Hear Ye! Hear Ye!!! Cream Talk by Stallion - Week 1

Top of the morning to the Pack:

Usually week 1 doesn’t have too much flux in it, because most of the SEC teams play nothing but patsies…except when you schedule the likes of the Jacksonville State Gamecocks of the world. Every team must ask themselves, how can you go out and schedule such a tough non-conference game to open the season like Jacksonville State? The Cocks’ track record speaks for itself. There is no way you should play a team with the caliber and firepower of a J’ville State. Are you kidding me? Not with the brutal SEC schedule that every team has to face. You go out and schedule a team like Jacksonville State…and to open the season with that powerhouse. The injuries that a team could face for the rest of the season when you face a juggernaut like Jacksonville State. The Stallion thinks he has made his point…Ole Miss is going to suck.

There were a lot of highly touted SEC teams this weekend that also didn’t fair too well on the gridiron. As the Stallion predicted on many fronts, Florida still has questions in the post-Tebow era. Jordan “Dyn-O-Mite” Jefferson is no better than he was in 2009. Auburn is severely overrated even though they had considerable more depth than Arky St.

And, the Stallion will eat crow this week for getting the Sixpack fans’ panties all ruffled up for predicting a No. 2 rating for his beloved Tiiigaaahhhs going into the season. The more the Stallion thinks about it, the more he realizes it’s not JJ’s fault. The Stallion just cannot stomach Les Miserable any longer. How can anyone expect to improve when you have the fourth Stooge coaching your team, and a complete imbecile as an offensive coordinator? Crowton, you cannot win when your offense is as complicated as astronomical physics, and your starting QB can’t pass a 4th grade literacy exam. You cannot look absolutely dominating in one half and get completely outcoached in the second half by a 2nd tier program like UNC. Something has to change…and it better be in a hurry!!!

Finally, the Stallion will give the Dawgs mad props!!! (Did the Stallion sound like Stuart Scott there? Booyea!) Although, it’s tough to say whether or not Memphis is any better than the Sisters of Mercy on the gridiron, it has been a long time since the Stallion has seen the “Mulldawgs” play with such confidence and swagger against a below average team and just absolutely take care of business. That’s a good sign of an improving program and the future looks bright for Starkville. If the Bullies can pull off a major upset against AuburnThursday night, the swagger will only grow and the trip to Baton Rouge in two weeks may make the Stallion’s mane rise a little.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, here are the Week 1 rankings.

1)
    Alabama – No Ingram. No problem. San Jose Gonzalez can now return back over the border.

2)
    Arkansas – No rhyme or reason to move Arky up for their performance against Tennessee Tech Institute for Lower Learning, but the teams ahead of them in the Cream showed some major question marks.

3)
    Florida – You may want to work on that shotgun thing in practice. Just a little tip from your Uncle Stallion.

4)
    LSU – A lot of firepower in the high-skilled positions, but if the Hatter and the rest of the coaching staff don’t get JJ and the secondary fixed, the only cream that we will see in Baton Rouge is in the back of Les Miles’ pants when he is fired.

5)
    South Carolina – The Spaniard looked very confident in his Thursday night lights performance. This could be the year Spurrier breaks through.

6)
    Georgia – Putting up huge numbers without AJ Green will build confidence for the Bulldogs.

7)
    Auburn – Stallion sees overrated written all over Auburn. A completely over matched Arky State team gives Cheezsticks a run for the money for nearly 3 quarters.

Mississippi State – From Maron to Maroon, the Dawgs are coming back! The two – QB tandem of Relf and Russell look to be formidable. Question is was the opponent formidable? Time will tell after Thursday.

9)
    Tennessee – Sixpackers, don’t underestimate young Double D as a coach.

10)
    Kentucky – Good win against the bitter rivals….makes for one helluva basketball matchup.

11)
    Jacksonville State – You’ve won the hearts of so many…plus your game made for some rather annoying calls from Dawgstudent asking me to give him a play by play when all I could hear were cowbells in the background.

12)
    Oly Moly – Are you kidding me? What an ending? Masoli or no Masoli – you embarrassed yourselves today Ole Miss.

13)
    Vanderbilt – You just keep on…keepin’ on. (if anyone has any info on this game to share, just keep it to yourself)

Hot Boudin – Jacksonville State – How does it feel to crack the Cream poll? Although you will not be in it next week, you won’t leave without a juicy long boudin to take with you. Great win for the program. You made Ryan Perriloux proud.

Cold Couscous – The Nutters. Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty, Who the hell are you, Flim Flam Bim Bam, Jacksonville State’s beeeotch by damn!!!

Love,
    Stallion

"Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty, Who the hell are you, Flim Flam Bim Bam, Jacksonville State’s beeeotch by damn!!!"

That's kind of catchy.

Nm

quit watching LSU in the 3rd quarter when they were up 30-10. I was on yahoo and saw the score, and ran back to the tv. The last 5 minutes of the game were terrible. Why in the hell would you pitch the ball when a hand off would have sufficed? I said to myself, "why are they pitching the ball straight back" then the fumble occured. I have no idea what is going through the OC's mind. It's like they were trying to lose the game.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

on 11 and 12. Vandy played Northwestern pretty tough.

Some people will never learn.

and you completely remove them from the scheme in the 2nd half, you are putting your team in jeopardy. Part of the problem is that LSU has a QB that is completely inept at times and can't get them the ball, but you can still run some wildcat or bubble screens or something simple. The defense started off like this last year against Washington, but I think they will improve personally. Nevis is a beast at nose guard. Give LSU's safeties some time to develop.

In regards to your play that you mentioned in your post, I would agree, but Ridley has to be coached that ball security is of upmost importance in that situation.He was holding that ball as if it were a hot potato.

LSU should have gone up 37-10 and penalty and a qb sack/intentional grounding knocked LSU out of FG range. Next play was the 97 yd TD pass by UNC and the comeback was on. Also LSU has multiple chances in the 1st quarter to begin the KO, but just didn't punch it in b/c of conservative play calling by Crowton to feel out the Tar Heels. Are you kidding me? You kill the animal immediately when they are wounded. Don't let them linger and get angry. Unreal!

Having said that, and looking back at the game this morning, LSU has a ton of talent on both sides of the ball which could really put the fear of God in other teams. And Patrick Peterson - holy cow is he awesome!!!

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

keep their thoughts to themselves on Vandy. They still suck. I bet Ole Miss beats them by at least 3 points.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

nm...but I bet Vandy would take care of biz against J-ville State.

good cream talk this week.......When does LSU start their coaching search ?

REBEL-NATION IS IMPLODING!!!!!!!

JJ's seems more accurate w/his down field passes

Brantley is no Tebow. UGA and SC look pretty good this year. This east is going to be tight race.

I like SC as my darkhorse this year actually. I feel as confident in the Spaniard at QB for SCas I do with JJ at QB for LSU. Let me see how they do against UGA first before I move them that far up.The Stallion does feel though that with the East being so wide open this year that Spurrier might finally breakthrough. But Southern Miss may be as weak as Memphis sonot sure how much of aquality win that is. You saw how the Spaniard reacted when USM brought pressure on the first couple of series of that game. Wait until he faces other SEC defenses.

LSU does have talent - Patrick Peterson is amazing, and you can'tput any stock intoUGA vs. ULL. i would say Miami (OH) = Southern Miss. So we will see.

nm

1) the SEC is wide open
    2) higher ranked teams looked bad against as weak or weaker opponents than USM
    3) SC looked very solid
    4) Unthinkable as SC may be to win the East, its not their fault that the Floridas and LSUs of the world stunk up the field on Saturday.