Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1

    OT: Tate Gets In Our State’s Way Again

    This is the least surprising article I’ve ever read:
    https://t.co/eAn23KlxXb


    4 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  2. #2
    Dude's also on the Mount Rushmore of Most Punchable Faces.


    4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  3. #3
    Well, he's another one that got elected because he has the (R) at the end of his name....sad


    14 out of 18 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  4. #4
    Yeah. People have to quit voting like sheep. We had two chances to elect a better governor and we wound up with this guy.


    11 out of 14 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  5. #5

    If your platform is God and Trump here

    You get like 60% of the vote.


    10 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  6. #6
    True but the Ms Dem's biggest obstacle is what's going on in D.C..


    9 out of 16 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  7. #7
    Dawg_4_lifes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutbush Laboratory
    Posts
    731
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/jlong78la
    Tate done went full Tater again.


    0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  8. #8

    The pearl clutching over marijuana is so 17ing tiresome.

    We don't need 50 different laws over something like this. Mississippi always has to tinker and put on a show for the teetotaling Baptists and shit. Being the first state to limit the THC, when you're legalizing MEDICAL marijuana? We already have dry counties, Sunday limitations, etc.

    I wish the country as a whole didn't have the same issues with national politicians of being beholden to the same prohibition supporting groups - churches, cops, and the beer & tobacco producers. If we could just cut the shit and legalize (and tax!) it nationally that would be one fewer stupid issue for everyone to get caught up in. And this isn't even (for the most part) a left right thing. It's one of the only national issues I can think of that has supporters and detractors on both sides. Too many geriatrics in charge.
    Last edited by Hump4Hoops; 10-19-2021 at 02:22 PM.


    5 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  9. #9
    WilCoDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Carpetbagger City, TN
    Posts
    2,201
    You can apply that logic to either party. If it came down to having candidates actually do what voters elected them to do, no one would ever get re-elected. Party-lines have truly ruined this country. Just look at what liberals are doing to the senators from AZ and WV for choosing their constituents over the party.


    6 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  10. #10
    Dawg_4_lifes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutbush Laboratory
    Posts
    731
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/jlong78la
    i bet half the so called teetotalers will be the first to sign up for the Mary Jane card.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  11. #11
    It’s Goat….again.
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump4Hoops View Post
    We don't need 50 different laws over something like this. Mississippi always has to tinker and put on a show for the teetotaling Baptists and shit. Being the first state to limit the THC, when you're legalizing MEDICAL marijuana? We already have dry counties, Sunday limitations, etc.

    I wish the country as a whole didn't have the same issues with national politicians of being beholden to the same prohibition supporting groups - churches, cops, and the beer & tobacco producers. If we could just cut the shit and legalize (and tax!) it nationally that would be one fewer stupid issue for everyone to get caught up in.
    Agree on the Baptist issue, I clicked on your post to essentially say you underestimate the Baptist Backwoods Lobby, before I read it all. I mean they are still anti-alcohol. Have you noticed that we've alcohol in football stadiums for 2 years now with no issues? So weird!

    I did see some on facebook try to blame the Tennessee stuff on freaking beer sales. Idiots.


    1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  12. #12
    Tate will be re-elected easily in 2023.


    5 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  13. #13
    2/3 of voters voted in favor of a MMJ program. That includes a bunch of Baptists and yet the "powerful" Baptists are still effing it up.

    2/3 in favor of anything in 2021, particularly in Mississippi, should be seen as a mandate. Yet here we are.


    8 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  14. #14
    Maroon Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    A Vienna Sewer Tunnel
    Posts
    11,298
    Your Mississippi Democrat is Sisyphus trying to roll the boulder to the top and it going back down.

    Or Charlie Brown trying to kick the ball Lucy's holding.


    4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  15. #15

    There's at least an argument for Manchin.

    Dude's neck deep in money from the coal industry, but that's actually representative of his state.

    Sinema's just in it to make bank. Not voicing any demands, not meeting with constituents, just flying from fundraiser to fundraiser, then loudly opposing measures that hurt her huge corporate donors. I hate the talk of "RINO" or "DINO," but she would make a good example. She's just there to make as much money as she can and move on to get on the board of a pharma company when she retires.

    As far as "what the liberals are doing" to them - that would be attempting to pass legislation any way possible. It's a lot harder to be the party that's currently trying to pass legislation, instead of just being the party of obstruction. However, the right is currently simply playing the hand they are given, because the rules allow it. Do I think it's abhorrent to grind everything to a halt, and threaten shutdowns, blocking nominees, etc., just because you can? Sure. It was done to Obama, it's being done to Biden, and it will be done for the foreseeable future. Thanks to filibuster rules, without 60 senators, you can't do shit.

    But, to your main point, party lines have ABSOLUTELY ruined politics. FPTP, 2 party system means you only have 2 sides of any issue, and you have to fall on the same side of damn near every issue as your party. That's how you have so many otherwise-sane republicans suddenly repeating Trump's big lie - the alternative is getting primaried. See Liz Cheney - a very far right republican, in a leadership position, that has been essentially kicked out of the party.
    Last edited by Hump4Hoops; 10-19-2021 at 02:37 PM.


    6 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  16. #16
    Good grief.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  17. #17
    Member when we were told to fear muslims infiltrating our government and implementing sharia law? Good thing that never happened or we'd have a bunch of laws driven by personal religious belie.... wait a second.....


    6 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  18. #18
    WilCoDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Carpetbagger City, TN
    Posts
    2,201
    It’s funny how you agree but only mention points denigrating Republicans as if those actions are exclusive. I’ll give you some leeway though since I know you’re blind to any liberal unreasonableness.


    10 out of 16 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jb1020 View Post
    You get like 60% of the vote.
    AUTOMATIC


    1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  20. #20

    You talked about one side of the coin

    and I talked about the other. I'm fully aware that both major American political parties suck, due to both their own unique suckyness, and to general systemic issues to our political system. I also think one party sucks a whole lot more than the other right now, no reason lying about that.

    Tying one's entire identity to a political party (or worse yet, a single politician) is absolute insanity. I vote for whoever represents me the best at the moment. That has changed before, maybe it could change again - I have voted for R, L, and D candidates at all levels. Don't get sucked into blind tribalism.
    Last edited by Hump4Hoops; 10-19-2021 at 02:48 PM.


    4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump4Hoops View Post
    Dude's neck deep in money from the coal industry, but that's actually representative of his state.

    Sinema's just in it to make bank. Not voicing any demands, not meeting with constituents, just flying from fundraiser to fundraiser, then loudly opposing measures that hurt her huge corporate donors. I hate the talk of "RINO" or "DINO," but she would make a good example. She's just there to make as much money as she can and move on to get on the board of a pharma company when she retires.
    Biden won Arizona by at best .6% of the vote. Sinema not agreeing to add trillions of dollars of spending, on top of the $1T infrastructure bill she already voted on, is pretty representative of her voters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hump4Hoops View Post
    As far as "what the liberals are doing" to them - that would be attempting to pass legislation any way possible.
    I missed the recording people in the bathroom part of Robert's Rules of Order.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hump4Hoops View Post
    It's a lot harder to be the party that's currently trying to pass legislation, instead of just being the party of obstruction. However, the right is currently simply playing the hand they are given, because the rules allow it. Do I think it's abhorrent to grind everything to a halt, and threaten shutdowns, blocking nominees, etc., just because you can? Sure. It was done to Obama, it's being done to Biden, and it will be done for the foreseeable future. Thanks to filibuster rules, without 60 senators, you can't do shit.
    It's supposed to be harder to pass legislation than not pass it. And it's ridiculous to claim anything has been ground to a halt. We're still spending trillions of dollars. We're still confirming crazies to cabinet positions. The system isn't working as it was designed because it was designed with the idea that the Senate and House would want power, not just to get reelected and get money, but it hasn't ground to a halt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hump4Hoops View Post
    But, to your main point, party lines have ABSOLUTELY ruined politics. FPTP, 2 party system means you only have 2 sides of any issue, and you have to fall on the same side of damn near every issue as your party. That's how you have so many otherwise-sane republicans suddenly repeating Trump's big lie - the alternative is getting primaried. See Liz Cheney - a very far right republican, in a leadership position, that has been essentially kicked out of the party.


    6 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  22. #22
    I <3 the St Louis Cardinals Mobile Bay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Montgomery, Al
    Posts
    2,337
    Thank God for Mississippi- Gov Kay Ivey


    3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  23. #23
    Teetotalling baptists in your face but not behind the barn


    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump4Hoops View Post
    Dude's neck deep in money from the coal industry, but that's actually representative of his state.

    Sinema's just in it to make bank. Not voicing any demands, not meeting with constituents, just flying from fundraiser to fundraiser, then loudly opposing measures that hurt her huge corporate donors. I hate the talk of "RINO" or "DINO," but she would make a good example. She's just there to make as much money as she can and move on to get on the board of a pharma company when she retires.

    As far as "what the liberals are doing" to them - that would be attempting to pass legislation any way possible. It's a lot harder to be the party that's currently trying to pass legislation, instead of just being the party of obstruction. However, the right is currently simply playing the hand they are given, because the rules allow it. Do I think it's abhorrent to grind everything to a halt, and threaten shutdowns, blocking nominees, etc., just because you can? Sure. It was done to Obama, it's being done to Biden, and it will be done for the foreseeable future. Thanks to filibuster rules, without 60 senators, you can't do shit.

    But, to your main point, party lines have ABSOLUTELY ruined politics. FPTP, 2 party system means you only have 2 sides of any issue, and you have to fall on the same side of damn near every issue as your party. That's how you have so many otherwise-sane republicans suddenly repeating Trump's big lie - the alternative is getting primaried. See Liz Cheney - a very far right republican, in a leadership position, that has been essentially kicked out of the party.

    Kyrsten Sinema gotta be the most disappointing kinda hot bisexual chick ever.



    0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by dorndawg View Post
    Kyrsten Sinema gotta be the most disappointing kinda hot bisexual chick ever.

    I'd hit that with a running start while her girlfriend watched.


    1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  26. #26
    Baptists are the worst kind of voting wack jobs. But they don't have to wear masks at church.


    0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  27. #27
    It would be really, really hard for Tate not to get reelected. But obstructing this would be one way to test that theory. Same strategy he used on the flag. "I'm not against it, I'm for it (meanwhile doing everything he can to obstruct it)."


    3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

  28. #28
    There are times I swear I could run the state on my drive into work.


    1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors






Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.