This seems relevant - New NCAA Constitution Signed

Emmert called it a “declaration of independence”. Seems like it could have big benefits for baseball. Sounds like the power structure is moving to the conferences at the D1 level.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/2...ive-convention

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Liberty | Liberty Bowl Yes | No

Mark Emmert being the spokesman for this "new nation" is akin to the U.S. Constitution being written by King George III.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

My favorite part of that article is where it referred to the Big 12 as a “so-called” Power 5 conference.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Conferences have more power means a lot for sure. I can't see anyone getting an advantage over the SEC in the sports it cares about but I can see the SEC gaining an advantage that only money can buy.

I heard some network execs saying the idea of getting rid of the conference names and replacing them with the name of TV networks is being kicked around. Ex/ SEC could become the ESPN Conference. This would obviously create more branding for the networks and remove the "stigma" of geography mattering. Money talks.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by aTotal360 View Post
    I heard some network execs saying the idea of getting rid of the conference names and replacing them with the name of TV networks is being kicked around. Ex/ SEC could become the ESPN Conference. This would obviously create more branding for the networks and remove the "stigma" of geography mattering. Money talks.
    No way in hell. SEC wouldnt give up their power to bid out TV deals. It has been too lucrative this past decade...