Thread: -2 against UK

-2 against UK

So we open as a 2 point favorite this week….

Also Auburn is a 1 pt favorite against Ole Miss. That’s interesting because I would’ve thought Ole Miss would’ve been at least a 6 point favorite in that.
    Last edited by dawgnabit; 10-24-2021 at 02:20 PM.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

Glad but a little surprising .

Already moved down to -1 and Ole Manning and Aubie now pick 'em

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    A pickem? Didn’t expect that.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    I figured UK -3. I’m surprised.

What? Does Vegas not read SixPack and realize that we are terrible and have an FCS starting quarterback? I was told we would lose to Kentucky 35-10.

10 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

I figured UK -4 and that includes us getting 3 pt home advantage

Not surprised at all we opened as a favorite. Vegas is begging people to bet on UK. Public perception is all over UK because of the record and ranking, but the computers say we have a >50% chance to win outright at home. This game is a total toss up IMO.

Looking beyond the record, Kentucky has not been all that impressive this season outside of waxing a checked out LSU team at home.

I’m frankly a little surprised Auburn only opened at -1. I figured they’d be closer to -5 at home coming off a bye, but I don’t know what OM’s injury situation looks like this week.

Agree, Kentucky has not been that impressive this year, beyond the record. Single score wins against weak Missouri and South Carolina teams, plus they were actually down to Chattanooga in the 4th quarter. They are not going to out-talent us, limit turnovers and we win this one.

Now it's State +1 and Aub -2 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by rynodawg View Post
    Agree, Kentucky has not been that impressive this year, beyond the record. Single score wins against weak Missouri and South Carolina teams, plus they were actually down to Chattanooga in the 4th quarter. They are not going to out-talent us, limit turnovers and we win this one.
    They win by being serviceable in the trenches and generally playing smart football. If we do the same we should win this one.

If we throw a pick 6, fumble inside our 40 or commit multitudes of penalties we're likely getting our ass beat. This is a step up game. The opportunity is there. If we play like shit, let the criticisms rain, it'll be deserved.

given that home field is typically considered good for 7 points, this isn't a ringing endorsement

Home field is typically 3 points, no?

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Already moved down to -1 and Ole Manning and Aubie now pick 'em
    Unless Corrall is gimpy they should win that one.
    Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by horshack View Post
    given that home field is typically considered good for 7 points, this isn't a ringing endorsement

I'd always heard home field was worth 3. In any event, this website says ours is one of the best at 3.4 https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...l-betting-2021

Quote Originally Posted by dawgnabit View Post
    So we open as a 2 point favorite this week….

Also Auburn is a 1 pt favorite against Ole Miss. That’s interesting because I would’ve thought Ole Miss would’ve been at least a 6 point favorite in that.

Real surprised at this one, I saw us as close to a TD underdog. It's almost as if Vegas handicappers are way better at this than me.

Maybe. My memory makes stuff up. A lot...