OT: Tate Gets In Our State’s Way Again

This is the least surprising article I’ve ever read:
    https://t.co/eAn23KlxXb

4 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

Dude's also on the Mount Rushmore of Most Punchable Faces.

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Well, he's another one that got elected because he has the (R) at the end of his name....sad

14 out of 18 sixpackers like this post

Yeah. People have to quit voting like sheep. We had two chances to elect a better governor and we wound up with this guy.

11 out of 14 sixpackers like this post

If your platform is God and Trump here

You get like 60% of the vote.

10 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

True but the Ms Dem's biggest obstacle is what's going on in D.C..

9 out of 16 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    https://twitter.com/jlong78la
    Tate done went full Tater again.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

The pearl clutching over marijuana is so 17ing tiresome.

We don't need 50 different laws over something like this. Mississippi always has to tinker and put on a show for the teetotaling Baptists and shit. Being the first state to limit the THC, when you're legalizing MEDICAL marijuana? We already have dry counties, Sunday limitations, etc.

I wish the country as a whole didn't have the same issues with national politicians of being beholden to the same prohibition supporting groups - churches, cops, and the beer & tobacco producers. If we could just cut the shit and legalize (and tax!) it nationally that would be one fewer stupid issue for everyone to get caught up in. And this isn't even (for the most part) a left right thing. It's one of the only national issues I can think of that has supporters and detractors on both sides. Too many geriatrics in charge.
    Last edited by Hump4Hoops; 10-19-2021 at 02:22 PM.

5 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

You can apply that logic to either party. If it came down to having candidates actually do what voters elected them to do, no one would ever get re-elected. Party-lines have truly ruined this country. Just look at what liberals are doing to the senators from AZ and WV for choosing their constituents over the party.

6 out of 10 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    https://twitter.com/jlong78la
    i bet half the so called teetotalers will be the first to sign up for the Mary Jane card.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump4Hoops View Post
    We don't need 50 different laws over something like this. Mississippi always has to tinker and put on a show for the teetotaling Baptists and shit. Being the first state to limit the THC, when you're legalizing MEDICAL marijuana? We already have dry counties, Sunday limitations, etc.

I wish the country as a whole didn't have the same issues with national politicians of being beholden to the same prohibition supporting groups - churches, cops, and the beer & tobacco producers. If we could just cut the shit and legalize (and tax!) it nationally that would be one fewer stupid issue for everyone to get caught up in.
    Agree on the Baptist issue, I clicked on your post to essentially say you underestimate the Baptist Backwoods Lobby, before I read it all. I mean they are still anti-alcohol. Have you noticed that we've alcohol in football stadiums for 2 years now with no issues? So weird!

I did see some on facebook try to blame the Tennessee stuff on freaking beer sales. Idiots.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Tate will be re-elected easily in 2023.

5 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

2/3 of voters voted in favor of a MMJ program. That includes a bunch of Baptists and yet the "powerful" Baptists are still effing it up.

2/3 in favor of anything in 2021, particularly in Mississippi, should be seen as a mandate. Yet here we are.

8 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Your Mississippi Democrat is Sisyphus trying to roll the boulder to the top and it going back down.

Or Charlie Brown trying to kick the ball Lucy's holding.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

There's at least an argument for Manchin.

Dude's neck deep in money from the coal industry, but that's actually representative of his state.

Sinema's just in it to make bank. Not voicing any demands, not meeting with constituents, just flying from fundraiser to fundraiser, then loudly opposing measures that hurt her huge corporate donors. I hate the talk of "RINO" or "DINO," but she would make a good example. She's just there to make as much money as she can and move on to get on the board of a pharma company when she retires.

As far as "what the liberals are doing" to them - that would be attempting to pass legislation any way possible. It's a lot harder to be the party that's currently trying to pass legislation, instead of just being the party of obstruction. However, the right is currently simply playing the hand they are given, because the rules allow it. Do I think it's abhorrent to grind everything to a halt, and threaten shutdowns, blocking nominees, etc., just because you can? Sure. It was done to Obama, it's being done to Biden, and it will be done for the foreseeable future. Thanks to filibuster rules, without 60 senators, you can't do shit.

But, to your main point, party lines have ABSOLUTELY ruined politics. FPTP, 2 party system means you only have 2 sides of any issue, and you have to fall on the same side of damn near every issue as your party. That's how you have so many otherwise-sane republicans suddenly repeating Trump's big lie - the alternative is getting primaried. See Liz Cheney - a very far right republican, in a leadership position, that has been essentially kicked out of the party.
    Last edited by Hump4Hoops; 10-19-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Good grief.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Member when we were told to fear muslims infiltrating our government and implementing sharia law? Good thing that never happened or we'd have a bunch of laws driven by personal religious belie.... wait a second.....

It’s funny how you agree but only mention points denigrating Republicans as if those actions are exclusive. I’ll give you some leeway though since I know you’re blind to any liberal unreasonableness.

10 out of 16 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by jb1020 View Post
    You get like 60% of the vote.
    AUTOMATIC

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

You talked about one side of the coin

and I talked about the other. I'm fully aware that both major American political parties suck, due to both their own unique suckyness, and to general systemic issues to our political system. I also think one party sucks a whole lot more than the other right now, no reason lying about that.

Tying one's entire identity to a political party (or worse yet, a single politician) is absolute insanity. I vote for whoever represents me the best at the moment. That has changed before, maybe it could change again - I have voted for R, L, and D candidates at all levels. Don't get sucked into blind tribalism.
    Last edited by Hump4Hoops; 10-19-2021 at 02:48 PM.

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Dude's neck deep in money from the coal industry, but that's actually representative of his state.

Sinema's just in it to make bank. Not voicing any demands, not meeting with constituents, just flying from fundraiser to fundraiser, then loudly opposing measures that hurt her huge corporate donors. I hate the talk of "RINO" or "DINO," but she would make a good example. She's just there to make as much money as she can and move on to get on the board of a pharma company when she retires.
    Biden won Arizona by at best .6% of the vote. Sinema not agreeing to add trillions of dollars of spending, on top of the $1T infrastructure bill she already voted on, is pretty representative of her voters.

As far as "what the liberals are doing" to them - that would be attempting to pass legislation any way possible.
    I missed the recording people in the bathroom part of Robert's Rules of Order.

It's a lot harder to be the party that's currently trying to pass legislation, instead of just being the party of obstruction. However, the right is currently simply playing the hand they are given, because the rules allow it. Do I think it's abhorrent to grind everything to a halt, and threaten shutdowns, blocking nominees, etc., just because you can? Sure. It was done to Obama, it's being done to Biden, and it will be done for the foreseeable future. Thanks to filibuster rules, without 60 senators, you can't do shit.
    It's supposed to be harder to pass legislation than not pass it. And it's ridiculous to claim anything has been ground to a halt. We're still spending trillions of dollars. We're still confirming crazies to cabinet positions. The system isn't working as it was designed because it was designed with the idea that the Senate and House would want power, not just to get reelected and get money, but it hasn't ground to a halt.

But, to your main point, party lines have ABSOLUTELY ruined politics. FPTP, 2 party system means you only have 2 sides of any issue, and you have to fall on the same side of damn near every issue as your party. That's how you have so many otherwise-sane republicans suddenly repeating Trump's big lie - the alternative is getting primaried. See Liz Cheney - a very far right republican, in a leadership position, that has been essentially kicked out of the party.

6 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

I <3 the St Louis Cardinals Mobile Bay's Avatar
    Thank God for Mississippi- Gov Kay Ivey

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Teetotalling baptists in your face but not behind the barn

As far as "what the liberals are doing" to them - that would be attempting to pass legislation any way possible. It's a lot harder to be the party that's currently trying to pass legislation, instead of just being the party of obstruction. However, the right is currently simply playing the hand they are given, because the rules allow it. Do I think it's abhorrent to grind everything to a halt, and threaten shutdowns, blocking nominees, etc., just because you can? Sure. It was done to Obama, it's being done to Biden, and it will be done for the foreseeable future. Thanks to filibuster rules, without 60 senators, you can't do shit.

Kyrsten Sinema gotta be the most disappointing kinda hot bisexual chick ever.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by dorndawg View Post
    Kyrsten Sinema gotta be the most disappointing kinda hot bisexual chick ever.

I'd hit that with a running start while her girlfriend watched.

Baptists are the worst kind of voting wack jobs. But they don't have to wear masks at church.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

It would be really, really hard for Tate not to get reelected. But obstructing this would be one way to test that theory. Same strategy he used on the flag. "I'm not against it, I'm for it (meanwhile doing everything he can to obstruct it)."

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

There are times I swear I could run the state on my drive into work.