Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tennessee just got 17ed

Straight in the ass by the refs. OM lucky as hell to win two weeks in a row.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

I'll give you one guess who the crew chief is.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

That TN QB is atrocious. His 2nd and 3rd down plays caused that horrible ending.

OM is the second best team in the west until someone makes decent contact on Corral and knocks him out.

As much as I loathe Ole Miss Football,
    Stay classy Knoxville
    Donít throw golf balls on the field
    Fore goodness sakes
    When I lose my cool other guys go looking for it. - PGB

6 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

It was the right call. UT is embarassing themselves. Just became the Philadelphia of the SEC.

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

I think the refs probably got the call right. It definitely does not reach the level of being screwed. I donít think he got the first down.

5 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

In all honesty, UT is lucky to even remotely be in the game. They got drubbed in the first half and somehow were only down by 12.

The spot was fine. Ball was at the waist and the knee was down with it a half yard short. This situation with Tennesseeís fans is an abomination to the league.

4 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Game should be called

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Just when you think you've seen it all in SEC football.

Rubarb!
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    No matter what the call this is a black eye to the SEC. As stupid as it is the piss poor reffing in the league helped lead to this but it is still no excuse.
    Donít go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.Ē Mark Twain

L4Dawg - Version 2.0
    SEC refs and replay booth spark a riot. Is anybody surprised? Nobody trusts them. This is on you SEC. Your reputation is terrible and you feign surprise here?

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

NOBODY LIKES to get CHEATED!
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

Yeah, back in my day the worst thing that got thrown on the field was a red lady's high heel shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Shankly View Post
    SEC refs and replay booth spark a riot. Is anybody surprised? Nobody trusts them. This is on you SEC. Your reputation is terrible and you feign surprise her?
    Except it was the right call, you dumb 17.

4 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

SEC refs and replay booth spark a riot. Is anybody surprised? Nobody trusts them. This is on you SEC. Your reputation is terrible and you feign surprise here?
    But they send memo's when the ref's screw up. What more do fans want?****

This game is going to have gameday ramifications from the SEC to all teams for remainder of the year probably.
    Last edited by The Usual Suspect; 10-16-2021 at 11:59 PM.

In this case it was the right call.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

L4Dawg - Version 2.0
    This is the cumulative result of absolutely horrible SEC officiating over the years. Nobody trusts them or their replay people. Y'all are blaming the UT fans, but no SEC fan base would have been any different. The solution is holding refs accountable when they blow a call, PUBLICLY.

6 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by SyonaraStanz View Post
    That TN QB is atrocious. His 2nd and 3rd down plays caused that horrible ending.

OM is the second best team in the west until someone makes decent contact on Corral and knocks him out.
    Tamu likely beats them

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    The spot was very questionable.

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

It's kind of ridiculous they are playing under these circumstances. At some point player and staff safety has to be a consideration. Some dumb TN 17 is going to do something even stupider than they already have.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

L4Dawg - Version 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by EngDawg View Post
    In this case it was the right call.
    Agree, but this is what happens when you have years of poor officiating. Nobody trusts them, or the SEC office, not even in the back of their peanut head partisan minds. The solution is holding officials accountable, publicly, when they screw up. The SEC refuses to do that.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Just a further symptom of cultural degradation. A lot of things are being done that used to be considered lines you did not cross. And of course itís seen most prominently at places like UT that did not have that much class to begin with.

5 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

They should have to play the next home game without fans and fine UT the amount of game day receipts. That would at least make fans think twice in the future (the sober ones anyway )

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Next game? Hell, rest of their home games should be no crowd allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by PineGroveBully View Post
    They should have to play the next home game without fans and fine UT the amount of game day receipts. That would at least make fans think twice in the future (the sober ones anyway )
    I think its going to spark legitimate discussion about the alcohol sales in SEC stadiums. This is still pretty much a brand new thing. No limits were tested last year without many fans, and it didn’t take long for something like this to happen. Maybe stricter limits on sales times (have to stop before 4th quarter, midway through 3rd, etc).
    Last edited by Go Budaw; 10-17-2021 at 12:18 AM.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Itís more appalling to me that the back up QB doesnít even throw the ball on 4th and game. I mean so what if itís a pick. You arenít going to run 20 yards past 8 guys. Just throw it up and see what happens. Ole Miss has now won two games they could have easily lost. Thatís how you have a special season. Thankfully theyíll screw it up a couple times because thatís who they are.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    This is the cumulative result of absolutely horrible SEC officiating over the years. Nobody trusts them or their replay people. Y'all are blaming the UT fans, but no SEC fan base would have been any different. The solution is holding refs accountable when they blow a call, PUBLICLY.
    hey guys Shankly didn't say anything about the call but the rep of SEC officials. THAT part is dead on just like Tenn fans making themselves like idiots.
    Donít go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.Ē Mark Twain

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    That's not what he said.

I canít believe they didnít have the fans cleared from around the tunnel where the players/coaches were going to exit the field, theyíd known for 30 mins they were going to exit via that tunnel and could still be pelted

Quote Originally Posted by Go Budaw View Post
    I think its going to spark legitimate discussion about the alcohol sales in SEC stadiums. This is still pretty much a brand new thing (no limits were tested last year without many fans) and it didnít take long for something like this to happen. Maybe stricter limits on sales times (have to stop before 4th quarter, midway through 3rd, etc).
    As much as I supported alcohol sales at games, I think I have to agree. You wouldnít think too many adults would be terribly keen to get smashed on $7.00 bud lights, but there were several around me who were. Several Bama fans too. If it had been a close game, I can definitely see potential for things to get ugly.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Itís more appalling to me that the back up QB doesnít even throw the ball on 4th and game. I mean so what if itís a pick. You arenít going to run 20 yards past 8 guys. Just throw it up and see what happens. Ole Miss has now won two games they could have easily lost. Thatís how you have a special season. Thankfully theyíll screw it up a couple times because thatís who they are.
    Just terrible. Low football IQ.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    I think its going to spark legitimate discussion about the alcohol sales in SEC stadiums. This is still pretty much a brand new thing. No limits were tested last year without many fans, and it didnít take long for something like this to happen. Maybe stricter limits on sales times (have to stop before 4th quarter, midway through 3rd, etc).
    What could go wrong with that?

Name:  Animated-GIF-downsized_large.gif
Views: 1901
Size:  1.86 MB

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    The spot was very questionable.
    Thatís the problem, the initial spot was way off causing the refs to say he was short, so the shitty views of the play have to be used to overturn a terrible spot. Had the initial spot been even remotely accurate the on field call could have gone the other way, which then would be too close to overturn that call. This was always going to be the problem with replay. It sucks and is just as inaccurate and as biased as before.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    Just terrible. Low football IQ.
    Did we actually watch two monkeys 17ing a football? The last 5 minutes of actual game time felt like that when Tenn had the ball but also the way UM could not finish it.

L4Dawg - Version 2.0
    Except it was the right call, you dumb 17.
    As I said, nobody trusts them anymore, even if it was the correct call, which it was. You missed the point you dumb 17.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    Did we actually watch two monkeys 17ing a football? The last 5 minutes of actual game time felt like that when Tenn had the ball but also the way UM could not finish it.
    It was awful, they both deserved to lose. Tenn didnít look like they even cared until people started throwing stuff. Awful drive to try to score before that.

L4Dawg - Version 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    hey guys Shankly didn't say anything about the call but the rep of SEC officials. THAT part is dead on just like Tenn fans making themselves like idiots.
    Thank you! You got it, as I knew you would.

UT got pretty hosed on a scoop and score in the first half. Combined with Kiffen being Kiffen. Night game. Alcohol sales. Faking injuries on every damn play. Powder keg. But no excuse.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post