Pack Mentality: Websites worth bookmarking.

I know we did "websites you check every day" not too long ago, but this is a little different. For those of us that feel like we have reached the end of the internet, it might be good to check out some new sites. I hope this will be a good archive of websites with great deals, great how-to websites, etc.

I will get the obvious selections out of the way: Sixpackspeak.com, ESPN.com, Genespage.com, bulldawgjunction.com, MStateAthletics.com, clarionledger.com

Here are some of mine:
    www.gameday.msstate.edu/webcam.php
    sporcle.com - for wasting time
    wolframalpha.com - hard to explain this site, but it is pretty cool
    kayak.com - for flights
    kiplinger.com
    getrichslowly.com
    My fantasy baseball sites - fangraphs.com, mlbtraderumors.com, razzball.com, rototimes.com, cbssportsline.com
    barstoolsports.com
    woot.com
    monoprice.com - never buy HDMI cables (or any other electronics cables) anywhere else for the rest of your life
    tripadvisor.com

I know we did "websites you check every day" not too long ago, but this is a little different. For those of us that feel like we have reached the end of the internet, it might be good to check out some new sites. I hope this will be a good archive of websites with great deals, great how-to websites, etc.

I will get the obvious selections out of the way: Sixpackspeak.com, ESPN.com, Genespage.com, bulldawgjunction.com, MStateAthletics.com, clarionledger.com

Here are some of mine:
    www.gameday.msstate.edu/webcam.php
    sporcle.com - for wasting time
    wolframalpha.com - hard to explain this site, but it is pretty cool
    kayak.com - for flights
    kiplinger.com
    getrichslowly.com
    My fantasy baseball sites - fangraphs.com, mlbtraderumors.com, razzball.com, rototimes.com, cbssportsline.com
    barstoolsports.com
    woot.com
    monoprice.com - never buy HDMI cables (or any other electronics cables) anywhere else for the rest of your life
    tripadvisor.com

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

/

For soccer fans, theoffside.com is good.

Kayak's iPad app iswell donetoo.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

bugmenot.com - if a website requires an email and password to login - you can try to get one here. I haven't gone to this site in about 2 years but used to use it a lot.

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm - College Football TV schedule

Collection of all the message boards for all the D-1 schools in the country.

I stumbled across this site last month. It is a must if you want to use priceline to get cheap prices for great hotels. I booked Marriott Union Station in St. Louis for $60/night. I then looked up the rates through the hotel for the same nights I'm there... $179/night. It shows you how to make multiple bids in one setting and still get a 4 star hotel in a specific area. Great site.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

I need to check to see if there are any new SEC boards.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

got this hotel for $90/night.

http://hotelblake.com

You get the most value in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by AzzurriDawg4
    Try firefold.com. They beat the prices on monoprice. I've bought from them before.

You can see the digital degradation in monoprice cables. I used a scope and saw the rise times for bit transitions was longer by 1.8ps for monoprice cables vs. Monster.

Drudgereport.com for News
    nems360.com/pages/insidemississippistatesports for MSU Sports (Brad Locke blog)

I'd have to go with:

www.slashfilm.com - It's a pretty solid blog-style roundup of the latest geek/indie film news w/ review and such.
    bighollywood.breitbart.com - Another blog-style roundup of news/opinion on the entertainment industry from a conservative viewpoint.
    www.dailycaller.com - the Right's answer to HuffPo.
    www.teamspeedkills.com - SBNation's SEC blog. I'm kinda over fan blogs, but this one skims the blogosphere for the best stuff. Has interesting analysis of every team in the league.

like this, and this that suggest Monster Cables aren't worth the money.

Great price for that location, DS.

Everybody should tag instead. I use Delicious.

Its nice to have "bookmarks" that stay synch'd on all the computers I use.

and can't tell any difference at all. I've never tried a monster cable but I also won't pay that much for an hdmi now.

Here's the thing: digital cables, by definition, have no signal loss. A cable is either digital or it's not. As long as its built to HDMI standards, the only difference between a "fancy" digital cable and a no-name one is the price.
    I am not a tech expert, but I have heard for years that Monster cables are one of the biggest rip-offs in consumer america.

Monoprice also has about every kind of connector you could ask for. I bought one of the Famous Maker (HP) refurb monitors on woot a couple months ago. It only had HDMI and VGA while my video card had DVI. I got an adapter and a cable for less than $10.

Twitter
    @fishwater99

can't miss: lemonparty, meatspinners

to trick you into going to two horrible websites. Trust me, don't google those sites.

nm

My favorite website.