Well This Certainly Changes Things

As I type this Dan Mullen is still the coach at State. Question is will he still be when I finish typing it?

I want Mullen to stay, but I also want what is best for State. What would be the absolute best is Mullen to stay.

But if he leaves, what's best for State is for him to go quickly if he is going. State can't afford a 2 or 3 week period of limbo while Florida looks for a coach. We really can't afford a week. Florida has the luxury of taking their time. We don't. here's why......

Say Mullen takes the job a week from now or later. Recruiting will suffer badly in that time period of waiting. It will get worse when he takes it. Not only that but he will take Diaz, Balis, Heavesy , Wilson, and probably Kenoing with him.

That would leave us a staff of Hud, Hughes, and Smith with a bowl game to play a couple of weeks away.

Scott Stricklin needs to step up here. He has to ask Mullen "if offered are you gone?" If the answer is yes, then he has to say, " Let's call Foley and try to get you the job today so that we can get some folks in here to coach the bowl game."

Again, if this drags out it is the worst case scenario, even if Mullen stays, because recruiting will be at a stand still for State.

We need to know, one way or the other, by this weekend.

If we don't, it's very bad for us.

Don't let us die slowly. We need quick and decisive from Mullen. Either stay or go.

Also, the cooch on the left needs to lose some clothes.

Yeah, I am with both of you. Gut feeling...and that is all it is...is that he stays. But, let's get a jump on a worst case scenario. Who would we be going after in your opinion?