Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kiffin's a better SEC coach than Leach

Leach wasn't our first choice but that's who we got. Kiffin's offense is more explosive and he's a better recruiter. That offense runs at lot more than slants. Ole Miss is a decent DC away from being much better and they're 5-1 right now. Leach needs his players for his scheme. He may never get them to State and the Air Raid is all he runs. The Air Raid had -1 yard rushing. Will stout, 3-4 star o-lineman and running backs wanna come her? I think they're needed inside the 10 at least. And it's not Bama that shows the limits of the Air Raid. It's La Tech and Memphis. I expect 5-7 to 6-6 years under Leach with an occaisional win over a middling higher ranked team once in a while.

7 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

Kiffins scheme is really good but it helps having the best qb in the country.

3 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

The difference is Kiffin inherited a game changing quarterback ( whether we want to admit it or not) and is able to allot of things we canít do.

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Agree. Dude can play. I think that offense would still be more explosive with Rogers in that scheme than Rogers running the Air Raid.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Not sure Rogers could take the beating .

Yup. Me either. But I think Lane wouldn't run him as much because he can modify his play calling. Johnson at LSU doesn't run much. Until yesterday, they had an air-raid type of offense that relied on his passing. The run worked and O stuck with what worked. What works for us inside the 20? Ruiz?

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Leach kept him in after taking a beating. Maybe he could
    Last edited by harrybollocks; 10-17-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Bama destroyed ole miss in the first half. They were never in the game.

In the second half Alabama checked up and ole miss scored a few TDs.

We were much more in the game than ole miss ever was and that was after 2 picks and 1 returned for a td.

We had more total yards against them than ole miss did. We had more yards in the first half than bama did or damn close.

Ole miss has a great offense with a really good qb.

We have a good offense with a slightly above average qb who is smart, accurate and tough. But his arm his below average strength.

6 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Well said although Iím struggling some with the last part. Weíre 52nd in YPG and 82nd in scoring because we still canít figure out how to execute inside the 30.

With those numbers, I feel like weíre either continuing to see proof that this offense wonít work in the SEC or else weíre frankly giving Rogers too much credit by labeling him as above average. An above average QB leading a good offense should be better than 82nd in the country in scoring. It just should

Have wondered if he stayed at Florida how he would have done in Mullenís system

Matt Corrall is a crusty skank.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Matt Corrall or Will Rogers. One of these things is not like the other... A LOT of difference in style, ability, and experience.

You just gave everyone a good idea how much you really know about college football and dual threat QBs vs pass only QBs.
    Donít go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.Ē Mark Twain

Hates Memphis

Thank Mark Keenum for that. Choosing to keep Moorhead around an extra month

Instead of moving in a new direction caused us to make a knee jerk move. Everyone else had already made their hires and we were screwed any way you look at it. Timing is everything in this business and weíre always a day late and a dollar short. See Sherrill, see Croom, see Moorhead. God only knows how many years keeping those guys around set us back.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Yíall keep saying this but itís really not true.

20/23 in red zone before bama. Not sure what the stats were last night but I bet they were similar to everyone else vs bama in the red zone.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/...nt/team/703/p2

We arenít scoring a ton Bc we are young and make dumb mistakes and we arenít super talented comparable to our competition. But dumb mistakes have hurt us the most.

Quote Originally Posted by 8dog View Post
    Kiffins scheme is really good but it helps having the best qb in the country.
    He was the second best QB on the field against Alabama and Arkansas. He was outplayed in both games and it really wasn't close.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Oh Good grief.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

No, not in the long run. Give Leach Corrall and get back to me

kiffin is unstable and opportunist, he will jump gigs for cash every couple of years.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

So pre-Saban Kiffin is no different than post-Saban Kiffin? I see otherwise.

"he will jump gigs for cash every couple of years" So he's like other coaches with the ability to change jobs when opportunities arise. And he's like a lot of Americans (including me), I guess. We have a lot of unstable opportunists in this country. He's really only done that twice. One was a move to USC and LA over Knoxville and the other was to move to Ole Miss. Do those moves indicate he's an unstable opportunist? Saban moved from Mich State to LSU to Miami to Alabama. What an unstable opportunist he was until Bama called.
    Last edited by harrybollocks; 10-17-2021 at 03:11 PM.

if you paid attention in 2020 and so for in 2021, this should not be a surprise. I think the big difference, other than drive and energy, is Kiffen is willing to do whatever it takes to win, while Leach is going to stick with what he knows.

I don't think so. I think kiffin has learned a lot with his stint at bama and then down at fau.

I think as long as he can recruit at a high level at ole miss he will stay there and compete and stay in 8-9 win range. He might stay a while like Dan did here.

Was a worse Pac-12 coach but suddenly a better SEC coach huh? Letís just let it play out rather than firing the coach for getting thumped in the SEC tourney, for onceÖ.

Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    Yíall keep saying this but itís really not true.

20/23 in red zone before bama. Not sure what the stats were last night but I bet they were similar to everyone else vs bama in the red zone.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/...nt/team/703/p2

We arenít scoring a ton Bc we are young and make dumb mistakes and we arenít super talented comparable to our competition. But dumb mistakes have hurt us the most.
    We aren't young. You can drop that argument.

Those stats are not helpful bc you get credit for a FG. Look at all the teams around us with similar RZ trip- they all have more TDs. I think we were 100% in two RZ trips last night. We got 6 points out of it.

And our lack of creativity has really hurt us inside the 5 against Memphis and LSU and would have against TAMU if that guy hadnt grabbed Polks facemask.
    Last edited by 8dog; 10-17-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Dan had a lot of ambition and was young. I don't know what Kiffin's ambitions are. He seems to be all over the place. They were both on the way up when they took the jobs at State and OM, particularly Dan. Leach is not young and past ambition. He seems to have one foot on the beach. But he's who we got and who we have.

Stop comparing Sabin to Kiffin itís laughable

Honestly I think he wanted to be head coach in sec again sfter coaching under saban and I think now he wants to beat him before saban retires. I think he will stay at ole miss either until he does or decides he can't beat him there. He sounds a lot more settled than he used to be m. Like not as willing to move around

Saban may make the decision for him and retire...then maybe bammer hires Kiffin. There's definitely a mutual respect and admiration between Saban and Kiffin. Saban fired him but it may have been like the mama bird kicking the kid out of the nest for his best interest. Kiffin may be the son that Saban never had.

Whatev. Work on your comprehension skills.

Who mentioned the Pac-12 in this thread, besides you? Or anything about firing a coach in this thread, besides you?

winner for the most obvious observation of the year. Kiffin is running Leach's offense in 2020... Leach is running Leach's offense in 1999 with Tim Couch.

Does Arkansas have a redzone problem?

They are kicking field goals abt 25% of the time like we are.

Are you saying saban was significantly better with Kiffen?

5 years max.
    Donít think heíll leave much sooner than that but he wonít make 6 full years

Our team doesnít have a lot of starting experience. Maybe that doesnít meant young but it definitely mean lack of experience or talent.

They are better than we are offensively in the RZ. Roughly 66% TD rate to our 60%.

So they are pretty much the same as us? Not SIGNIFICANTLY different.

1 touchdown out of 23 trips would change your mind?

ETA: actually they were 19/30 before yesterday which is 63.3%

I mean its Arkansas. They are average so yeah being 10% better than us is not great. But they also have been in the RZ more than is which makes being better in percentage than is even more impactful.

I mean it obvious when you watch the game- we just struggle down there.

We score at almost the exact same rate as Arkansas when it comes to tds in the red zone.

This was before yesterday.

IF WE SCORED 1 more td before yesterday, weíd be better at TDs in the redzone than them and youíd still be mouth breathing abt how bad we are in the red zone.

Its Arkansas. They are not very good. I dont get what your point is. Im not saying no one else struggles in the red zone. They probably get tripped up bc they dont have a great passer. Which hammers home the point- being one dimensional is bad the smaller the field gets.

Bama is only scoring tds at 68% in the redzone.

Highest I saw was 72% for tds.

Most people ahead of us in total % are around 55 to 65% in TDs. This is a stat that doesnít lie.

Iím willing to bet that percentage gets better compared to other teams when we start playing some weaker opponents.