Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

Holiday Inn Express of Starkville Preseason Prognosticators - Week 11 - Ole Miss

Welcome to Year IV, Volume XI of Preseason Prognosticators. You may either simply state the record of the team or go into detail concerning every game. Please put in the title of your post the overall record and SEC record (ex: 8-4 (4-4)).

This Week's Team is the Mississippi Rebels:

2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
    DATE OPPONENT
    8-30-08 MEMPHIS
    9-6-08 at Wake Forest
    9-13-08 SAMFORD
    9-20-08 VANDERBILT
    9-27-08 at Florida
    10-4-08 SOUTH CAROLINA
    10-18-08 at Alabama
    10-25-08 at Arkansas
    11-1-08 AUBURN
    11-15-08 LOUISIANA-MONROE
    11-22-08 at Louisiana State
    11-28-08 MISSISSIPPI STATE

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

Holiday Inn Express of Starkville Preseason Prognosticators - Week 11 - Ole Miss

Welcome to Year IV, Volume XI of Preseason Prognosticators. You may either simply state the record of the team or go into detail concerning every game. Please put in the title of your post the overall record and SEC record (ex: 8-4 (4-4)).

2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    DATE OPPONENT
    8-30-08 MEMPHIS
    9-6-08 at Wake Forest
    9-13-08 SAMFORD
    9-20-08 VANDERBILT
    9-27-08 at Florida
    10-4-08 SOUTH CAROLINA
    10-18-08 at Alabama
    10-25-08 at Arkansas
    11-1-08 AUBURN

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    DATE OPPONENT
    8-30-08 MEMPHIS
    9-6-08 at Wake Forest
    9-13-08 SAMFORD
    9-20-08 VANDERBILT
    9-27-08 at Florida
    10-4-08 SOUTH CAROLINA
    10-18-08 at Alabama
    10-25-08 at Arkansas
    11-1-08 AUBURN

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    DATE OPPONENT
    8-30-08 MEMPHIS
    9-6-08 at Wake Forest
    9-13-08 SAMFORD
    9-20-08 VANDERBILT
    9-27-08 at Florida
    10-4-08 SOUTH CAROLINA
    10-18-08 at Alabama
    10-25-08 at Arkansas
    11-1-08 AUBURN

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    DATE OPPONENT
    8-30-08 MEMPHIS
    9-6-08 at Wake Forest
    9-13-08 SAMFORD
    9-20-08 VANDERBILT
    9-27-08 at Florida
    10-4-08 SOUTH CAROLINA
    10-18-08 at Alabama
    10-25-08 at Arkansas
    11-1-08 AUBURN

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    DATE OPPONENT
    8-30-08 MEMPHIS
    9-6-08 at Wake Forest
    9-13-08 SAMFORD
    9-20-08 VANDERBILT
    9-27-08 at Florida
    10-4-08 SOUTH CAROLINA
    10-18-08 at Alabama
    10-25-08 at Arkansas
    11-1-08 AUBURN

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    DATE OPPONENT
    8-30-08 MEMPHIS
    9-6-08 at Wake Forest
    9-13-08 SAMFORD
    9-20-08 VANDERBILT
    9-27-08 at Florida
    10-4-08 SOUTH CAROLINA
    10-18-08 at Alabama
    10-25-08 at Arkansas
    11-1-08 AUBURN

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

W's - Memphis, Samford, Vandy, ULM

Toss-ups - USC, Arkansas, and State. I don't see them beating USC. Arkansas will play like a rivalry game so I give the edge to Arkansas @ home. And I won't pick aGAINST State in the Egg Bowl in the preseason.

nm

nm

2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    DATE OPPONENT
    8-30-08 MEMPHIS W
    9-6-08 at Wake Forest L
    9-13-08 SAMFORD W
    9-20-08 VANDERBILT W
    9-27-08 at Florida L
    10-4-08 SOUTH CAROLINA W
    10-18-08 at Alabama L
    10-25-08 at Arkansas L
    11-1-08 AUBURN L
    11-15-08 LOUISIANA-MONROE W
    11-22-08 at Louisiana State L
    11-28-08 MISSISSIPPI STATE L

I think they clip Vandy but remain the doorstep of the SEC. Go to hell Ole Miss.

I would have picked us better than 3 wins..... Honestly, I think 6 wins and a bowl game is quite plausible. I could see us winning as few as 4 and as many as 8, but either would be worst/best case scenario. We actually have some talent this year with all of the pices of the puzzle (if we can line them up). Who knows what will actually happen, though.

Y'all really are some haters.

MedReb wrote: _________________________________________________ I would have picked us better than 3 wins..... Honestly, I think 6 wins and a bowl game is quite plausible. I could see us winning as few as 4 and as many as 8, but either would be worst/best case scenario. We actually have some talent this year with all of the pices of the puzzle (if we can line them up). Who knows what will actually happen, though.

You must be smoking crack if you think yall can win 8 games next year.

YOU obviously don't know what will actually happen.

As far as respect for Ole Miss goes I have none and never will have any.

2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    DATE OPPONENT
    8-30-08 MEMPHIS W
    9-6-08 at Wake Forest L
    9-13-08 SAMFORD W
    9-20-08 VANDERBILT W
    9-27-08 at Florida L
    10-4-08 SOUTH CAROLINA W
    10-18-08 at Alabama L
    10-25-08 at Arkansas W
    11-1-08 AUBURN L
    11-28-08 MISSISSIPPI STATE L

What do you expect from a bunch of MSU fans?

I use to, repeat...use to, love me some "Hey God, its me Godfrey" posts, but you pissed on that a long time ago.

Don't let your greasy frustrations cloud your judgement!

Surely we'll win four games this year.

This is a team with a lot of first string talent, but little depth. They will have to show some character down the stretch, develop some depth, and that isn't easy.

I don't expect you to have any. As I said, that would be best case scenario. I don't think we will win eight games. I think we CAN (meaning if everythign goes right....just like it did for a previously 3-win MSU team last year), we can win. Hell, who knows, we may go 0-12, but I think 6-6 is quite reasonable.

W's - ULM, Samford

6-6. We should beat Memphis, Vandy, ULM and Samford all at home. I have to think(hope) Nutt can find 2 wins out of Ark, MSU, SC, Bama, Wake, and Auburn with 3 of them being at home.

Quote Originally Posted by bonedaddy401
    MedReb wrote: _________________________________________________ I would have picked us better than 3 wins..... Honestly, I think 6 wins and a bowl game is quite plausible. I could see us winning as few as 4 and as many as 8, but either would be worst/best case scenario. We actually have some talent this year with all of the pices of the puzzle (if we can line them up). Who knows what will actually happen, though.

..your team winning eight games with a freshman running that amazing WCO last year, right?

Did you miss App. State beating Michigan last year too? Or 4-8 Stanford beating the Rose Bowl champs? I'm sure you knew that would actually happen.

Remember, that eight win State team was only three points better (at home) than the worst Ole Miss team in school history coached by the worst HC in SEC history.

talent and now a coach...They will make some noise and it worries the crap out of me.....

GINASFS wrote: _________________________________________________
    bonedaddy401 wrote: _________________________________________________

..your team winning eight games with a freshman running that amazing WCO last year, right?

Did you miss App. State beating Michigan last year too? Or 4-8 Stanford beating the Rose Bowl champs? I'm sure you knew that would actually happen.

Remember, that eight win State team was only three points better (at home) than the worst Ole Miss team in school history coached by the worst HC in SEC history.

coming but guess what, it was Crooms fourth year not his first. Get your hopes up fella and talk to me in December when your are at home in front of the TV aGAIN. I think eventually Nutt will get to bowl games and such but it won't be this year.

And as for the Egg Bowl, turns out we won you lost. Get over it.

nm

nm

Both teams had good recruiters as Head Coaches the year before. Both teams lost close games the year before. Both teams have/had new coaches with shady pasts who fled to Mississippi. I see 8-4, 4-4.

True, the Rebel fan base tends to get chubs over recruiting rankings instead of actual on-field performance, but they do return good offensive and defensive lines, have a good running game, some decent linebackers, and a serviceable QB. Coach Nutt can get a lot out of little talent, and while this team isn't as talented as his Arkansas teams, a favorable schedule helps them out a lot.

2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    DATE OPPONENT
    8-30-08 MEMPHIS W
    9-6-08 at Wake Forest W
    9-13-08 SAMFORD W
    9-20-08 VANDERBILT W
    9-27-08 at Florida L
    10-4-08 SOUTH CAROLINA W
    10-18-08 at Alabama W
    10-25-08 at Arkansas L
    11-1-08 AUBURN L
    11-28-08 MISSISSIPPI STATE W

Awesome, man. You are right. I hadn't gotten over the egg bowl loss, but now that you put it that way..... it has sunk in, and I think I can move on. Thanks.

Also, you are so certain of your opinions, I think no one else should voice one. Don't start talking alot of shit about how we don't go to bowl games since you just went to your first in about 5-6 years. I know we sucked last year, but I believe we will suck less this year. Your team had a good season. Congratulations. Now lets see if you can build off of it. As for Mississippi, I think we go 6-6......which was the question asked in this thread.

I think they lose all road games (wake is a pretty tough team with a great coach) plus at least two home games to either MSU, Auburn, or South Carolina.

I find it hard to believe that most MSU fans think they'll win in Oxford. I mean Orgeron nearly beat yall on your own field last year, and State is 1-9 against our new head coach. I just don't see the logic.

But it all depends on Snead living up to the hype and staying healthy.

Lose to Wake OOC, beat Vandy & 1 of USC, Ark, or MSU in SEC.

nm

team A went 8-5 last year, Team B went 3-9 last year. Team A returns a lot of starters. Team B's home venue is not exactly Tiger Stadium. And you don't understand why Team A would be a preseason favorite to win that game? Well, that about sums up your sports knowledge.

I tell you the logic I don't follow, how a 3-9 (0- team's fans think a 4-5 game improvement is likely. That's what I'm not getting.

MedReb wrote: _________________________________________________ Awesome, man. You are right. I hadn't gotten over the egg bowl loss, but now that you put it that way..... it has sunk in, and I think I can move on. Thanks.

Also, you are so certain of your opinions, I think no one else should voice one. Don't start talking alot of shit about how we don't go to bowl games since you just went to your first in about 5-6 years. I know we sucked last year, but I believe we will suck less this year. Your team had a good season. Congratulations. Now lets see if you can build off of it. As for Mississippi, I think we go 6-6......which was the question asked in this thread.

Hey, if your this easily offended this may not be the place for you. Talking a lot of shit? Really?

If your definition of sucking less this year is doubling your win total from last year, your sir are quite the optimist. I just hope you can handle the disappointment when it doesn't happen this year.

I do think Nutt gets yall back to 6 - 8 wins a year at some point. It just won't be his first season.

I notice you left out the "Team B" returning starters. And no mention of "Team A" winning all of their games with a decent defense, only to lose their Defensive Coordinator and replace him with a coach that has spent the majority of his career as an offensive assistant coach.

And didn't State make a big turnaround last year?

Also, Oxford may not be Tiger Stadium, but State hasn't won there in a decade.

All I'm saying is that MSU was 4-3-1 against Arkansas before Nutt and 1-9 against Nutt. I think Nutt may have had something to do with that. He's in Oxford now, so why do most MSU fans believe this game is an easy win?