Coach Hugh Freeze said Ward's ACT was taken with special accommodations

Does this mean that he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

he passed the test out the window so Elaine Benes could take it at the Pakistani restaurant down the street.

to read overnight **

Nm

...due to the precedent set by Jerrell Powe, if you wish to participate in University of Mississippi athletics, literacy is no longer a requirement.

It took Powe three years to go from illiterate to doing college level work. Three years! Of course da Bears could solve all our state's financial woes by sharing their secrets. Kindergarden through second grade is all the education needed for college prep. We could thus eliminate grades 3-12 from all public and private schools. Think of the millions, if not billions that could be infused into the economy of the state.Ifda Bearsshare these secrets nationally we could eliminate the state income tax, and evenreduce the Federal income tax to 3%,and then I will gladly yell "Hoddy Toddy".

Granted he could have been terrible, but the few interviews I saw of him made him seem like a true victim of the environment he came up in and maybe not having the greatest innate talents to overcome it. I could have gotten the wrong impression, and I'm sure he's probably not going to have a career in academia or anything, but it seemed like he at least took advantage of his football talents to improve himself.

NT

really give an assessment of a student's ability to do, and readiness for, college-level work?

gjl.

I have studied and worked with very capable people that really took them forever to read stuff; not bad readers, just slow as shit for whatever reason. They could manage it fine in the real world and even in school, but it killed them when taking timed tests.

It does suck that when speed is one of the things being tested, people that are particularly bad at it get to take it untimed. It's also abused by some surprising people, as I've know people that got their kid diagnosed with a learning disability b/c there was just no other way to explain why their little boy/girl "only" made a 25, or 28, or the worst one I've seen, 31. They probably should let everybody take it timed and/or untimed, and let schools decide what they want to do with the information.

Same thing for untimed tests in school. If anybody is going to take it untimed, everybody should get to and employers should be able to decide what they want to do with it.