Monday Positive Vibes thread: Always feels good to beat Bama...

1. What a way to rip their hearts out... In his first meaningful action as a Diamond Dawg, Corbin Grantham plated a run with a sac fly to cap off the game in the 14th and give us the 3-2 victory.

2. We struck out 18 and walked just 5 over the 14 innings.

3. Kam James hit one half way to West Point in the sixt inning.

4. Preston Johnson looks to be making a move.. struck out 4 in 2 innings.

5. Dawgs win again.

10 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

Looked like the crowd was about 3-4K. Poor game day management has spilled over to baseball. No game roster sheets offered at the gates nor did we have a concession stand open. Cohen slipping on the crown jewel now. We would have had a better turn out if it would have been promoted. Wish the NCAA would allow for 3 fall scrimmages a year. This way we could play 1 away and then play 2 at home on Fridays of home football weekends.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Lemonis owns Bohannon

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Gonna defend Cohen here for a sec... First, I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA dropped some rules around these scrimmages like not selling concessions and the limited use of music and video boards. Don't forget.. this is the NCAA and baseball is the redheaded step child.

Second.. a lot goes into opening the concession stands. You don't just snap your fingers and start handing out popcorn. Especially when you have no idea what crowd numbers will be.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Agreed. They have skeleton crews working football concessions and people want concessions open at a baseball scrimmage. Come on man.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    a lot goes into opening the concession stands. You don't just snap your fingers and start handing out popcorn. Especially when you have no idea what crowd numbers will be.
    I understand what you're saying and agree it takes a lot to open concession stands. That's why I said concession stand (single). I should have clarified when I said stand that we didn't need to offer CFA sandwiches or beer vendors on Friday but we needed one concession stand open serving bottle water, cokes and bagged peanuts. No popcorn, no hotdogs, no hamburgers or hard pretzels. If Samford could do this with 2 folks and serve hamburgers and hotdogs for a crowd of 1K a couple of weeks ago, Cohen could have had 2 working a stand that only offered limited items. He knew how many Samford had at their game so he had a good idea what to expect for ours. Given it was a football weekend and how much State fans care about our baseball.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I feel bad for Bama. The disadvantages they have. Insurmountable. *****
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

It's an offseason scrimmage that means absolutely nothing. I've never understood why people get so fired up to go watch a fall baseball scrimmage game.

Much less demand concessions for a non-paid entry and complain of no roster sheets.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by PartTimeGenius View Post
    It's an offseason scrimmage that means absolutely nothing. I've never understood why people get so fired up to go watch a fall baseball scrimmage game.

Much less demand concessions for a non-paid entry and complain of no roster sheets.
    Because it takes our minds off the suckitude in football.

Quote Originally Posted by PartTimeGenius View Post

Because nobody bitches like a State fan…. Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by jack daniels dog View Post
    Because nobody bitches like a State fan…. Nobody
    To be fair, we have a lot to bitch about this weekend. And in general.

Really? You think the NCAA is allowing open fall games but have a rule against opening a concession stand? That would be beyond stupid. More likely, the athletic dept. and its concessionaires just didn't want to have to deal with Friday baseball concessions and Saturday football.

Good grief.

You want a roster, print if off the Hail State website.

Our regular group brought in coolers as "promoted" in the emails, tweets, and Facebook posts I saw and several bags of our own snacks (boiled peanuts, chips, cheese crackers, summer sausage) all much better than what we would have spent $$ on at the concession stands. It's just really not that hard UNLESS you are looking for something to BITCH about.
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    Looked like the crowd was about 3-4K. Poor game day management has spilled over to baseball. No game roster sheets offered at the gates nor did we have a concession stand open. Cohen slipping on the crown jewel now. We would have had a better turn out if it would have been promoted. Wish the NCAA would allow for 3 fall scrimmages a year. This way we could play 1 away and then play 2 at home on Fridays of home football weekends.
    Wasn't it a skirmish?

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    I understand what you're saying and agree it takes a lot to open concession stands. That's why I said concession stand (single). I should have clarified when I said stand that we didn't need to offer CFA sandwiches or beer vendors on Friday but we needed one concession stand open serving bottle water, cokes and bagged peanuts. No popcorn, no hotdogs, no hamburgers or hard pretzels. If Samford could do this with 2 folks and serve hamburgers and hotdogs for a crowd of 1K a couple of weeks ago, Cohen could have had 2 working a stand that only offered limited items. He knew how many Samford had at their game so he had a good idea what to expect for ours. Given it was a football weekend and how much State fans care about our baseball.
    It was announced beforehand that no concessions would be open. You're beyond ridiculous here.

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    Really? You think the NCAA is allowing open fall games but have a rule against opening a concession stand? That would be beyond stupid. More likely, the athletic dept. and its concessionaires just didn't want to have to deal with Friday baseball concessions and Saturday football.
    Considering the labor situation, wouldn't you think that is reasonable?

You hate Cohen like no other. But you've been consistent about it, been at it since 2009.

Boy, this week’s Positive Vibes thread really went to shit.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    Boy, this week’s Positive Vibes thread really went to shit.
    This should be the Vanderbilt Countdown Slogan.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I didn't say it was reasonable or unreasonable. Just that I seriously doubt there's an NCAA rule prohibiting concessions.

Likes Custom Titles CochiseCowbell's Avatar
    Did they charge for admittance and if so, what was it?

You should know that with State fans, there are no such things as positive vibes.

A few points:
    1. No charge to get in. They were taking donations to Bully's closet and pantry.
    2. You could bring coolers in and they were not checking. We walked in with a wagon full of food, charcoal, and several backpack coolers.
    3. Pulled up the roster on my phone.

We had a blast! I wish we could do this twice each season.