Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Pack Mentality: Your favorite place to have your favorite drink..

Quote Originally Posted by saltslugs
    I find the history of Starkville's bar scene to be shockingly interesting.
    there are people now who dont know.. i just aged 10 years in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by saltslugs
    I find the history of Starkville's bar scene to be shockingly interesting.
    edited to include the subject header: Where was Flo and Eddie's?

nm

Remember Wednesday nights "Drinkin' with Lincoln" - $5 cover, penny pitchers and penny well drinks.

It was ridiculous how much you could drink at a bar in Starkville in the late 90s for less than 10 dollars.

While J. Clyde has a great beer list, it's my favorite place for my favorite drink only because it's the only place I know of that serves it.

From mid March to early August?
    Dos equis on any beach or a patio or balcony in a beachy town. Damn that whole bottle rule.

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by 8Dog
    and was shortlived. Before that it was a sports bar called Tobys or something like that. And before that I think it was the District Cafe.

Damn, I love that town.
    I haven't been back to Starkville much since the college days, but I think the Hotel Chester used tobe the Statehouse Hotel.

For a short period in around 1997-1998,The Statehouseopened the bar up to college kids and had some good drink specials one night a week. I loved the bar because it was small and posh.If I remember correctly, the staff wore a tuxedo type tie, white shirt, and pants. The clientel was Flo and Eddie'ish as opposed to Cheers and Rick's types.

It seems they gave up the college bar scene afterit got popular and students started burning their expensive carpet and antique furniture with cigs and such.

nm

with some bros of course.

Toby Nash's maybe? Also, what was the bar at the old Wal-Mart (not the Lowe's old Wal-Mart, but the bowling alley/hunt club old Wal-Mart)?
    Also, the outside bar at the Blue Marlin was a cool hangout (for the one summer or so they were open), plus they had some sort of hand grenade type drink that you only needed one.

This place was literally around for maybe a semester in 2000 or 01. All I remember is the 4 for 1.

Quote Originally Posted by AzzurriDawg4
    This place was literally around for maybe a semester in 2000 or 01. All I remember is the 4 for 1.
    The Statehouse was kickass for a little while though.

Like drinking nectar from heaven. I absolutely love that drink.

the bar in the old walmart lot at one time was called-four squires, then maybe mulligans-old school.
    favorite place to have a drink-in my shop, raining, listening to Jack, with a COLD natural light.

Under my tailgate tent with the tv running watching College Gameday and any game that's on with my Coor's Light or Gin and tonic whichever mood hits me.