a officer and especially a LT. Gen and hit an enlisted man.
    Last edited by GloryDawg; 10-11-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Most people know they can get cancelled so they stay quiet to make sure they can take care of their families. Chappelle can't be cancelled and he knows it. Maybe polticians we elect should do something about the private businesses that cancel people and make them resign. Not holding my breath.

6 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    He also ended every email with “knock if you’re with me.”

Dude. That was a sarcastic line I wrote and not one intended to be historically accurate. BTW, he actually hit two guys and was yanked from the front only when Ike couldn't cover it up. But, well never mind. You missed the point.

Snoop and Dre to perform at the Super Bowl halftime show. Promise to sing all songs from The Chronic Album including "B*****es Ain't...." something or other I can't write here and songs that glorify murdering other young black men. Cameo with Ben Folds.
    Last edited by harrybollocks; 10-11-2021 at 10:56 PM.

5 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Good life reminder for all: “Dance like no one is watching; email like it may one day be read aloud at your deposition".

Or hide behind a username for the really spicy takes like the rest of us commoners.

He could tell Biden that vaccines are for p*****s and come out smelling rosy
    When I lose my cool other guys go looking for it. - PGB

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    Let's see if Gruden stands up and says what he wants to say for everyone to hear.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

No one should be cancelled for expressing personal views—even abhorrent ones—in a private e-mail. If this litmus test were applied to every coach and administrator in the NFL or at ESPN, there would be mass terminations. Same would be true if applied to politicians (even those on the left who support thought/speech control). Not cool. Dumb for Gruden to type this stuff? Of course it was. Entitled to his views? Of course he was and is. Gruden’s success on tv and in coaching was built on bravado and being “that guy” whose tough talk marked his approach as an old school guy. Sad he is being taken out for things that half the coaches and players in the NFL of every race and creed have said in emails and private conversation.

10 out of 15 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybollocks View Post
    We want these players and coaches to be badass, strong men with a mean, animalistic streak on the field when they play but drawing unicorns for Facebook, tweeting about rainbows, while petting puppy dogs on instagram and leading marches for the currently trendy social justice battle.

I don't think I care to be "famous" it's just too much damned pressure and work.
    Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” Mark Twain

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
    Let's see if Gruden stands up and says what he wants to say for everyone to hear.
    I'm pretty sure he did that last night after the game but they're not talking about that of course just what he did

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Gruden to Jacksonville.