Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Even the Media is pressing Strickland.

"We urge President Biden to move at warp speed to create a vaccine to address our emerging Amnesia virus that has infected politicians, organizations and individuals who are now claiming they never advocated to defund the police, they just wanted to re-imagine policing," Craig Lally

Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

It’s Goat….again.
    Love it, I mean you really just can't make this stuff up.

I know that all is fair in love and war. But these guys are making millions (so I do not feel sorry for them) and the way they left MSU just illustrates the absolute wrong way to do things in college sports. And pair that with the fact that NEITHER of these guys are real fits at Florida, and it just is all the more comical.

Of course, after the way Danny finished the 2013 and 2016 seasons here, I won't count him out. He'll probably win his final 2 games and keep his job, but I know I'll be a big Mizzou and Free Shoes fan until we get there.

6 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

One week after suffering the worst loss of his 13-year head coaching career, Florida’s Dan Mullen suffered his worst win.
    I guess they didn't look at his entire 13 years game by game, because that South Alabama loss at home was way worse than losing to South Carolina.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

You hate to see it

12 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

Who is Strickland?

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

It's not often a win is the final nail in the coffin, but it's hard to see Mullen surviving this.

There will probably be more people at the Air Port when he leaves than there was when he arrived four years ago.

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    It's not often a win is the final nail in the coffin, but it's hard to see Mullen surviving this.
    Only Danny Boy could have gotten himself into that. Most coaches would not get fired in this situation, I mean Muschump survived 4-8. But he's literally just said all the wrong things at every outset. If he'd just slightly tried to be less of an asshole....

6 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Forgive Tbay. Not an actual sports fan, just a media bot that shares sports adjacent links on the board.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Likes Custom Titles CochiseCowbell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Who is Strickland?
    He owns a Propane company in Texas.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

So Merlinz gets off the plane doing his cheesy gaytor chomp, but most notable is Megan kissing Stricklin on the lips. I understand that's how she greets most everyone.
    I've polished a seat in every SEC football stadium with my butt.

Buck Strickland, head honcho in UF AD

There’s another person in that video that may need to be worried about their job.

Did she and Billy B divorce after all of that?

Dan is finding out that State fans had way more patience for his occasional failures. Inexplicable recruiting misses, losing winnable games, clock mismanagement, and finishing last in the conference etc.

I don't know what Florida thought they were getting. Dan Mullen is an average coach with one great season aided by a 2x Pro-Bowl quarterback.

As more time passes, and the adrenaline of 2014 fades, we should be more and more disappointed with how Dan finished that season. A better coach wins the Alabama game and makes the playoffs.

Dan rode the rising tide of SEC dominance to an average of 7.6 wins a season. And despite all of this, he enjoyed endless good will from State fans which he repaid by leaving before the end of the 2017 season.

I will enjoy watching him leave Florida in disgrace with Strickland not far behind.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Lol, that's great. He's shaking hands with 8 cheerleaders who were forced to be there.

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgESQ View Post
    Dan is finding out that State fans had way more patience for his occasional failures. Inexplicable recruiting misses, losing winnable games, clock mismanagement, and finishing last in the conference etc.

I don't know what Florida thought they were getting. Dan Mullen is an average coach with one great season aided by a 2x Pro-Bowl quarterback.

As more time passes, and the adrenaline of 2014 fades, we should be more and more disappointed with how Dan finished that season. A better coach wins the Alabama game and makes the playoffs.

Dan rode the rising tide of SEC dominance to an average of 7.6 wins a season. And despite all of this, he enjoyed endless good will from State fans which he repaid by leaving before the end of the 2017 season.

I will enjoy watching him leave Florida in disgrace with Strickland not far behind.
    Yep. It's like he just never put on his big boy pants. That was fine for us (for a little while), but it was even wearing thin on our fanbase at the end.

He needed to step up into the head coach role, not just the offensive micro-manager role who handled the rest. It would have helped recruiting too. He's trying to do that now (forced), but you can tell it's too little too late. I mean his desperate firings were the wrong guys.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

"Please clap"

Strick may get it before Mullen . The ladies abuse thing and his lack of action is closing on him fast

This. And being expedited by a bad football team on top of the political issue their admin has stepped in recently.

Found a photo of Strickland:

Name:  Buck_Strickland.jpg
Views: 2630
Size:  23.6 KB
    -VH

The line about Samford losing to UT Chattanooga brought this to mind (sorry, can't embed).....

https://twitter.com/i/status/802680204690919424
    "Enjoy every sandwich" - Warren Zevon

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Uh oh - they are coming after Strickin. He is about to be gone. I guess they didn't want him hiring the next coach.

https://www.alligator.org/article/20...newbauer-abuse
    Last edited by dawgstudent; 11-15-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    When there is a strange coincidence to timing of certain articles coming out, it usually means the wheels are in motion.

that's always been my point... Did we actually 'UNDER' achieve with Dak due to Dan Mullen Mullen may have taken a TE and turned him into a QB but if we had opened up the offense like we now know Dak can do... what would that season have looked like? The a**hole puckering in the UK and Ark games of play calling are what comes to mind... Beyond the Alabama, Ole MIss and GaTech jokes...

Name:  HilariousInnocentJerboa-max-1mb.gif
Views: 2153
Size:  833.3 KB

Couldn't happen to 2 nicer guys.
    Last edited by HumpDawgy; 11-15-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Toag View Post
    Only Danny Boy could have gotten himself into that. Most coaches would not get fired in this situation, I mean Muschump survived 4-8. But he's literally just said all the wrong things at every outset. If he'd just slightly tried to be less of an asshole....
    I think him showing up to the press conference as Darth Vader was his attempt at trying to not be an ass hole. I really don't think he knows how to not rub people the wrong way. I think he's actually a decent enough guy but he's a yankee ass hole in the south.

I'm sure the coach is a real problem. What I can't understand is why the mom and daughter would be upset and try to get Florida to force coach to give her another year? Why would you want to be in a toxic culture for even longer?

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOATLDAWG View Post
    that's always been my point... Did we actually 'UNDER' achieve with Dak due to Dan Mullen Mullen may have taken a TE and turned him into a QB but if we had opened up the offense like we now know Dak can do... what would that season have looked like? The a**hole puckering in the UK and Ark games of play calling are what comes to mind... Beyond the Alabama, Ole MIss and GaTech jokes...
    I think generally, he did a good job that year on-field. Every team has down games. He even did alright against Bama to me, Dak just had an off game and we got down early. That loss deflated us, and by the time the Egg Bowl game around, we were just about out of playoff contention and Collins had checked out thinking about Florida. And by the Orange Bowl, nobody really cared due to the disappointment of the season.

Like always though, his biggest failure was recruiting leading up to that year. Missing all those guys in the 2011 signing class hurt, and bit us in the form of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee'sSocks View Post
    Forgive Tbay. Not an actual sports fan, just a media bot that shares sports adjacent links on the board.
    Don't forget about his ice-poverty.

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson86-1 View Post
    I think him showing up to the press conference as Darth Vader was his attempt at trying to not be an ass hole. I really don't think he knows how to not rub people the wrong way. I think he's actually a decent enough guy but he's a yankee ass hole in the south.
    Honestly I'd just lean into it if I was him. It's who he is. He looks stupid trying to pacify the mob (reminds me of a lot of politicians).

I mean let's be real, he was never a good fit at Florida. His offense doesn't really fit their players, and he's not willing to recruit better players like Urban, so that means something. So, most all of the things they are jumping on him about lead back to that. His comment about recruiting wasn't even that bad, and they all know it, they just want ammunition.

But he made his decision, so he can deal with it. He should just go to Syracuse or similar, or the NFL.

How funny would it be if USM was open and he took it? Then MSU would become that school up north.

I agree with you for the most part... Dak definitely had a bad game against Alabama... but ... the worst was the playcalling on the first 2 drives of that game. it was complete garbage. By that point, we never again had the ball and were within ONE possession..

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsOnTheWing View Post
    The line about Samford losing to UT Chattanooga brought this to mind (sorry, can't embed).....

https://twitter.com/i/status/802680204690919424
    nm

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    Uh oh - they are coming after Strickin. He is about to be gone. I guess they didn't want him hiring the next coach.

https://www.alligator.org/article/20...newbauer-abuse
    Bye Strick

Twitter
    @the_LanceLayton
    I'm sure there's some Sun-Belt schools that need a re-tread AD somewhere.
    Hail State!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueMaroonGrind View Post
    How funny would it be if USM was open and he took it? Then MSU would become that school up north.
    Strickland supposedly went to Florida to have a inside track to becoming the SEC Commissioner. What would be funny is if Cohen ended up in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee'sSocks View Post
    Get Richard out of your mouth or arse. Maybe both!
    "We urge President Biden to move at warp speed to create a vaccine to address our emerging Amnesia virus that has infected politicians, organizations and individuals who are now claiming they never advocated to defund the police, they just wanted to re-imagine policing," Craig Lally

I was a big supporter of Dan but his attitude is going to get him fired down there. Basically giving the finger to the fans and media not politicking and saying what he should.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryDawg View Post
    There will probably be more people at the Air Port when he leaves than there was when he arrived four years ago.

Jeez…that video is rough. It’s like he sees there is no crowd and there is a look in his eyes of concern. He knew.