Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!!! Cream Talk by Stallion - Week 8

but arent the Bears 3-4 right now (sarcasm).

Had a rare visit with a rational UM fan at our tailgate. His wife attended State. He did not think Masoli was worth all the work because according to him "It really upset the chemistry of the team". He said between Masoli coming in and division among the players over him and Cotton leaving the team was shakey early and the losses to JSU and Vandy really took it's toll. He said Nutt was trying to find a way to win 7-8 games and keep the momentum from the last two years going til he could get some players ready/in.

He also said he had written the UM admin to tell them that the Bear choice was a debacle and they should step up and say they made a mistake and would back up and look at this again later. He said $$$ had dried up and there was a huge amount of discord.

He said Masoli helped them stay in some games but in the long run would not be worth it.

Just curious b/c that makesa big difference in how I see bringing in Masoli (even if Cotton's not great, he's still a scholarship qb that's been in the system). If UM makes it to 6 wins, no brainer it was a good decision. If they're 5-7, maybe it would have been better to have Stanley play, although maybe would have just resulted in him being a sitting duck, and for recruiting 5-7 is still better than 3-9. If Cotton left b/c of Masoli being brought in, then I would say in hindsight, if you're not making it to a bowl regardless you'd rather keep your 4 star recruit on campus.

Yes I would because it saves a year of eligibility for Mackey. He will have two years to start after having two fall practices and one Spring in the offense.

Stanley is a decent QB but he isnt the future. Right now it is Mackey for two years followed by Mikhail Miller...unless we sign someone better (which I hope will happen).

I think the thing that is missed in this discussion is that Stanley might be in a full body cast after being behind this OL and Mackey wasnt ready. I definitely think Masoli was worth it.

there is apparent dissension and bad chemistry on a nutt coached team. I mean, there's just no precedent for that at all. Shocking.

[/pulls finger and farts]

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

How could you not take Masoli when you only have Stanley and Mackey? And the additional year of eligibility for Mackey is another plus.If Mackeyis good enoughto play, no way that giving him an extra year in the system helps the qb situation in the future. If he's not good enough to play, then that'seven more of a reason why you have to take Masoli.