Should Leach hire Orgeron as recruiting coordinator?

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

O will end up in the saban analyst room

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Doesn't matter. I can give you about 17 million reasons why he wouldn't come here.

Surely if they're paying the full 17mil there'll be a non-compete.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsbaseball View Post
    Surely if they're paying the full 17mil there'll be a non-compete.
    All depends. Might end up in Oxford with his ole buddy.

Saban demands a morals clause...even for analysts

Hell yes. You’d be stupid not to try.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

One sentence hot takes.
    He ends up at BAMA if he stays with College. I figure he sits out a year or two or does some NFL assistant coaching.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by vandaldawg View Post
    Hell yes. You’d be stupid not to try.
    And when has he been a great defensive coordinator?

Twitter
    prdubya
    Not so sure about that… on the one hand he’s a great recruiter, on the other hand he brings a LOT of baggage and could outshine the program / school (and not always in a good way…)

Plus, as mentioned previously, $17M May cool his appetite to work very hard. Even easier to pick up bayou dames with a natty and $17M if you didn’t ever want to work again.

He's rich and he'd never come here because we don't pay big bucks for a recruiting coordinator. And, I predict, some unsavory things are gonna come out that make him untouchable for a while to everyone not named Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss.

Did anyone say anything abt defensive coordinator?

Don't be ridiculous. We don't want Orgeron lurking around here

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Nah. Don’t want a top recruiter working for us while we clutch our pearls.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

O and Bracky....now that would be an "odd couple" for the ages**

Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    O will end up in the saban analyst room
    I think he ends up as HC at ULaLa, once Napier decides to stop being so picky and finally take a job somewhere.

I <3 the St Louis Cardinals Mobile Bay's Avatar
    Word is coach O has a two year exclusionary clause in his contract. Meaning he cannot be involved in football for two years in any way shape or form.

If he goes to ULaLa he coach and be the mascot for the Ragin’ Cajuns

He's 60 years old. He may coach till the day he dies, but if I were him I'd take that $17-million and enjoy life away from football.

Quote Originally Posted by kired View Post
    He's 60 years old. He may coach till the day he dies, but if I were him I'd take that $17-million and enjoy life away from football.
    I think he actually enjoys football and even recruiting. I think the biggest issue is going to be whether he wants to come back and work for somebody else after having a taste of being the man. If he does, I would not be shocked to see him as a position coach again in the NFL or even a recruiting coordinator and position coach in college. Or hell, just a volunteer coach in high school (this might actually be what I put money on). On the other hand, he may have had enough of a taste of the good life that he's not going to be willing to report to anybody again.

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson86-1 View Post
    I think he actually enjoys football and even recruiting. I think the biggest issue is going to be whether he wants to come back and work for somebody else after having a taste of being the man. If he does, I would not be shocked to see him as a position coach again in the NFL or even a recruiting coordinator and position coach in college. Or hell, just a volunteer coach in high school (this might actually be what I put money on). On the other hand, he may have had enough of a taste of the good life that he's not going to be willing to report to anybody again.
    That's why seeing him at ULL wouldn't shock me, as RupertRuxin said. I can't see him going backwards at 60 years old. This is assuming he wants to keep coaching.

I mean he's got 2 options:

1 - Go to ULL or similar (I mean could be Tulane or Tech), and seeing if his CEO strategy can work there, and help build them up. This is obviously if he wants the challenge.

2 - Sit back, take his money, and just be an influential personality in and around Baton Rouge. Just be an LSU fan and advocate. Every once in a while go check out your statue, etc. He will be loved forever if he does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Word is coach O has a two year exclusionary clause in his contract. Meaning he cannot be involved in football for two years in any way shape or form.
    18 months, to be exact. And he also has to make four "personal appearances" on behalf of the university over that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Toag View Post
    That's why seeing him at ULL wouldn't shock me, as RupertRuxin said. I can't see him going backwards at 60 years old. This is assuming he wants to keep coaching.

I mean he's got 2 options:

1 - Go to ULL or similar (I mean could be Tulane or Tech), and seeing if his CEO strategy can work there, and help build them up. This is obviously if he wants the challenge.
    I am assuming that nobody that can afford to pay him to hire good coordinators is going to want him and that no G5 school is going to be dumb enough to think he can be the x's and o's of the operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Toag View Post
    2 - Sit back, take his money, and just be an influential personality in and around Baton Rouge. Just be an LSU fan and advocate. Every once in a while go check out your statue, etc. He will be loved forever if he does this.
    And that very well may be the best bet. He can still do football camps and stuff to get his football fix. It just won't be the same as being in the lockerroom, but once some time has passed, he may be welcome to sort of pop in and be on the fringe of that if he has a good enough relationship with the then head coach.

This is a joke, right? He's being dismissed for off the field crap as much as on. We don't need to deal with that.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

He may have to keep working. From what I understand his ex wife gets half of the $17 million. That’s “only” $8.5 million, and a bad boy like Eddie O spends a lot on swag. Boats and hoes and all that..

Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    Did anyone say anything abt defensive coordinator?
    Sorry, eyes are going bad in my old age.