Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 141
  1. #1
    Maroon Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    A Vienna Sewer Tunnel
    Posts
    11,570

    Berkeley vs. USC postponed. Details in the tweet…

    [FONT="]Game Update for Cal Football vs USC this Saturday. full release: https://t.co/xtbBSpE4WI pic.twitter.com/qwvjse8iRY— Cal Athletics (@CalAthletics) November 9, 2021 [/FONT]
    "A fool with money is a fool who bets on the Egg Bowl." — GloryDawg, November 22, 2021

    "For the record, I was wrong!" — paindonthurt, January 13, 2022


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  2. #2
    One sentence hot takes.
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,983
    Cal was supposedly 99% vaccinated.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  3. #3
    Maroon Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    A Vienna Sewer Tunnel
    Posts
    11,570
    Yeah. My stepfather might be disappointed.

    He’s a Berkeley fan and his grandfather was a prof there. He’s been known to stay up late catching Pac-12 games on TV.


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  4. #4
    IBleedMaroonDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    15,097
    Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    I have to say for college football as a whole I haven't heard a lot of this happening this season which really surprises me considering all the hoopla I heard. Personally I'm really glad because it's led to a pretty good college football season and pro season with the protocols they have an effect.

    I also thought it's funny that the Twitter Mob is so angry at Aaron Rodgers for not taking the vaccine because he's allergic to a particular part of the vaccination formula so his doctor told him not to take it while they just ignore the guy who killed somebody with his car after he drove 150+ miles per hour.
    Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” Mark Twain


    14 out of 19 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    I have to say for college football as a whole I haven't heard a lot of this happening this season which really surprises me considering all the hoopla I heard. Personally I'm really glad because it's led to a pretty good college football season and pro season with the protocols they have an effect.

    I also thought it's funny that the Twitter Mob is so angry at Aaron Rodgers for not taking the vaccine because he's allergic to a particular part of the vaccination formula so his doctor told him not to take it while they just ignore the guy who killed somebody with his car after he drove 150+ miles per hour.
    He was probably driving with his mask on so it's ok.


    11 out of 14 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  6. #6
    Maroon Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    A Vienna Sewer Tunnel
    Posts
    11,570
    I agree.

    This is the first FBS postponement this season.


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Cal was supposedly 99% vaccinated.

    99% vaccinated or immunized?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1200x0.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	22845

    Sorry, someone had to make that joke considering the timing.


    10 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  8. #8
    L4Dawg - Version 2.0
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    I have to say for college football as a whole I haven't heard a lot of this happening this season which really surprises me considering all the hoopla I heard. Personally I'm really glad because it's led to a pretty good college football season and pro season with the protocols they have an effect.

    I also thought it's funny that the Twitter Mob is so angry at Aaron Rodgers for not taking the vaccine because he's allergic to a particular part of the vaccination formula so his doctor told him not to take it while they just ignore the guy who killed somebody with his car after he drove 150+ miles per hour.
    What they are mad at Rogers for is implying he was vaccinated when asked, when he wasn't.


    6 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  9. #9
    IBleedMaroonDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    15,097
    Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Shankly View Post
    What they are mad at Rogers for is implying he was vaccinated when asked, when he wasn't.
    Did he ever say he was? I don't know but if not that is between him, the team and management.

    I have been vaccinated and I believe in everyone getting vaccinations but this country is starting to run a slippery slope about being vaccinated that really could have long lasting problems. I don't wanna get into some political argument it's just something that could lead to less desirable decisions.
    Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” Mark Twain


    3 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  10. #10
    No Rodgers said he was “immunized” not vaccinated.


    4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  11. #11
    Likes Custom Titles CochiseCowbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8,832
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    while they just ignore the guy who killed somebody with his car after he drove 150+ miles per hour.
    He didn't hurt anyone's feelings doing so. A life lost only matters if it fits the narrative.


    16 out of 19 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  12. #12
    IBleedMaroonDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    15,097
    Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSammich View Post
    No Rodgers said he was “immunized” not vaccinated.
    Name:  wtf???.gif
Views: 1504
Size:  289.8 KB

    What the hell is that! That's pretty well-known I don't like Rogers anyway but what the hell is immunized you either have a shot or you don't or you had the virus
    Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” Mark Twain


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  13. #13
    BoDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,073
    Twitter
    No thanks
    My thoughts too. If his teammates and organization aren't mad at him why should anyone else be? They (players and coaches) were the ones most at risk from this, and most if not all of them had been vaccinated. This sounds more like some folks looking for something to be pissed about.


    7 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  14. #14
    L4Dawg - Version 2.0
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    Did he ever say he was? I don't know but if not that is between him, the team and management.

    I have been vaccinated and I believe in everyone getting vaccinations but this country is starting to run a slippery slope about being vaccinated that really could have long lasting problems. I don't wanna get into some political argument it's just something that could lead to less desirable decisions.
    He was asked that direct question by a reporter at the start of the season. He stated he was immunized. It turns out he was taking some of the conspiracy theory horse dewormer type crap. The only way you can construe that is that he was intentionally misleading to avoid attention. He would have been better off to tell the truth.


    4 out of 14 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  15. #15
    WilCoDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Carpetbagger City, TN
    Posts
    2,267
    “Immunized” means he’s going to be alright in his fight against the virus. “Vaccinated” means he’s one of the mob. Therefore, even though he’ll be okay, he’s not submitting to the vax and therefore one of the enemy.


    7 out of 14 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  16. #16
    L4Dawg - Version 2.0
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by WilCoDawg View Post
    “Immunized” means he’s going to be alright in his fight against the virus. “Vaccinated” means he’s one of the mob. Therefore, even though he’ll be okay, he’s not submitting to the vax and therefore one of the enemy.
    What dictionary did you get your definition from? Link please.


    2 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Starkville
    Posts
    6,150
    17 “they”. Rodgers doesn’t owe “they” shit.


    6 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Starkville
    Posts
    6,150
    👆🏼This guy doesn’t know ivermectin has won Nobel prizes for human use.


    12 out of 18 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Starkville
    Posts
    6,150
    Curious with the vaccine mandates.

    When are we going to mandate the vaccine for food stamps, Medicare, social security, any government benefits?

    Surely if you are in favor of business mandates you are in favor of the above right?


    6 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by WilCoDawg View Post
    “Immunized” means he’s going to be alright in his fight against the virus. “Vaccinated” means he’s one of the mob. Therefore, even though he’ll be okay, he’s not submitting to the vax and therefore one of the enemy.


    6 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    This guy doesn’t know ivermectin has won Nobel prizes for human use.
    For treating roundworms, dipshit.

    https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2QB2XA


    5 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Starkville
    Posts
    6,150
    Still perfectly safe for humans and not just for horse deworming like the poster said. Dipshit.


    5 out of 12 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    Name:  wtf???.gif
Views: 1504
Size:  289.8 KB

    What the hell is that! That's pretty well-known I don't like Rogers anyway but what the hell is immunized you either have a shot or you don't or you had the virus
    Is it confirmed Rodgers hasn't had the virus?


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  24. #24

    Ivermectin works well against Covid...

    Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    Still perfectly safe for humans and not just for horse deworming like the poster said. Dipshit.
    ...in a petri dish. You know what else does? Bleach. I know you wouldn't take bleach to treat Covid so why don't you just wait a minute on the Ivermectin research instead of listening to what some right wing media blow hard tells you to do so you can feel like you are sticking it to the man. Most people are tired of this bullshit.


    9 out of 15 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    Curious with the vaccine mandates.

    When are we going to mandate the vaccine for food stamps, Medicare, social security, any government benefits?

    Surely if you are in favor of business mandates you are in favor of the above right?
    I don't have a problem with that, actually.


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    I have to say for college football as a whole I haven't heard a lot of this happening this season which really surprises me considering all the hoopla I heard. Personally I'm really glad because it's led to a pretty good college football season and pro season with the protocols they have an effect.

    I also thought it's funny that the Twitter Mob is so angry at Aaron Rodgers for not taking the vaccine because he's allergic to a particular part of the vaccination formula so his doctor told him not to take it while they just ignore the guy who killed somebody with his car after he drove 150+ miles per hour.
    You had it rolling well in that first paragraph. College football has been good to watch, NFL has been good to watch, I too am glad to see it is working out with the protocols in effect, etc.
    But then you crash and burn(bad verbiage for sure) in that second paragraph.
    - Rodgers is one of the biggest names in football. He has been on national TV ads for years now. He is incredibly established and successful.
    - Ruggs is a second year receiver.
    To be clear, Ruggs' horrible decision and result hasnt been ignored, like you claim. Its been well documented on traditional news as well as social media. But please excuse sports commentators if they focus more one of the biggest names in football who is the leader of a team with one of the best records in football.

    Rodgers flat out 17ing lied. He calls it 'unintentional misleading', but its straight up lying. His employer has a very clear health and safety protocol in place, and Rodgers chose to ignore it then lie.
    If he is allergic to something in the 2shot vaccines, then OK- follow the health and safety protocols that are well established and very clear.


    A co-worker of mine hasnt been vaccinated because she had a seziure 13 years ago after a vaccination and is super cautious. She wears a mask at all times when in the office because...she is required to by our employer.


    3 out of 15 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by WilCoDawg View Post
    “Immunized” means he’s going to be alright in his fight against the virus. “Vaccinated” means he’s one of the mob. Therefore, even though he’ll be okay, he’s not submitting to the vax and therefore one of the enemy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	you-keep-using-that-word.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	22849


    4 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  28. #28

    Works for me too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgg View Post
    I don't have a problem with that, actually.
    I wish we had tied vaccinations in to the covid relief checks to be honest.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    Curious with the vaccine mandates.

    When are we going to mandate the vaccine for food stamps, Medicare, social security, any government benefits?

    Surely if you are in favor of business mandates you are in favor of the above right?
    Anyone receiving SSI, SSDI, WIC/food assistance, sec8 assistance, work comp, etc must be vaccinated?

    Statistically that would certainly help increase the vaccination numbers in the part of the country that has the most refusal to date.


    2 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgg View Post
    Horse shampoo bought at the COOP is very popular with many of the ladies. ****

    https://drhealthbenefits.com/health-...poo-for-humans


    3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    Curious with the vaccine mandates.

    When are we going to mandate the vaccine for food stamps, Medicare, social security, any government benefits?

    Surely if you are in favor of business mandates you are in favor of the above right?

    Sure. Let's also add in anyone taking the mortgage interest deduction and SBA loans.


    2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Starkville
    Posts
    6,150
    And the mask really helps you feel better!


    8 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Starkville
    Posts
    6,150
    Didn’t say ivermectin worked or didn’t work against Covid.

    Said it is perfectly safe for humans. That’s a fact.

    But apparently 6 people are really dumb or really brainwashed or both.


    7 out of 15 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  34. #34
    It’s Goat….again.
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by WilCoDawg View Post
    “Immunized” means he’s going to be alright in his fight against the virus. “Vaccinated” means he’s one of the mob. Therefore, even though he’ll be okay, he’s not submitting to the vax and therefore one of the enemy.
    Oh dear God.

    You anti-vaxxers need to get your shit straight. We have bigger issues in this country, and sitting here dividing the conservative people over some whacko crap like this is just ridiculous.

    Maybe it's time for the reasonable Rs and Ds to combine, and leave the far right/left whackos in the wind? Unfortunately it won't work that way I guess.


    6 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Starkville
    Posts
    6,150
    Why isn’t Biden mandating it then?


    3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  36. #36

    No drug (or vaccine) is perfectly safe.

    Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    Didn’t say ivermectin worked or didn’t work against Covid.

    Said it is perfectly safe for humans. That’s a fact.

    But apparently 6 people are really dumb or really brainwashed or both.
    That's a fact.


    4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    And the mask really helps you feel better!
    It may help make some feel better since when worn properly it is a proven way to reduce transmission.
    At this point I wear it simply because it is either required(like going into a school building) or because it is requested(like going into a retail store). The store asks me to wear masks because their employees are constantly interacting with people all day who may be sick? Sure- I can care and accommodate that situation.


    If you are claiming I personally feel better when my co-worker wears a mask- that isnt correct. I have been in a car with her not wearing a mask, been in an enclosed office with her not wearing a mask, etc. I couldnt care less if she wears a mask around me.


    2 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Toag View Post
    Oh dear God.

    You anti-vaxxers need to get your shit straight. We have bigger issues in this country, and sitting here dividing the conservative people over some whacko crap like this is just ridiculous.

    Maybe it's time for the reasonable Rs and Ds to combine, and leave the far right/left whackos in the wind? Unfortunately it won't work that way I guess.

    When Goat starts making sense:



    4 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by dorndawg View Post
    When Goat starts making sense:
    For months, Goat was a crazy on this topic just like so many others. But then it was like a light flipped and Goat suddenly went full 180 on being annoyed with the lies/misinformation/ignorance. It was jarring to see, but great. When even Goat gets it, you know there is little to no help for the rest.


    4 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  40. #40

    Probably bc receiving benefits inherently is not a Covid spread risk

    Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    Why isn’t Biden mandating it then?
    Going to the office / workplace while ill is. Hence, OSHA being involved. So, vax or be tested for workers. Fair? No. Such is life.

    Further, it's likely not constitutional to tie it into a benefit the government grants based on conditions that have nothing to do with covid spread risk. Unfortunate, bc it would be a great way to increase vaccination rates in the poorer states with populations that rely more on federal assistance - MS probably being example A.


    3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors






Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.