Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

Would you have continued to play Will Rogers?...

Just watching him wince every time he threw the ball was painful for me to watch.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

Tells me a lot about our bench.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Heís all weíve got. But yeah, by the 4th quarter, I think Iíd have taken him out.

We were talking about that at the game last night. Unfortunately who do you put in? The walk on or a freshman?

Absolutely not because
    1. Itís critical that Rogers be healthy for Vandy and Kentucky so itís stupid to risk further injury that game last night. At least 7 sacks. Losing last night doesnít matter, next two games are critical.
    2. Even if the backups are the worst players to ever don the maroon and white, they need some reps in non-competitive games. Itís possible we might have to use them someday, unless we plan to go wildcat with a WR.

Anybody heard an injury report on Rogers ?

I would have played a freshman and been airing it out 20+ yards every play. But then again, Iím not a football coach

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    Just watching him wince every time he threw the ball was painful for me to watch.
    whatever damage was done was done on the initial fall on the shoulder. I hope the docs communicated that it was ok to go ahead.

Should've been pulled. When Leach chose to kick that last FG, he had given up. Should've sat anyone injured.

Quote Originally Posted by woozman View Post
    We were talking about that at the game last night. Unfortunately who do you put in? The walk on or a freshman?
    We lost by 40. You coulda played Ruiz at qb

I'm interested in the diagnosis of the shoulder. Even though he played last night, he still could be missing time

One sentence hot takes.
    Needs them Reps thoÖ the secret to the Leach Offense. **

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    I would have played a freshman and been airing it out 20+ yards every play. But then again, Iím not a football coach
    Iím sure you will be by Friday when the magazine comes out.

I probably would have put Sawyer in just to let him see what its like. I mean its a losing effort and he is the future. He can still redshirt this year. He needs some playing time.

Sounds like he has an AC sprain.. if he has to miss games because we continued to play him while getting blown out, itíll be coaching malpractice.

One sentence hot takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgnabit View Post
    Sounds like he has an AC sprain.. if he has to miss games because we continued to play him while getting blown out, itíll be coaching malpractice.
    Leach made $417K last night. He doesnít even have to have Malpractice Insurance.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    Tells me a lot about our bench.
    Speaks more to the philosophy of the coaching staff. This is an odd time in the history of MSU football. The guy at the helm is set in his ways more than any coach I have ever seen.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Agree, it wouldnít hurt to let Sawyer get a few snaps.

it would be interesting to see a Q b in this offense who can sling it 60 yards on a dime downfield

Does Leach not read the sixpack?

Quote Originally Posted by olblue View Post
    Speaks more to the philosophy of the coaching staff. This is an odd time in the history of MSU football. The guy at the helm is set in his ways more than any coach I have ever seen.
    I've read on here where Sawyer is better than Rogers.

^^^was asleep at the wheel during Croom and Moorhead.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Was he hurt before the game or during the game? Pre game he was out before all of the other players throwing long passes to managers. He was having to wind up and crow-hop just throw a 40 yd floater.

Gotta think doc looked at him and cleared it. The fact that we couldnít even put on someone else for a play or two says something about our depth at QB, and it isnít something positive. Willís unwillingness to even attempt to run makes a lot more sense now. I figure heís under strict orders to avoid hits.

Thereís no way in hell Robertson sees the field this year.

I am a big fan of Will and I hate to second guess the coach. He has forgot more football than I know but I feel pretty sure Sawyer , when he is ready, will be a better fit than Will. I know its not good to rush things but its just a matter of time before Will gets put out of a game. He needs to get (one or both) of those freshmen some game experience and get them on a fast track to getting ready to play. Will was playing by this point in the season last year. Im not saying bench Will or anything stupid like that but ya gotta have a back up plan and Chance ain't it.

What happened to the guy from Southern? Can he not provide back up duties?

Thought he quit football due to repeated concussions..that he had already suffered before transferring to State..think that was one rumor

Abraham hasn't been with the team since early fall camp or something like that. Concussion. Chance Lovertich is the back up.

I would have played Lovertich in the 4th qtr. He has at least played some college ball and could have finished out the game. Makes zero sense to play Rogers hurt in a lost cause.

Mullen had a pretty hard head as well.

Yes. Not sure what there is to discuss, really. Anybody who has watched any sport knows in a blowout, injured players are taken out of the game. Standard practice. Maybe I need to listen to MSU media podcasts for a rationalization of why our coaching staff was right and I'm wrong on this matter.