Vacation Complete

Sorry, but I've been on a little break.

After drinking the equivalent of The St. John River during our 4 day stay in Jax'ville, I headed up the coast to see some friends. I then flew to the homeland to collect some lease money from a bunch of deer hunting obsessed dudes with more money than brains. Can't believe that people pay that much to shoot a damn deer. Hell, they are everywhere.

I did go hog hunting, though. That's my kind of hunting. No rules, no limit, no sitting still. Just turn the dogs loose and start blasting. Any type gun, bow or bazooka you kind find. You can even bait 'em.

Outlaw hunting, that's more to my liking.

As far as the game, I'm sure it's been discussed to death. Good times laying the smack on a team like that.

Michigan must have felt like Ole Miss did back when they went to Jacksonville. Just a complete man handling by a vastly superior physical football team.

Well, I got a gumbo started for the crew coming tonight for the big game. I actually like cooking certain things, and a good seafood gumbo is my favorite to make. Sipping a Bloody Charlie with a little Ryan Bingham playing on the I-pod while doing it makes for a nice peaceful time before moving on to the hard stuff and hopefully a good game tonight.

Although this game is billed for the offenses, I've always said the team with the better defense wins. I'm gonna go with an SEC defense and say Auburn wins.

I'm still not sold that the Pac-10 plays defense very well.

Who you got? Kinda a tough choice this year.

Let's compare the two........................

vs

or

vs

Aubie in a close one.

Vacation Complete

Got a group going down to camp/kayak/fish in Ten Thousand Islands...we will be there first weekend in March. I am sure we will pick one of the cays on the exterior to chill/camp. Ever been? Any fishing or other tips for that time of year?

Vacation Complete

hungover bad after the bowl game Tues. and had a bunch of shit come up today.

Good area to fish. June is probably the best time to go. The snook heat up then. Invest in a guide and lot's of skeeter dope if you are gonna camp out. Lot's of bug dope even if you are not camping.

March is a hit and miss month. One day you are winter fishing, and
    the next day it’s summer. Of course, much depends on the weather; the
    colder the spring, the later this metamorphosis takes place, But it is
    a safe bet that in March, pompano, trout and sheepshead will
    take a back seat to snook, tarpon and sharks.

The big spring tarpon will begin to
    show up in the backcountry of the southern region . Expect the first fish to be caught down around Shark River,
    and then the action will move north. Broad River Bay and Tarpon Bay are better later in the month.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

Vacation Complete