Kentucky Game at 6 p.m. on SEC Network

It was a topic of discussion on here earlier in the week.

Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

Thank you, City of Madison, for deciding Halloween has to be on Saturday night instead of Sunday, the 31st.
    -VH

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Quote Originally Posted by vhdawg View Post
    Thank you, City of Madison, for deciding Halloween has to be on Saturday night instead of Sunday, the 31st.
    Agreed.

Good luck finding a city that isnt on Saturday

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Yeah, itís bull shit. Just do it on Sunday.

Guess Iíll be walking around trick or treating with my cell phone in hand watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by msudawg12 View Post
    Ridgeland, without looking.
    -VH

I believe Tupelo has said it would be Sunday (thanks Todd Jordan!)

Sunday here.

We are sticking with Sunday. I dont understand why everyone is moving it to Saturday.

Our Madison hood voted to observe on 10/31. #democracy

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

My kids are too old for trick or treat. I will be at game with one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 8dog View Post
    We are sticking with Sunday. I dont understand why everyone is moving it to Saturday.
    People don't want to Trick or Treat on Sunday because of religious reasons but will party thier asses for the Super Bowl. ***********

Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryDawg View Post
    People don't want to Trick or Treat on Sunday because of religious reasons but will party thier asses for the Super Bowl. ***********
    Funny, I also know some Baptists around these parts that don't celebrate Halloween too. Kinda extreme but people gonna people, I guess. They also won't touch alcohol but stuff themselves with casseroles routinely. Heart disease is cool but can't get drunk or trick or treat. Interesting.

The university encouraged people a few years ago to trick or treat at tailgate tents. We had some huge bowls of candy and had a good many kids come through. It would kind of be a compromise if they did it again and parents would take the kids walking around, kids get to trick or treat and parents get to go to the game.
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

Cities on the coast. I have lived in Gautier for 20 years and they always have it on Halloween, no matter the day of the week. Pretty sure most other cities down here are the same. Makes sense considering everything else down here is way better than the rest of the state.***
    Last edited by woozman; 10-18-2021 at 08:20 PM.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Sunday in my little N. MS shangri-la.

Quote Originally Posted by 8dog View Post
    I mean, I get that it would be a little easier on a Saturday as far as not having to worry about school the next day when your kids are hopped up on sugar, but how late are you going to be out with your kids trick or treating? You might not get to bed as early as you'd prefer, but it's not like you're going to have them up at midnight.

Now if they are doing it because they think it will be more fun for the adults to sit around and drink and watch football while handing out candy without having to worry about a hangover at work the next day, that I can understand. And it's a pretty small percentage of the population that is going to be making the trip to a college football game, so I can understand the city not worrying about them.

Tell me how any city can make Halloween on any arbitrary day they decide on? Iíve never understood that.
    What if they moved Christmas from the 25th to the 26th? Itís the peopleís holiday not the mayors.

I'm in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. My town and all of the neighboring towns are always on Halloween regardless of when it falls.

There are some trunk or treats at local churches, etc. on Saturday, but we'll be trick or treating on Sunday.

You can celebrate it any time. But the city determines when they'll provide assistance. Here the police block off a lot of subdivisions so you don't have cars driving around when a 100+ kids are out. Ours is supposed to be foot traffic or golf carts only from 6 - 9.

This does not surprise me. There are some good things about Madison, but it has always seemed to be very anal and uptight when it comes to anything to do with religion or politics. Madison needs to loosen up some and put in some family recreational businesses such as bowling alleys, skating rinks and water parks, etc. I think businesses like that would thrive in Madison. Problem is, Mayor Mary wants to keep it too tightly controlled.
    Last edited by wsjmsu75; 10-18-2021 at 05:43 PM.

One sentence hot takes.
    That may be a very scary game.

Ocean Springs on Sunday.