Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Get your checkbook out Cohen

It appears Leach is going to be asking for a raise.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...255472671.html
    Last edited by JoeLee'sSocks; 11-04-2021 at 01:15 AM.

1 out of 17 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

That's not even lateral. The big 12 is now a husk of the shell it was

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

We may have to get the check book out at some point but I don't think so on this one.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @GuyFromGulfport
    Who's buying this bunk.? The bad blood (to simplify) between Leach and the Board of Regents, has all of a sudden gone away?

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Fake news

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Considering the bad blood and the fact that Leach is 60, I'm not buying he wants to spend his last coaching years back there.

Yeah I donít see this happening at all. Texas Tech screwed Leach out of millions and tried (mostly unsuccessfully) to smear his name. As long as State pays Leach fairly, heís not going anywhere. When he retires, itíll be from Starkville to Key West.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

I read that article earlier today but just can't imagine him leaving here to go back there

Friday Fourplay Wizard ZombieKissinger's Avatar
    In addition to what you said, I think he also wants to prove his system works in the best conference in football. He has some ego invested in our job, which is great by me

Leach has been wanting to coach in the SEC for years to prove his system can work there. Now that heís finally got an SEC job, heís going to leave to go back to a school that fired him and he sued which will be in a conference that will be a shell of what it is now? I donít think so.

On some level I could see Leach leaving due to Cohen embarrassing him about the Covid cartoon and some other comments he made that were blown way out of proportion.

0 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Tech canít afford him (at least past 2024) and with the ugly way his tenure ended and how Tech used a legal loophole to get out of his contract, I donít see it.

No way he would ever go back there. He is still pissed at the way he was run off and not paid.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Some of you have never had a negotiation in your life I'm guessing. Of course he's not going back, but he's also built the crazy guy reputation who might just go back...

It's contract extension time. Mississippi has that stupid ass 4 year limit. Leach is halfway through and has everyone excited. Unless he falls apart or some stupid vaccine shit gets him canned, he's going to get paid. This is one more log on the fire. 4 and 6 is coming...

Get your checkbook out Cohen. He's a 17ing pirate, he's going to get his money.

[QUOTE=JoeLee'sSocks;1981636]It appears Leach is going to be asked for a raise.

NOPE, Leach is STILL in court suing TxTech for compensation over his BS firing 'for cause!'

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee'sSocks View Post
    Some of you have never had a negotiation in your life I'm guessing. Of course he's not going back, but he's also built the crazy guy reputation who might just go back...

It's contract extension time. Mississippi has that stupid ass 4 year limit. Leach is halfway through and has everyone excited. Unless he falls apart or some stupid vaccine shit gets him canned, he's going to get paid. This is one more log on the fire. 4 and 6 is coming...

Get your checkbook out Cohen. He's a 17ing pirate, he's going to get his money.
    "Pay me or Iím going back to TT" may be the poorest negotiating strategy ever.

7 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Contract extension time you say.....hah. After Saturday, when/if State loses to Arkansas, the roller coaster will be back at the bottom and Leach's head will be on the chopping block again.

1 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Is their source Football Scoop?

Theory: The ďsourcesĒ are the CL twerp that Leach has been whipping on in his press conferences.

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

He will be in Starkvegas until the cheerleader fires the merlin and hires Leach in gataville.

Those gata fans would set Stricklin's office on fire if he hired Leach. They don't want to wait on a new offense to be put in place.

Ehhh. I think we have a basic blogger with a dream here.

It wasnít a surprise to lose Mullen to Florida. I would be blown away if there were any thought of Leach returning to Texas Tech. That divorce was pretty nasty.

Likes Custom Titles CochiseCowbell's Avatar
    Someone find an electrical closet for this "writer."

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by CochiseCowbell View Post
    Someone find an electrical closet for this "writer."
    And also for JLS, but please supply it with plenty of good bourbonÖand toilet paper.

Leach May or May not ask for a raise but Iím willing to give you 10 to 1 odds he isnít going back to Texas tech this year.

I only say this year Bc the job is open right now.

Not arguing. It's silly to think it would happen, and Engel even points that out. I am just highlighting the gamesmanship has begun. Coaches or their agents leak their names to make AD's pay up.

As for the writer. Mac Engel is not some little scrub from the Clarion Ledger. He's been around a long time at the Fort Worth Star Telegram. He is going to be pretty plugged in all over Texas and would likely have some in roads to the Texas Tech Cigar boys. My take is there are some big money donors at Tech that want Leach back, probably never wanted him to leave, and they are stirring this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Fake news
    yep ... and just in time for recruiting season

Case has been resolved. TTU won. Supreme Court said TTU has immunity.
    MSU Class of 2011

You not your agent has to leak anything for writers to talk abt it.

Leach ain't going anywhere. Rumor is he told Cohen and some boosters this will be his last stop before retiring to Key West. He wants to prove that the Air Raid can be successful in the SEC.

Oh my stars we better bend over backwards, how will we ever find anyone that can go 9-10?

He's a 17ing pirate, he's going to get his money.
    He's gonna get his booty??

Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Leach ain't going anywhere. Rumor is he told Cohen and some boosters this will be his last stop before retiring to Key West. He wants to prove that the Air Raid can be successful in the SEC.
    I think Manny said that a couple times too.***

Quote Originally Posted by TheStateUofMS View Post
    Case has been resolved. TTU won. Supreme Court said TTU has immunity.
    I think that was just 'Round One' ... Article is from LAST year!

Coach Mike Leach prepared to fight Texas Tech 'until he dies'

(https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...es/3472666001/)

Nearly 11 years since his controversial firing at Texas Tech, Mike Leach still is waging an expensive war against Tech and will not let up "until he dies," according to the man Leach hired to lead the fight.

Leach, now the football coach at Mississippi State, has spent about $250,000 since January 2018 as part of an effort to dig up dirt on Tech. On Friday, the conflict also spilled into an online court hearing that spanned more than three hours.

Both sides dug in. An attorney for Tech said in the hearing that Leach's hired guns were “game-playing” and accused them of making “constant misrepresentations."

But Leach has said it's the opposite and is prepared for a long battle.

"Mike will go to his death demanding the truth and demanding they pay him what they owe him," Leach’s investigator, Wayne Dolcefino, told USA TODAY Sports. "I’ve got no indication that coach Leach isn’t prepared to fight the war until he dies."
    Last edited by BiscuitEater; 11-04-2021 at 10:19 AM. Reason: format

This lawsuit is right up there with the Jackie Sherrill vs Xena Reb and Rebel Rags vs Leo Lewis lawsuits. They may all last well into the next century at the rate they're going.

Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Worst poster ever.

5 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    Leach May or May not ask for a raise but Iím willing to give you 10 to 1 odds he isnít going back to Texas tech this year.

I only say this year Bc the job is open right now.
    I think Leach needs to win 2 of the last 3 conference games to warrant a bump, but that's just me. And as we all know, there have been a lot of extended contracts worth millions of dollars based on pretty common results.

Bwahahaaa. I'm a an amateur shitposter. You sir are a unanimous first ballot hall of fame shitposter. Shitposters worldwide take pilgrimage annually to worship at the alter of shit you spew. If we had a 2003 Iraq war style deck of playing cards for shit posters, you would be the ace of spades as the founder of International Society of Internet Shitposters.

When it comes to shitposters, you are the GOAT.

7 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

A year ago there could be reason slight concern. Now that the big12 is close to becoming a G5 conference Iíd say thereís essentially no concern. Throw in his legal fight with TTU and it makes zero sense.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

The Big 12 will remain a P5 conference. Depending on what shakes out with the playoff format you might could make an argument it would be easier to make the playoff from the Big 12 than from the SEC going forward. That said, I'm not worried at all about Mike Leach going back to Texas Tech. He'll retire from Mississippi State, whether that's in a couple of years or in 10 years.