Thread: HailState.com

HailState.com

Is there a reason we’re the only school in the SEC with no updated roster on the team website or app? Someone just forget to update that or are we waiting on something else? It’s getting closer to season and I always enjoy reading bios for the guys to feel somewhat more connected to the players and future plan out how the roster will look moving forward in my head… just curious if anyone knew

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

Here’s the reason: John Cohen doesn’t give a shit about any sports but baseball, we haven’t had a full-time basketball SID since this summer. It’s just pure laziness and it’s bush league as hell.

8 out of 18 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
    Here’s the reason: John Cohen doesn’t give a shit about any sports but baseball, we haven’t had a full-time basketball SID since this summer. It’s just pure laziness and it’s bush league as hell.
    Second highest earning sport on campus, going to have our best season in years, ton of talent, but still treated like an olympic sport by our athletic admin. Hopefully the Hump Renovations will help bring some life to the program.
    <a href=https://i.gifer.com/F2wH.gif target=_blank>https://i.gifer.com/F2wH.gif</a>

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

And even in baseball we lost conference only stats. So while we are asking, lets get those back. The app is a trainwreck anyway.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

While I might not go quite that far, I will admit… the only reason I’m aware that college basketball is about to start is due to promotions from other nearby teams. Mainly, Arkansas and Memphis.

I think I may have seen one article about Molinar come across my sports feed at some point during the last two weeks, but that’s about it

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I don't know where you guys get your sports news but I have seen several stories about the transfers, interviews with each of them along with Molinari, interviews with the head coach and assistant coach. There is plenty of info. Joel Coleman has put out several articles in the last 2 weeks.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Seinfeld View Post
    While I might not go quite that far, I will admit… the only reason I’m aware that college basketball is about to start is due to promotions from other nearby teams. Mainly, Arkansas and Memphis.

I think I may have seen one article about Molinar come across my sports feed at some point during the last two weeks, but that’s about it
    Molinar and Tolu were on a podcast a week or two ago- it was pretty good. They seem like players you want to root for.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Yeah, with MLB playoffs, college football, the NFL, and the NBA season starting, it must’ve just gotten buried under everything else going on.

My main point of comparison is Memphis who posts about 85 articles/day re-capping Memphis Madness, the next top 5 recruit visiting Memphis, or the decked out Polaris that Penny is driving, but Memphis basketball is in another realm. I don’t know… maybe I’m not being fair, but I think the joint effort between the SEC and the individual schools to promote basketball is really weak these days

Matt Dunaway has been over Men's Basketball since 2018.
    "At South Panola we still honor what the word commitment means"-Lance Pogue

Don't post facts, it screws up the negative agenda
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

And we are about to pour $50 million into the Hump which probably isnt a great investment but Cohens wants it.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I’ve listened to all of Joel’s and Logan’s “Dear Ole State” and it is great. I’ve even thanked them for doing this because it’s nice getting to know the players better and seeing their awesome personalities. I’ve read the 247 articles and enjoyed them too. I’m just stating the fact that we’re the only school in the SEC without an updated roster and I’d like to see what the bench will look like and see who’s all on the squad without having to go lookup the recruiting class we just had and then the transfer class then the returners on the old roster on the schools website.

It’s Goat….again.
    Awful. You are simply awful.

2 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by 8dog View Post
    And we are about to pour $50 million into the Hump which probably isnt a great investment but Cohens wants it.

It wll probably still look like a bunt cake when they finish it.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs View Post
    Second highest earning sport on campus, going to have our best season in years, ton of talent, but still treated like an olympic sport by our athletic admin. Hopefully the Hump Renovations will help bring some life to the program.
    If it was really treated as an olympic sport, would the Hump be getting renovations?

He doesn’t cover multiple sports? Also clearly can’t hold a candle to the Gregg Ellis's of the world. He’s hasn’t tweeted about the team since august.

L4Dawg - Version 2.0
    Correct answer.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Cramden View Post
    I don't know where you guys get your sports news but I have seen several stories about the transfers, interviews with each of them along with Molinari, interviews with the head coach and assistant coach. There is plenty of info. Joel Coleman has put out several articles in the last 2 weeks.
    If you follow @HailStateMBK on Twitter, there's a ton of promotion, info, and videos on a near daily basis.

He doesn’t cover multiple sports? Also clearly can’t hold a candle to the Gregg Ellis's of the world. He’s hasn’t tweeted about the team since august.
    He does but basketball is his primary. He has 332 followers, why waste your time doing that, everything gets sent through @HailStateMBK.
    "At South Panola we still honor what the word commitment means"-Lance Pogue

One sentence hot takes.
    I think the answer to basketball is to build a completely new arena somewhere besides where the hump is at that will seat around 5000- 7000 seat capacity loaded with luxury accommodations. Put the students as close to courtside as much as possible. Make it a hard ticket to come by and base most of the revenue off of premium seating/luxury boxes. Gone are the days of nearly 10,000 in the hump, but if pack 5000 in a smaller arena with students courtside 3/4 around the floor. That would be a pretty tough place to play.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Speaking of basketball - noticed they have a mini-plan for the SEC Saturday games going on sale Nov 1, $50 each. I assume those are GA tickets only but that's still a pretty good deal for those of us that don't buy season tickets because we can't make the mid-week games. Alabama, UM, Missouri, and Vandy.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar

Name:  59EE4A81-8E10-4348-A593-51AC4511B2A8.gif
Views: 1215
Size:  2.78 MB

I realize I brought out the Cohen haters with this post… not my intentions. Just weird that we’re a month away and still have last years roster up when literally every other SEC team has there’s posted. Just seems like it was overlooked. Obviously it’s not cohens job to update rosters online.

Ah yeah he does. That is just stupid.

Yeah, we should spend 120 million and build a new one. This upgrade is like polishing a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs View Post
    Hopefully the Hump Renovations will help bring some life to the program.
    Hahaha! Not a chance. There will be no fewer than 3 threads on here running simultaneously the day reno is complete bitching about the shade of color of the chairs, the smell of the cups, and music choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    Hahaha! Not a chance. There will be no fewer than 3 threads on here running simultaneously the day reno is complete bitching about the shade of color of the chairs, the smell of the cups, and music choice.
    Speaking of chairs, watching the Volleyball team on TV, I noticed the sideline chairs are still the Croom era ‘frilly’ M-State banner.

Impossible. He only cares about baseball. I’m so confused by this thread…

Name checks out

UPDATE: The roster is now posted on the website.

you're welcome

This pretty much sums up the issue. The man just doesn't have the experience to build. I don't want to get by, I want to get ahead. Bowl games and every 4yrs or so have a pretty damn good football team. It's really not much to ask these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgg View Post
    If it was really treated as an olympic sport, would the Hump be getting renovations?
    Which olympic sport hasn't gotten facility renovations? Volleyball? Track and Field? Cross Country? I don't know about those but Softball/Tennis*, Soccer, Golf have all had substantial facility upgrades. Obviously football and baseball have.

*The tennis upgrades may amount to little more than a facelift connected to the softball project. I don't know the status of the indoor facility, at one time something was in the works there but I honestly don't know.
    ...Ole Miss fans do not believe in Jesus.
    Dawgstudent, 12-12-13

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Cramden View Post
    Shhhhh…this folks on here just need something to bitch about without actually doubt any research of their own…ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I think the answer to basketball is to build a completely new arena somewhere besides where the hump is at that will seat around 5000- 7000 seat capacity loaded with luxury accommodations. Put the students as close to courtside as much as possible. Make it a hard ticket to come by and base most of the revenue off of premium seating/luxury boxes. Gone are the days of nearly 10,000 in the hump, but if pack 5000 in a smaller arena with students courtside 3/4 around the floor. That would be a pretty tough place to play.
    Yes to this.

Quote Originally Posted by LonesomeDog View Post
    This pretty much sums up the issue. The man just doesn't have the experience to build. I don't want to get by, I want to get ahead. Bowl games and every 4yrs or so have a pretty damn good football team. It's really not much to ask these days.
    I think we're well beyond having a pretty damn good football team every 4 years; MAYBE once every 10 years going forward . . . . . .