Twitter
    @stephenedavis

OT: Wrestling Fans on the SixPack - The head of WWE changes.

McMan retires. Triple H is now the head of the WWE. No shit.

Do you think he might be able to revive/save the WWE for the old fans that had become bored with their product? He seemed to be making changes immediately to the show. Can he bring some life back to the product?

There's even take of changing the show back to the PG-14 rating and making things less scripted,

Path to 6-6 | All I see is 3 wins Yes | No

I do. Iíll admit I didnít watch wrestling from 2000ish to 2020. Hadad got me back into it by introducing me to AEW. I started watching a little WWE since the PPVs were on Peacock and even though that was supposed to be the highlights of the storylines I still fast forwarded through the shows. I watched the post SS raw a little and that was the first time I watched Raw since the attitude era. I donít know if the product will be immensely better, but HHH has my interest.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Yes and I think youíll see some people go from AEW back to WWE. Theyíll work for Triple H in a heartbeat. I see it only as a positive with him in charge.

It will be better with HHH but thatís not saying much. It had gotten pretty awful.

I am fascinated to see what impact it has on AEW. That company made its name by being an appealing alternative to jaded former WWE fans. If WWE steps up its game, do fans stop watching AEW? Does more AEW talent make the jump to WWE? Itís an interesting dynamic for sure. AEW is also at a pivotal point as they are up for a new TV deal soon and the Discovery/WB merger may not end up being in their best interest.

Yes. Itís already getting better. The last show Vince was in control over had only 13 minutes of wrestling. Now the talent is also given more freedom with their promos. To this point, Vince was scripting every word.

I too think some AEW talent will eventually jump ship.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    It will be better with HHH but thatís not saying much. It had gotten pretty awful.

I am fascinated to see what impact it has on AEW. That company made its name by being an appealing alternative to jaded former WWE fans. If WWE steps up its game, do fans stop watching AEW? Does more AEW talent make the jump to WWE? Itís an interesting dynamic for sure. AEW is also at a pivotal point as they are up for a new TV deal soon and the Discovery/WB merger may not end up being in their best interest.
    This is what I'm afraid. Triple H may make the product better but you have to have the talent there for it to get back to some of the levels we were enjoying in the late 90s and early 2000s. Is there another Rock or Stone Cold in their talent pool that just needs the room to grow into something new?

IMO, MJF is the only potential Stone Cold or Rock out there. He's really young and his mic skills are the best in the business at this moment.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Geez I hope so. For whatever reason, WWE still has a ton of fans so I guess McMahon was doing something right, but they totally lost me after they got the initial bump from the WWF/WCW merger in 2002. I don't think there's any coincidence that wrestling was best in the late 90s due to the competition. I will always say Wrestlemania 18 was the pinnacle, as all the stars were there, and it's been downhill ever since with no one to challenge WWE. There's very few 'pops' anymore, just not the same, outside of a few big returns here and there.

Here's to hoping Triple H can get it back on the right track.

And making RAW 2 hours instead of 3 will help. It's been so watered down with crappy promos for the past 10 years.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

making things less scripted
    Is there ANYTHING in 'rasslin that's not scripted?
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

On one hand, I think fans need to temper their expectations because regardless of whoís in charge of WWE creative, itís a very different product today than it was 20-25 years ago. Itís reaching hundreds of millions of more people, and it isnít going to suddenly go back to DX shenanigans that kids canít watch.

On the other hand, not having blood or bra & panty matches isnít why WWE has sucked balls for over a decade. Itís sucked because Vince went from legendary pioneer to an indecisive, micromanaging nutcase. Scripted promos, an entire list of words that would get you fired if said on air, booking changes at the last minuteÖ he created both the best of times and the current shitshow.

I donít think weíre going back to the attitude era or possibly even ruthless aggression any time soon, but I do think HHH is going to make vast improvements to roster management, character appeal, and story telling. Iím looking forward to the changes, and all indications are that locker room morale is way up

Quote Originally Posted by aTotal360 View Post
    IMO, MJF is the only potential Stone Cold or Rock out there. He's really young and his mic skills are the best in the business at this moment.
    I agree, the best in all of wrestling. Thereís another young guy that I really like, but his name escapes me.