The big athletic department problem of the 2000ís is creeping back up again

The problem? The games are not fun. No where close. It’s actually become work to tailgate again.

Same problems, repeated gaffes, can’t score, offense that’s supposed to move sputters, penalty after penalty, OL gets made to look like fools and sometimes by far inferior teams, defense that almost guaranteed to break at the worst time… just a full game of WTFs since 2018. One WTF after another. We have a week to game plan for Alabama and we can’t get near the endzone? Not once??

Then you look at the recruiting board. How in the hell does this offense not attract above average WRs? Just nothing to be excited about at all.

It’s spreading too. I have held my tongue locally, but I get more and more texts with “you know anyone who wants our tickets this weekend? I’d rather go to _____.

in an environment where it’s a lot easier to just sit and watch on TV… that becomes a problem. And they are going to do the same thing they did in the 2,000’s about it… hope it fixes itself.
    Last edited by WalkTheDawg; 10-17-2021 at 12:29 AM.

18 out of 21 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

Yeah, I hate to agree but was thinking this before the game even started.

I noticed the area where I used to tailgate in my parking lot has zero tailgaters now.

I havenít been able to give my extra tickets away since 2018 season.

Couldnít find a parking spot in my lot - stadium isnít full so they have to be letting people in without passes or way oversold it. Line where I normally enter stadium was insane, so walked around to northeast corner where line was surprisingly non-existent.

Stood in line at CFA for entire halftime, make it up to front and - they run out of sandwiches. So I can go join another 15-20 minute line or say screw it. Look for other food but nothing is available other than hotdogs, popcorn, or bbq sandwiches. Get the kids some dippin dots and there are no napkins in the entire lower west side that I could find.

Just in general, itís a real pita to go to our football games. And definitely not worth it when product on the field is disappointing. For the first time in 12 years Iím strongly considering no season tickets next year, just buy off stub hub if I want to go. Canít believe Iím saying that.

ETA: 4 home games and someone has been in my seats every game. Wtf? Iíve never had this problem till this year. And for 3 of the games the people legitimately tried to tell me that I was at the wrong seats. Itís been different people every time. Just weird.
    Last edited by kired; 10-17-2021 at 01:13 AM.

8 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

This game was no where close to a sell outÖ..

And our piece of shit athletic department did nothing to market ticket availability for this game. Leah Beasley who is in charge of this shit, and her liberal view points, can you get the hell out of here with Cohen. Pathetic and inexcusable.

11 out of 30 sixpackers like this post

Our ďaward-winningĒ marketing team pays for those awards because letís be real they arenít good.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

The games will be sold out again if we're a 9 win team. That's how it works. I see it at most schools on Saturday.

The Gameday issues are separate. That's on Cohen naturally.
    MSU Class of 2011

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Whos is Leah and where does she post liberal view points? Hopefully not expressing political opinions on an official MSU handle.
    MSU Class of 2011

0 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

If you ever need to give away your tickets I will be happy to take them. Give me a days notice and I eill be there.

Iíve never seen her post political stuff ever, however sheís just not good at her job. We hire folks from C-USA programs to run SEC programs and naturally theyíre C-USA level folks

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Iíve never been to a football game in my life where the line was short at half time concessions. Ever.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
    Our ďaward-winningĒ marketing team pays for those awards because letís be real they arenít good.
    Itís not the marketing.. itís not the vendors. Itís sitting down and watching Bama kick the teeth out of the team from kickoff to all zeros and everyone in the nation knew it was going to happen. Itís knowing there is a small chance we are going to score from the 20 against teams with a pulse. Itís watching defenders run around our tackles like they are given head starts every play.

It sucked watching games in 2002 to 2008 and it has sucked again since 2018. It sucks being cannon fodder out there to some teams and itís like we canít any of the small shit.

6 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Me neither. But they normally have most of the food advertised. I spent halftime and most of the 3rd quarter to only get hot dogs and dippin dots. No CFA sandwiches, burgers, chicken strips, nachos, pretzels (at least the concessions I was at).

Still not sure what she does
    MSU Class of 2011

Lock it

0 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

One sentence hot takes.
    Several very good Athletics Department employees bailed out this summer to other smaller or equal programs. Itís amazing after the ďPiss and MissĒ that our Department is a dumpster fire and not Ole Miss.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

They bailed because they hated working for the social justice athletic dept

Why does no one else see this?

7 out of 16 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Irish View Post
    The social justice warrior campaign they ran on the jumbotron last season was nauseating, went on for several minutes.

6 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

I think you better call chick fil a about their problems Bc Cohen doesnít have any control over that

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Friday Fourplay Wizard ZombieKissinger's Avatar
    I donít live anywhere close to Starkville, but Iíve still made a game every year, and this is my biggest gripe right now. Make games 17ing fun. I get that staffing is hard right now, but you need to take a loss if you need to on concessions, etc. if it makes a good game day experience. It pays dividends elsewhere. Game day needs to be easy and awesome

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

She really doesnít tweet a bunch of political stuff. I mean you can probably assume where she lands on the red/blue spectrum without it, but itís not like sheís some SJW on there.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

This 17ing thread starts out interesting, a few force politics in, and it goes downhill.

11 out of 15 sixpackers like this post

Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
    This 17ing thread starts out interesting, a few force politics in, and it goes downhill.
    Agree because when it goes political, itís sure to attract YOU.

8 out of 15 sixpackers like this post

He has to make sure nobody is encouraging self medication with horse dewormer.

One sentence hot takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKissinger View Post
    I donít live anywhere close to Starkville, but Iíve still made a game every year, and this is my biggest gripe right now. Make games 17ing fun. I get that staffing is hard right now, but you need to take a loss if you need to on concessions, etc. if it makes a good game day experience. It pays dividends elsewhere. Game day needs to be easy and awesome
    Going to games was fun under Loafers and especially The Ninja. Cohen has turned it into 2005 all over again, he canít manage a game day.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

That was the largest crowd of the season. However smallest Bama crowd I can remember. There are so many things effecting attendance. Tv is a big big competitor.

I see State installed a different type metal detector and changed the order of ticket scan. There was plenty of staff at the gate. It took me a minute at most to get into the stadium at 530p. Big improvement.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Toag View Post
    Agree because when it goes political, itís sure to attract YOU.
    Perhaps direct your scorn at the poster who actually turned the thread and pushed a narrative that is out of left field(pun time!)

3 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Itís GoatÖ.again.
    I don't know about the gameday stuff, I still think that is a bunch of 1st world type bitching by spoiled brats (all of my gameday experiences have been fine), but I will say one thing - it does seem that we are missing some 'buzz' or energy or something. Some of that was back Saturday, so it's obvious that winning helps that a good bit, as does a big opponent.

Mullen manufactured some energy back in 2009 and 2010. That's the last time I remember games truly being electric, outside when we were better than average (2014, 2015). Not sure how you get that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Toag View Post
    I don't know about the gameday stuff, I still think that is a bunch of 1st world type bitching by spoiled brats (all of my gameday experiences have been fine), but I will say one thing - it does seem that we are missing some 'buzz' or energy or something. Some of that was back Saturday, so it's obvious that winning helps that a good bit, as does a big opponent.

Mullen manufactured some energy back in 2009 and 2010. That's the last time I remember games truly being electric, outside when we were better than average (2014, 2015). Not sure how you get that back.
    Having a QB that is now one of the top 5 QBís in the NFL helped.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Concessions honestly aren't a big deal to me, but running out of food is just another thing that sucks about our gameday experience. Me not being able to find anything other than hotdogs & popcorn available at the official hailstate concessions is just another straw on the camel's back.

And if we're going to dedicate 5 or 6 concessions areas to a vendor in our stadium, they should have food available at least until the end of halftime.

And our piece of shit athletic department did nothing to market ticket availability for this game. Leah Beasley who is in charge of this shit, and her liberal view points, can you get the hell out of here with Cohen. Pathetic and inexcusable.
    Your mom is pathetic and inexcusable.

Leah's good people.

I've never seen her post anything political.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdawg22 View Post
    Having a QB that is now one of the top 5 QBís in the NFL helped.
    Chris Relf is one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL? Cool, I missed that...

Cohen hired Chick Fil A and all the other concessionaires, and he can fire them. You better believe he has control over that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKissinger View Post
    I was telling the guy sitting next to me that if the Athletics Department had to 100.00 a hour to get the concessions staff full do it. We have cheap concessions. I would pay more to have shorter and faster lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    That was the largest crowd of the season. However smallest Bama crowd I can remember. There are so many things effecting attendance. Tv is a big big competitor.

I see State installed a different type metal detector and changed the order of ticket scan. There was plenty of staff at the gate. It took me a minute at most to get into the stadium at 530p. Big improvement.
    That's because bama took up half the east side. And quit giving faculty seats on the 17'ing 50 for them to sell to the Columbus folks who can't get into a game in Tuscaloosa to cheer on their tahde.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

They bailed because they hated working for the social justice athletic dept. Why does no one else see this?
    Name:  You Don't sound crazy.png
Views: 279
Size:  394.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
    Because they don't know what the hell they are talking about.
    1st - Cohen can't force people to work concessions. I am almost positive they are ran almost entirely by the food vender. People are not working food jobs for that rate of pay anymore, period.
    2nd - Everyone knows where to go for tickets. It is very clear how to get them. Our marketing team does a great job at letting everyone know where to get them. Alabama fans didn't have an issue getting tickets. They found a way.
    3rd - Leah does a good job promoting everything MSU. I don't give a shit if she supports Biden, Trump, the Nazi state representatives or whatever.... She keeps her personal thoughts off of social media, and even if she didn't she is entitled to her own political beliefs. It in no way impacts her work.

All of these problems go away, if we can score 17n touchdowns and keep the other team out of the endzone. That is all that matters.

Because it does not exist. This is simply not a single reason anyone has left our athletic department in the past 5 years. Not once.