Thread: Path to 6 wins

Path to 6 wins

I know we are all counting Vandy and Tennessee State as wins, but we will need one more to get bowl eligible. Which team do you see us beating, if any, on the remaing schedule ?? Auburn ? Arkansas ? I try to stay positive but I really don't think we can beat Ky or OM. The way Bo Nix has played of late that might be a tough task for us.
    Last edited by Ralph Cramden; 10-18-2021 at 04:31 PM.

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Cramden View Post
    I know we are all counting Vandy and Tennessee State as wins, but we will need one more to get bowl eligible. Which team do you see us beating, if any, on the remaing schedule ?? Auburn ? Arkansas ? I try to stay positive but I really don't think we can beat Ky or OM. The way Bo Nix has played of late that might be a tough task for us.
    Kentucky will be ripe.

0 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

OM executing at a high level and will just get better. Aubie is more talented across the board. Without miracles, those are losses.

We have Kentucky at home. Their UGA game aside, UK looks strong. Stoops is a great coach. We gotta play better than we did against A&M. Can't turn it over and they gotta turn it over at least twice. If not, that's a loss.

We will have to play damn near error-free football to beat Ark (not to mention with 'relentless effort'). They seem to offer the most potential for a victory. They are at about our talent level and hopefully the season has worn them down more than us by the time we play 'em.

I feel we'll beat either Auburn or Arkansas, but not both. UK will be tough, and Ole Miss will be typical Egg Bowl, you never know which team will show up.
    Call me crazy, but Something tells me we win 2 of these 4.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Ark and Ky both have off weeks before us. You would think that helps in preparing to face our offense.

OM may be the most likely candidate. It will be interesting to see if Corral can hold up at the pace they are using him. He's running as much as Dak or Fitz ever did, and he's not quite as big as those guys.

Iím dead serious when I ask this, but do teams really have to prepare for our offense?

It seems like every decent team pretty much follows the same simple set of rules on defense. Keep the ball in front of you, make tackles, and hang on for long enough so that State can eventually stop themselves

I lean toward Kentucky being the most winnable. I think we can slow down their running game, I'm not totally sold on Levis as a QB, and they have a track record of struggling here over the last decade plus.

At this point, in order of likelihood:

Arkansas - Not what we thought they were.
    Ole Miss - It's the Egg Bowl and it's in Starkville. Anything can happen, and it probably will.
    Kentucky - Good, but beatable. Side note: We haven't lost a Homecoming game since Houston in 2009.
    Auburn - Better than we thought they were.

So, I think it comes down to we either play a great game against Arkansas or we roll the dice in the Egg Bowl.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    During one of the games back earlier in the season they quoted the defensive coordinator saying they have to prep for it like you would prep for playing someone like Navy.

Im sure hoping we can get at least one of those 4. 2 obviously would be better but we really need the extra time a bowl game gives us. I am slowly starting to lose hope but surely we can beat one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgg View Post
    At this point, in order of likelihood:

Arkansas - Not what we thought they were.
    Ole Miss - It's the Egg Bowl and it's in Starkville. Anything can happen, and it probably will.
    Kentucky - Good, but beatable. Side note: We haven't lost a Homecoming game since Houston in 2009.
    Auburn - Better than we thought they were.

So, I think it comes down to we either play a great game against Arkansas or we roll the dice in the Egg Bowl.
    Unless Corral gets hurt they will win out.

Kentucky hasnít beaten us in Starkville since 2008Öso yea, we are probably gonna win that one and be favored.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    Unless Corral gets hurt they will win out.
    They'll get beat by A&M or Auburn if not both.

L4Dawg - Version 2.0
    I don't see one.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I was assured 7 was the absolute basement for Leach in year 2.

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Unless Rogers is reasonably ok,

None of this will matter.

But, I don't know.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

Maybe we can get Auburn and Arkansas. Kentucky has been looking pretty dominant until the Georgia game.

We shit the bed against Memphis St and really should have and could have beaten LSU. We win those or even 1 and this conversation isnít even happening.
    I do think we find a way to win 3 of the remaining 6. Where that other one is coming from I have no idea really but Iíd say the odds are on it being in this order -
    Kentucky
    Arkansas
    Ole Miss
    Auburn

I think every game is a possibility to win but outside of TN state and maybe vandy, I think they all could be losses too.

Just because itís at home, Iíd say most likely wins are either Kentucky or ole miss. Next would be auburn.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Teams that run the ball can beat them. Auburn and Texas A&M can do it.

Kentucky and Arkansas are tied for me. Then OM and Auburn are tied for me as well. We could win or lose any of these games. We can and should win 3 more to get to a bowl. Incremental improvement is all we need.

Keep in mind weíve played the best defenses already. As far as that goes we are on a downhill slope. I expect to see the offense finish strong because of that.

In my predictions I had counted Memphis and LSU as wins. A&M I had as a loss. But Kentucky and Arkansas look a lot better than I had anticipated. Auburn was looking worse than I figured but suddenly Bo Nix is running around like the second coming of Fran Tarkenton.

Leach has won 1 he shouldn't have and lost one (Memphis) he shouldn't have. Usually good for 2 of each every year.

OM is really two plays....

a missed 2 point conversion and a missed TD catch from being 0-3. Rebs have a good offense, but could easily lose 2-3 more games.

Don't you know? The yardstick keeps moving. 5-7 is right on track now.

Not sure about Ar-Kansas. They seem to be coming back to earth lately. But is on the road, so will still be a tough game. If we're going to get a 6th win, this is the most likely one.

Kentucky - 100% loss, they are very good, sorry guys.

Arkansas/Auburn - toss up, what State team shows up & can actually do with QB shituation.

Hoddy Tiddy - toss up due to rivalry

Edit: All my Hoddy Tiddy fans are saying they are winning out the rest of the year. My god it is depressing because they have a legit chance to do as such
    Last edited by MaroonOil; 10-18-2021 at 11:28 PM.