Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    If the transfer porter existed before 2014 would we have beaten LSU that year?

    Dak Prescott
    Josh Robinson
    Dillon Day.

    All three originally overlooked by LSU in their home state. Would they still have been in Starkville in 2014? Would they have been on LSUís team in 2014?

    We are certainly entering a different world and playing field in college football in this day in age.


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  2. #2
    Who have we lost in the portal that was worth a crap and taken on by LSU?


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Who have we lost in the portal that was worth a crap and taken on by LSU?
    no one in 2014 or before it didnít exit. Since it has existed, who have we had in our roster from Louisiana that LSU would have wanted?


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  4. #4
    Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldoghair View Post
    Dak Prescott
    Josh Robinson
    Dillon Day.

    All three originally overlooked by LSU in their home state. Would they still have been in Starkville in 2014? Would they have been on LSUís team in 2014?

    We are certainly entering a different world and playing field in college football in this day in age.
    None of them were stars before 2014, so no, LSU wouldnít have poached them.

    Dak turned down the NFL, so he wouldnít have left.

    Robinson left anyway, so who cares.

    Day was a senior.

    So basically nothing has changed. Stop freaking out.


    1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  5. #5
    Not freaking out. Itís just a thought.


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  6. #6
    Are we losing players to LSU right now? No, the vast majority of transfer portal movement seems to be in the downward direction as far as prestige goes.

    The better question is whether we would have beaten Alabama by picking up a few 4 stars from the bigger schools who didn't want to sit on the bench anymore.


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  7. #7
    Most of the people hitting the transfer portal are doing so to get more playing time or a better deal. Why would someone who could start at Mississippi State transfer to a school with much tougher competition to get the starting job?


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  8. #8
    The portal so far has been a net positive for us. But with the portal, immediate eligibility, and NIL, it's not hard to see a very near future where top players at middle tier schools (like MSU) can make a lot more money and compete for a national championship by transferring to a Bama, Georgia, or Ohio St.


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  9. #9
    The point is that all three of those guys could have been starting at LSU in 2014. We havenít had anyone from Louisiana that could have started at LSU since the portal started.


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldoghair View Post
    The point is that all three of those guys could have been starting at LSU in 2014. We haven’t had anyone from Louisiana that could have started at LSU since the portal started.
    I mean, sure they could have. But much more likely is that we would have stocked our roster with a few castoffs from LSU, Alabama, Georgia, etc., and closed the gap.

    Also, Day was a senior in 2014 and could have grad transfered to LSU without sitting out under the rules already in place. I'm not sure if Dak had his degree yet for the 2014 season, but he definitely did before the 2015 season and could have transferred anywhere without sitting out and didn't.


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by QuaoarsKing View Post
    I mean, sure they could have. But much more likely is that we would have stocked our roster with a few castoffs from LSU, Alabama, Georgia, etc., and closed the gap.

    Also, Day was a senior in 2014 and could have grad transfered to LSU without sitting out under the rules already in place. I'm not sure if Dak had his degree yet for the 2014 season, but he definitely did before the 2015 season and could have transferred anywhere without sitting out and didn't.
    Thatís fair enough and most probable. But adding the new NIL and things may be different.


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  12. #12
    Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    The portal so far has been a net positive for us. But with the portal, immediate eligibility, and NIL, it's not hard to see a very near future where top players at middle tier schools (like MSU) can make a lot more money and compete for a national championship by transferring to a Bama, Georgia, or Ohio St.
    I think youíll find that itís not that easy to give up a starting position in a system where youíre obviously succeeding.

    There will also come a time where the same 3-4 teams are not dominating.


    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

  13. #13
    mcdawg22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, Fl
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldoghair View Post
    Dak Prescott
    Josh Robinson
    Dillon Day.

    All three originally overlooked by LSU in their home state. Would they still have been in Starkville in 2014? Would they have been on LSUís team in 2014?

    We are certainly entering a different world and playing field in college football in this day in age.
    Dak was a dual QB, LSU was still recruiting Pro style. Dillon Day wouldnít even be on their radar and he seems like the kind of guy that loved State and would stick it through coke hell or high water. So, a RB with barely any stats is going to be courted by a team that has freshman Leonard Fournette. Okay.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors






Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.