So you got to let me know

Should I stay or should I go?

Should I stay or should I go now?

Should I stay or should I go now?

If I go there will be trouble

An’ if I stay it will be double

So come on and let me know!

Should I stay or should I go?

I've gotten a bunch of emails wanting to know what I've heard about the Mullen rumors. My answer to all is..... I have no idea.

I'm not as dialed in as I've been in the past. Tell you the truth, I have resigned myself to dealing with this as long as Mullen is here and he is having some success.

I'd go nuts worrying about it, so I've taken the attitude that if he leaves, "well, hell it was fun." If he stays, I'll say " Good times, let's keep it going. I'll enjoy it while it lasts."

In talks with some people I respect in their reasonableness, I came up with my own theory this past summer about Mullen's future.

Let's be honest, he won't stay around very long for two reasons. One, he keeps winning and the big boys come calling. Two, he starts losing and gets fired. Looks more like option one now but you never know.

So who are the big boys?

Here is my list of schools that Mullen could leave for that would make sense.......

Bama
    LSU
    Auburn
    Georgia
    Florida
    Tennesse
    Fla. St.
    Miami
    Penn St.
    Michigan
    Ohio St.
    Notre Dame
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Nebraska
    Texas A&M
    USC

Out of those 17, 6 are in the SEC.

A couple of others that could be players....

UNC
    Clemson
    UCLA
    Oregon

So just say 15 schools out of the SEC. Of those 15 , maybe 5 will be looking in the next couple of years. Problem is Miami is already open and it is one of the 15.

Michigan may open up this year. But does Mich. want another spread guy, and one who has only 2 years as a HC? ( I would't be against swapping coaches if this unlikely event happened)

UNC may also open up. But does Dan really want to go to the mess they have?

So back to Miami. It's one of the dreaded 15 out of the SEC.

Pros-Recruiting hotbed, tradition of winning, location( there's a good reason Saddawg stays a few miles south of there as much as he can), good money.

Cons- 8-4 there will get your ass fired. You can make good money at State and 8-4 will make you very much loved. AND get you more offers.

So my advice to all is sit back and enjoy the trip for now. Mullen still is our coach as I type this. I'll worry when or if he leaves.

Unfortunately for us one of the 21 schools to worry about has an opening. It will be this way as long as one of those 21 has an opening.

If he stays, I suggest only worrying if one of the other 20 schools open up.

What's gonna be fun is if Miami hires someone else, and Michigan makes a change and convinces the Hatter to come back home.

Dominoes start falling and the shit can hit the fan quick.

So I'm listening to The Clash right now. Which is not bad because he is still here.

Will he stay or will he go?

Will He Stay Or Will He Go?

I think he stays. Our clever admin also save the
    announcement to butt in on a certain trophy presentation.

/wishful thinking