Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Was it worth it to bring in a kid similar to the kid they've got? Because Altmeyer is probably out the door now and Dart is no better really. OM overpaid.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    MSU 2021 | MSU 2022 Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by coach66 View Post
    Ass back to your Ole Miss board and stay there. Your back rubbing is getting old. Of course you probably arenít on any Ole Miss boards because you spend all your time here slowly stirring.
    Ive posted here like 5 times in two months, but go off. Maybe itíll deflect from you not acknowledging the awesome contradiction between your posts.
    Non-Servant Heart Haver

0 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordrebel22 View Post
    Ive posted here like 5 times in two months, but go off. Maybe itíll deflect from you not acknowledging the awesome contradiction between your posts.
    Five more times than anyone here wants to read. Go away

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

He has done well but itís time for him to go home.
    Jesus, some of you take this stuff too seriously. Do you honestly think I have some ďmissionĒ here? Itís impossible with some of you. If Iím a complete asshole, you obviously are gonna hate me and ban me (rightfully so), and if I actually try to be fair and complimentary of MSU out of respect to you all, Iím ďon a missionĒ.

I promise, I have no mission. This board has some good posters which I enjoy interacting with. Iím an Ole Miss fan. Thatís the end of the mission. Take a Xanax.
    Non-Servant Heart Haver

1 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Youíre trying too hard could be a hard landing.

Doublenaught shithead
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Was it worth it to bring in a kid similar to the kid they've got? Because Altmeyer is probably out the door now and Dart is no better really. OM overpaid.

Always flash over substance. It's the OM way

All very fair. I agree. Heís got talent, thatís apparent if you watch him. So my hope, as a very biased fan, is that with Kiffinís QB track record it works out. But itís far from a sure thing. And roster turnover like this can lead to a confusing locker room dynamic.

I also agree on the schedule. But the thing about it thatís not being discussed much is that Ole Miss could easily start 6-0 and finish 8-4, and if you finish 2-4 in your last 6 with a home loss in Egg Bowl, the momentum is very different than a normal 8-4. Playing all 6 SEC West teams in last 6 games sucks. But on the flip side, it gives them a chance early to play through transfer growing pains, and still win games, and possibly go into that stretch ranked in Top 20, if they donít shit the bed.
    Nobody cares. G17Y. Ole Miss celebrates second place like no one else. Confederate memorial, SEC West Champ Banner, etc, etc.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    If Iím a complete asshole, you obviously are gonna hate me and ban me (rightfully so)
    You said it and we agreed. Bye.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

It's always worth it to bring in a player who can at least compete for a starting job. And I disagree about Altmeyer. I have no idea if he stays or transfers out, but I'll be shocked if he starts over the transfer. I've seen him in high school and college, and I'm not impressed.

There is zero chance any school will get in trouble for offering extra benefits now. The only way this doesnít end well is if the constant flow in and out results in bad team chemistry at some point or a miss on a critical transfer.

22 what do you expect from a fan base who has been hoping and praying Lane would depart OM who now fear he is building a program? some of these guys have been touting their portal prowess and they are shocked to discover this afternoon msu is 25 spots behnd the mustard buzzards in the portal ranking, and (only) 50 spots behind their arch rival. these folks are scared, immature, and in shock as they see the writing on the wall so they act out childishly. these guys don't know embarassment--hell they are state fans, its the best they got.

oh you mfers care--the panic is obvious.

I donít know if Iíd call it panic. It was fun knowing ole miss had not one decent QB on its roster and the prospect of that was fun. No matter what dart does, heís not Matt corral good - he just wonít be.

The doesnít end well comment was meant for

Us. Weíve got to get aggressive.

grime my comments were directed at the guys who were shi**ing on 22. 22 is football smart, knows rebel football inside/out, and makes a sincere effort to to come to your board for legitimate informed discussion and occassioanly debate. he gets treated like sh*t by a significant part of your fan base despite his attempts at courteous dialogue. the tenor of the abuse directed toward 22 this afternoon is unseemly and uncalled for. some folks just don't know how to enjoy a rivalry in a good natured way as they are so damn immature-and need to grow the f up and put their hatred aside. though i post here very infrequently i get same vitriol form a segment of your fan base and it take all the fun out of it.

0 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Please ban this dip shit too. Good lord stay on

Your own boards, 22 sent you over here to take up for him, you need to get your ass out of here too.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Nm
    Yep....State always seems to be a day late and a dollar short
    "MAROON....WHITE....BULLDOG BLITZ..."

A quick count 20+ posts in January

Not sayin'....just sayin'....
    "MAROON....WHITE....BULLDOG BLITZ..."

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    It's always worth it to bring in a player who can at least compete for a starting job. And I disagree about Altmeyer. I have no idea if he stays or transfers out, but I'll be shocked if he starts over the transfer. I've seen him in high school and college, and I'm not impressed.
    I thought he showed some potential in their bowl game, but he didn't look like he'd necessarily be ready next year. The USC QB showed he was at least serviceable, and presumably he'll have a good jump after the experience he got this year. Him having 3 years is something of a mixed blessing. You obviously want more time with a solid QB, but that probably ensured that Altmeyer would be transferring, which means they likely won't have an adequate backup next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dogeater View Post
    grime my comments were directed at the guys who were shi**ing on 22. 22 is football smart, knows rebel football inside/out, and makes a sincere effort to to come to your board for legitimate informed discussion and occassioanly debate. he gets treated like sh*t by a significant part of your fan base despite his attempts at courteous dialogue. the tenor of the abuse directed toward 22 this afternoon is unseemly and uncalled for. some folks just don't know how to enjoy a rivalry in a good natured way as they are so damn immature-and need to grow the f up and put their hatred aside. though i post here very infrequently i get same vitriol form a segment of your fan base and it take all the fun out of it.
    Lots of posters get treated like shit regardless of who they cheer for. I think 22 can read and knows that he is on an MSU board and will take some occasional shit. He's always been a big boy about it and can apparently handle it. If you are getting upset about it, the interwebz may not be for you.

dogeater bringing the "Leave Britney Alone!" vibes.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

WHOOP THAT TRICK

Bo Bounds keeps saying......

This shit is not going to end well

Bo Bounds keeps saying that OM put together a $1 million NIL deal to land these two. However, he has been saying that weeks and I have yet to hear or see evidence of that. Maybe OM did drop that kinda cash on those guys. However, I don't believe blue jeans and the boys and girls club of oxford are paying two guys $250K a year......or whatever Bo says the deal is.