Hear Ye! Hear Ye!!! Cream Talk by Stallion - Week 2

Good Sunday to the Sixpack!

Week 2 definitely had less surprises than Week 1 in the SEC, but I think we all can be thankful that we don’t play in the Football Bowl Subdivision, signed Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, Kansas and whoever else the Stallion doesn’t really care about. The Stallion only focuses on cream and those teams are nothing but crust.

The Stallion also had to do a lot of extra highlight watching this past weekend, because of a 90th birthday party for my wife’s grandmother that forced me out of action. And by action, I mean sitting my rear end on the couch a la Heydog6 and watch a plethora of SEC games. So I had to miss the epic faceoff in the Colesseum as the Spaniard led his troops into battle to play “the games for the people” against the Georgia Bulldogs. I also missed the Gators embarrassing first half against the directional Florida school.

However, there was plenty of action to be caught beginning last Thursday night. The Mulldawgs still have to find a way to close out football games to get over the proverbial hump to taste a micro-version of cream. It may be a good idea for State to research “Stick ‘em for the WRs instead of producing its famous cheese.

And of course, there’s Bama being freaking Bama. Another year of hearing how the Bear is looking down with a smile at Saban’s boys to see them dominate their opponents is upon us. Even the Stallion has to admit the cream already seems to be separating even though it’s a long season and it’s only Week 2.

So is this a year to see who yearns for the runner up? In the Cream theory, it’s completely irrelevant, but to the readers of the board, every ranking means something. The Stallion’s crystal ball is very fuzzy below Bama. In fact, the infrastructure that supports the cream has as many cracks in it as Vanderbilt’s coach, Robbie Caldwell’s office chair. So suffice it to say, there is much movement and volatility as the cream is being established.

And before I get into Week 2’s rankings, I wish all of my Bulldog fans a very safe trip down to Baton Rouge to experience what I am sure will be an awesome home opener. It should be electric. But I won’t “church” this game up any more than that. The Stallion fully anticipates a fired up Bulldog team to go into Tiger Stadium and compete. I can’t remember a year since the late 90s where the Stallion isn’t showing some signs of nerves. The Stallion believes it has a little to do with a coach that reminds him of Gomer Pyle – “Shazam” and a starting QB that is as decisive as the Stallion’s 2-year old at picking which flavor ice cream he wants.

And now for Week 3 rankings.

1)
    Alabama – As a buddy of mine pointed out, "Why does Joe Pa not wear a head set? Why doesn't hejust quit." The real reason why Joe Pa didn’t wear a head set while coaching is if you had to figure out how to stop a rolling ball of muscle at RB, you don’t need anyone from upstairs telling you to get your defense to gang tackle No. 3. Plus the humidity in Alabama in early September combined with wearing a tie and a head set is brutal when you are 105 years old.

2)
    South Carolina – And all this time, the Stallion thought Lattimore was nothing more than an R&B singer. And as the Spaniard QB fired up his troops, he said, “At my signal, unleash hell!!!”.

3)
    LSU – Is only one player from making a strong run at the cream. Unfortunately that player is the QB. Ouch!!!

4)
    Auburn – Cam Newton has a ton of potential. He reminds the Stallion of a faster, smarter, more accurate JaMarcus Russell in his first year. I guess saying it like that he doesn’t remind me of JaMarcus at all.

5)
    Arkansas – You struggle against the artist formerly known as Northeast Louisiana, you will struggle to stay close to Alabama in the Cream Rankings.

6)
    Florida – 5 turnovers override another very sloppy game for the Gators. The Stallion predicts another early retirement for Oscar Meyer.

7)
    Georgia – Does anyone else get a Crockett vibe when watching Richt coach. The Stallion probably just showed his age.

Mississippi State – Moves up one notch not showing the Stallion that they are dangerous and will upset a couple of the top seven this year to make a bowl.

9)
    Kentucky – No rhyme or reason for moving them up except they are 2-0 and taking care of business so far.

10)
    Tennessee – Played Oregon strong for 2.5 quarters, but the Stallion will again eat crow this week about the Vols. The lack of depth will hurt the Vols this year. I still think the Sixpack is wrong on Dooley though.

11)
    Ole Miss – You can bet your pants that Jacksonville State will be scheduling Tulane next year.

12)
    Vanderbilt – Best line of the whole night while watching this game – “Those punters will need an IV at halftime”. – Herm Edwards

Hot Boudin – South Carolina – Spurrier’s boys may finally be climbing to the peak after a big win that has haunted the “Ole Ball Coach” for years.

Cold Couscous – Tennessee – Yes Bubba and Lulu, your team was heavy underdogs to the Pac 10 favorite, but the reason why you are the laughing stock in Week 3 is that you were tied 13-13 in the 3rd quarter and managed to get embarrassed by 30 plus points by those pot-smoking, computer stealing, face-punching environmentalists from the NW. Embarrassing.

Love,

Stallion

a little tardy too.

Twitter
    @missouridawg3

Florida fall down spots for taking care of business against a better opponent than Vanderbilt, although looking inept during the win...

But LSU doesn't, even though they look just as inept as Florida, against a team worse than USF?

Take off those gay, mardi-gras, purple and yellow sun glasses.

I'm not predicting us to upset you guys or anything... but jesus, LSU is not the 3rd best team in the SEC. Auburn and Florida should both be ranked ahead of them at this point (as well as Bama and Cocks).

tusk

excluding Bama with the exception of QB. And I feel Jarrett Lee, if given the chance, will come in and distribute the ball to the best players on the field at WR. You can see that if you watch them. I'll admit Jordan Jefferson is stinking up the joint and as soon as Miles wakes up and gives Lee a shot to make some passes and evaluate, I think LSU will become more of a complete team.

Both teams have looked sloppy on offense. It's a toss up at this point.

for making such a blanket statement about the LSU talent level vs. the rest of the league.
    You are losing credibility by the second.

In fact, he's beyond awful. The fact that you're putting your faith in him says one thing: you've got blinders on. LSU is a good team with no QB. That spells 8-4 against your schedule.

LSU's defense is really strong. Drake Nevis, Kelvin Shepherd and Patrick Peterson are potential 1st Team All-Americans. They will equalize most any offense. LSU's WR corps as a group is as strong as any corp in the SEC, and LSU uses the TE well. I like the way Stevan Ridley is running the ball and if he can hold onto the ball, he's as good as any RB in the conference with the exception of Bama's backs and maybe Lattimore from S. Carolina.

J. Lee is a much better QB than he was during his glorious pick 6 year. JJ has been getting the love b/c he's considered the more athletic of the two, but his performance has been less than desirable. I am not saying that Jarrett Lee is the answer but he deserves a chance to be evaluated.

10-3 in the 4th quarter? Against Vandy, the team with the least cream?

That game was in doubt until Vandy self-destructed.

Although I was disappointed with JJ's performance, the rest of the team played well and took care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstefano
    In fact, he's beyond awful. The fact that you're putting your faith in him says one thing: you've got blinders on. LSU is a good team with no QB. That spells 8-4 against your schedule.
    Lee isnt very good, and now I think Jefferson is worse. LSU is a good football without a QB to lead them. And Miles does get the blame for that now because he signed Garrett and Lee. Signing a QB that is projected to be a top baseball draft pick is dumb. They are rarely going to turn down millions- you just cant do it.

They may get 9-3, but 8-4 is the most likely outcome because the QB is not going to be able to get it to their WR's enough to win a big game on the road

it was last year. I am not looking for a miracle worker at QB...just someone who can manage the game. LSU doesn't need a miracle worker at that position.

I think Miles is being real damn smart. He sees his QB's cant handle being the star of the show and is reeling all that shit Crowton has been doing back in. He is making them run the damn football, shortening the game, and trying to beat on people. All he needs to do is get the QB to make a few throws to keep the defense honest and get a few big plays.

You need to hope it's Lee, because it damn sure isnt Jefferson. I'd take my chances on Lee throwing some picks to be able to get the ball to the WR's. He has shown before that he can do that. If Jefferson plays the whole game vs us- I think it's anybody's game in the 4th quarter.

SixPack's Official Mortgage Lender

other Corndog know your WR's are as good as any other WR corp in the SEC when you don't have shit for a QB that has thrown them the ball? What you THINK you have is a nice collection of athletic talent out there that looks good running down field to a ball 20 feet over their heads. Geez...you suck at this..at least in terms of staying unbiased.

florida has better overall talent, and better QB and a much better coach....

...and yet you still rank them at 3rd and 6th and not 5-6 or 6-7?

"I think the want to play the best player and the want to play that player that you trust will play well is something every coach has, but the want to play the best player certainly overrides any natural bias."

- LSUSports.net Aug 30, 2010

Enough said.

read my cream talk.

ku

Dollabillz

A running team plays right into our strengths. Pass defense in my opinion is our weakness. I cringe every time a QB drops back to pass on us. So I hope LSU runs right at us Croom style.

Shogun of Harlem Optimus Prime 4's Avatar

LSU finishes 4th in the West....

Dollabillz

This post proves the doucheability of this guy.

Shogun of Harlem Optimus Prime 4's Avatar

I think Chizik is a grade A moron. It's funny how you are so damn paranoid that any post that could be taken as any slight towards your team freaks you out.

I don't think they're good. They'll probably beat us, but they're not good.

but they play Clempson, Georgia, Arkansas, and LSU at home...and thats a huge advantage...they win 9 minimum

Dollabillz

and other teams, who can you for sure say they will lose to? Alabama? Maybe a toss up between Georgia, Carolina, Clemson, LSU and Arkansas? That's 8 or 9 wins right now. And how is Gene Chizik a moron? By hiring great assistants and recruiters? By recruiting top 5 classes when your instate rival just won a national title?

Give me a break. You're stupid if you don't think Auburn is pretty damn good. Problem for you is, that means MSU may be pretty good as well. I hate Auburn. I want them to lose. But I'm just being real.

Oh, they'll probably beat you? Who cares. Alot of people are going to do that, and it really has nothing to do with this discussion.