Likes Custom Titles CochiseCowbell's Avatar

A New Vanderbilt Week Tradition

Courtesy of the 2021 Diamond Dawgs, we can relive June in October.

Here's hoping the football-team can have an error free Saturday.

One of the funniest moments in Omaha:

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

One suggestion to make this even better.. You should slip that Rodney Carrington video in there somewhere.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I had forgotten how awful Vandy's defense played

while our previously shaky defense was stellar.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

It gets awful dusty in my house when Kellum Clark hits that 3 run homer.

That was the moment I knew-knew.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

The moment I knew knew was the next inning when right fielder didn’t even put up a good little league effort and let it go to the fence.

Twitter
    @missouridawg3
    Quote Originally Posted by cowbell88 View Post
    The moment I knew knew was the next inning when right fielder didn’t even put up a good little league effort and let it go to the fence.
    we “made their ass quit” and it was incredibly fun to watch. Hard to believe an MSU team, in the biggest game in school history, threw a combined 1 hitter and we’re never really threatened the entire game. We played as clean of a game that night as we did all year long sans the no-hitter.

9 out of 10 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    we “made their ass quit” and it was incredibly fun to watch. Hard to believe an MSU team, in the biggest game in school history, threw a combined 1 hitter and we’re never really threatened the entire game. We played as clean of a game that night as we did all year long sans the no-hitter.
    That Kent State and Tulane series showed me how mentally tough our team was going to be. We got beat that saturday against a bad Kent State team and how did we bounce back? Throwing a combined no hitter.

Tulane talked shit all weekend? We told them to shove it and beat them after that friday game

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Question about Hootie's pitching motion...

Quote Originally Posted by CochiseCowbell View Post
    Courtesy of the 2021 Diamond Dawgs, we can relive June in October.

Here's hoping the football-team can have an error free Saturday.

One of the funniest moments in Omaha:
    Could that pelvic thrust he does be considered a move toward the plate?

Quote Originally Posted by thekimmer View Post
    That's just him asking the batter if he's ready to be 17ed.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh's Burner Phone View Post
    That's just him asking the batter if he's ready to be 17ed.
    That is a LOLer if ever I read one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgg View Post
    It gets awful dusty in my house when Kellum Clark hits that 3 run homer.

That was the moment I knew-knew.
    Yep. That was the moment when I looked over at my nephew in the stands and uttered the exquisitely sweet words, "We are about to win a national championship".
    Last edited by thekimmer; 10-20-2021 at 02:21 PM.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    Yep, and we didn't just knock Kumar Rocker out of the game. We made him show his ass in the process. Just an overwhelmingly dominant performance. Allowed us to just celebrate for about 3 full innings.

It was surreal. The hour after that HR was strangely almost boring. I knew the game was over and was just waiting till the final out to celebrate.

We had a bad bottom of the 1st in Game 1, otherwise we dominated them the entire three games. And if we are being honest, Vandy being the team we beat made it all the more rewarding given the beef we've all had with them over the years.

I was also glad we got another shot at them after we kinda gave them the series in Nashville in April. Thought we were the better overall team then and that proved correct in Omaha.

Quote Originally Posted by thekimmer View Post
    The previous reply about getting 17'ed nailed it, but I do think that he tones it down when there's a runner on base.