Hear Ye! Hear Ye!!! Cream Talk by Stallion - Week 3

Good Sunday Six Pack fans::

For those of you that heard that the earth shook yesterday. That wasn't the earth. Actually, it was the CREAM moving. There were a couple of reason for earthlike shaking of the cream. The first one that probably comes to mind to most of the readers was due to something that was heavily stirred at the bottom of the cream pot. This has to do with your beloved Bulldogs digging deep in the trenches and mustering up a TD to defeat the once proud and currently proud cellar dwellars, the Vanderbilt Commodores.

The second reason for the cream shake, was indirectly related to the SEC. Remember those pathetic Washington Huskies that gave the Stallion's beloved Tiiigaaahhhs fits. Yes the same team that lost 15 straight. Well they open a northwest rainy can of whoop ass on the media darlings of the country to give Pete Carroll another PAC-10 loss that will most likely eliminate the Trojans from the national championship hunt. Does this make the Tigers seem better than they really are. See this week's rankings for evidence.

The cream crystal ball can be much of a historian when telling the Stallion the future. Just like every year, USC will massacre the rest of the competition in that sorry conference they play in, and the Stallion, as well as the rest of the college football fan base, will have to hear Mark May discuss his man love for the Trojans and how they deserve a shot at the National Championship with one loss. Of course, USC will not make it because of that loss and then they will whip up on a pathetic unathletic, uninspiring Conference USA….I mean, Big 10 team in the Rose Bowl and we will have to again hear Mark May say I told you so. One thing is for certain USC and Cream do not mix.

And with all that going on, the Stallion, who earlier predicted Tennessee to be the surprise team of the SEC got a little respect back from the Stallion yesterday against Florida. Tebow kicking the Vols' butt ends, but the soap opera lives on. Hail to Kiffen vs. Meyer!!! The Stallion loves the coaching rivalries in the SEC.

And now the much anticipated Week 3 Cream Rankings:

1)
    Florida - Could there be a crack in that armor?
    2)
    Alabama - North Texas got a less on on why it should never ever play an SEC team. But why does saban still have veins popping out of his forehead even when he plays teams from the Sun Belt. I call that vein the "ULM scar".
    3)
    Ole Miss - Another huge win for Rebel nation. Houston Nutt is proud to conquer the kids from 13th grade university.
    4) LSU - The Stallion wants to believe, but the lack of any confident running attack and the inconsistency of Jordan Jefferson is still leaving doubt in the eyes of the beholder. Beware - the dawg is lurking.
    5) Auburn - No one is rising faster up the cream rankings than the Auburn Tigers. They handled a tough West Virginia team and appear to be for real. Tubby is scratching his head wondering what the hell he did wrong.
    6) Georgia - The SEC's version of SWAC football.
    7) Arkansas - Big loss at home has the Stallion wondering if Petrino is turning Arkansas into Louisville. If I recall correctly, they didn't have much of a defense either.
    Kentucky - Squeezes a big win against its in-state rival and then every husband made sure their wife was 100 feet away from Pitino.
    9)
    South Carolina- Played some irrelevant team from the Sun Belt. And if you are irrelevant in the Sun Belt, then you are atrocious.
    10) Tennessee - Defense is for real, but Screech needs to replace Crompton in the very worst way. It's time to think about the future.
    11)
    Miss. State - Look out - here come the Dawgs.
    12) Vanderbilt - Your once…twice… three times back in last place. Poor Coach BJ. At least he knows he is secure until death now as the coach of Vanderbilt.

Hot Boudin - Washington Huskies - first time ever to give it to a team outside the SEC, but the Stallion loved it. Honorable mention does go to the Miss. State Bulldogs for getting Mullen his first SEC victory. How sweet both wins are!!!

Cold Couscous - Arkansas - Petrino's time to make a strong statement in a deep division failed. To lose this game at home is not what the Hog nation ordered.

And now for the season' s third nominee for the Jarrett Lee Award sponsored by the GM Government Bailout Program. Pete Carroll - Petey boy, you are getting quite the reputation for screwing up national championship runs. I don't want to hear that it was because you have another 5-star freshman QB that had to play. Your team is loaded with 5-star talent and yet you can't run the table in that sorry conference called the PAC-10. Enjoy Pasadena big boy!!!

I know Tiger fans had to loved that -- they still talk about the '03 split national championship.

impressive edit bump

but I agree with you.

Edit was completely legit...left out the word CREAM of all words to leave out

year but for future reference thought you might want to know......Champion Ship is something out of the "America's Cup"...........

I think UT and SC should be 7 & 8 respectively while admitting when you get to that level in our conference nobody really gives a shit.

Don't think Auburn is 5. WV absolutely gave the game to them.They will finish 4th in west at best.

nt

How is Tennessee 10th? They gave the best team in a college football a pretty strong test.

Is MSU-LSU a trap game for LSU? LSU always throttles MSU. But LSU is having as much of a down year talent-wise as they ever have and LSU is the least good of all the strong teams MSU plays this year. This game against an LSU team higher on confidence than talent (though still very talented) is as good of a chance as Mullen has to pull off a big upset.

Not sayin its likely. Just the best shot MSU has this year. Except maybe Ole Miss which is usually a crap shoot regardless.

what makes up the best conference in the country.

you are going to critique grammar on here it would be a full time job for this board. I will make the correction.

other than Crompton, then I would have no problem placing them around Arkansas.

The QB is killing them. They are so limited offensively anyone can beat them.

LSU could lose to State for several reasons. I think athletically they should roll State, but LSU has not proven they can run the ball effectively and pass consistently. They have big play potential which I think will win the game and could make it ugly if they aren't looking ahead. I wouldn't bet the mortgage on State to win the game, which is obvious to anyone on the board.

nm

Bama is starting to look like LSU from 2003. I would rank them over the Gators right now. The Gators look mortal without Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy and Andre Debose. I think Monte Kiffin showed how to defend them this year.

No way LSU loses to State this year. Jefferson will have a career day throwing the ball.

I am starting to wonder how we beat UW up there.
    As far as Bama is concerned, what are you basing this on? The fact that they beat N. Texas like a drum? The fact that they strugged against Fla. International for 3 quarters doesn't convince me. Florida is No. 1 by a long shot. Tennessee had a lot of respect to gain after humiliating themselves aGAIN against UCLA.

LSU beat UW because Locker made a couple of mistakes, one being a pick-6. Locker played almost a perfect game against USC yesterday, and USC has no passing offense this year. I guarantee USC loses another game or two in the Pac-10 this year. Pac-10 is wide open this year.

I think Florida will lose a game or two this year as well They are going to struggle to throw the ball deep, and teams are going to stack the line. South Carolina, LSU, Arkansas, Georgia and FSU will be very tough games for them.

Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Auburn. Until I see a few more competitive games I'm not making a move. Not to mention it sounds like UF was coming down with the flu.

I thought the cream ranking was based on weekly performance, not just a reflection of the national poll. I guarantee you that UCLA will be at the middle of the Pac-10 by the end of the year. You'll see that Florida is not as good as the team they had last year. Bama is as good or better than last year.

has it about right actually. Auburn should be ahead of UGA. Giving them way too much credit. Of course, the AP poll doesn't go all the way down to the bottom of the cream rankings.

You need to stop challenging the cream crystal ball. It's never been wrong.

I am going to put together a computer version of the cream rankings. It will have the same ridiculous criteria that you use, except I will remove that "arbitrary" component that infects your poll!

the people want the Stallion. Only geeks want computers.

Stop changing them week to week and it would be a much better read overall.

and glad you enjoy the talk