Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 81
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMotherTucker View Post
    Troll?? You're done with me F-uck you you F-ucking asshole. Go die in a f-ucking fire, you piece of shit.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  2. #42

    I also vote for a NO Ban

    .


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  3. #43
    pDigital32Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    2,961
    DS, is this thread an attempt to improve the seasonal ratings?


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  4. #44
    The Godfather dawgstudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30,421
    Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    I don't give a dime to athletics so I haven't emailed him about hotdogs.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  5. #45
    Exactly! Put em on stub hub.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Charging $100 per ticket on SPS makes you a crook, imo...


    If you want to make money on tickets, put them on stubhub or go scalp them yourself...
    #hailstate


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  6. #46

    The best and only way to settle this is to meet up at the vet school

    And duke it out. Let us all know when.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by BehrDawg View Post
    WTF is this shit? You guys sound like a bunch of bitching ass women sitting around a bunko table.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    Says the person who emails Stricklin over hotdogs!!
    Oh the irony. Ha. Board has been great today


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  8. #48
    Chairman of the National Archives
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    498

    He should remain banned...

    ...it pisses me off when State fans act like football tickets are NASDAQ stock options, & the price of the ticket is subjected to prolonged negotiations. Nobody give a crap about the face value of your tickets. As far as a fellow MSU fan is concerned, you do one of two things: (1) You drastically reduce the price of the tickets as a favor to a fellow Bulldog fan, or (2) Just give away the damn tickets. He should remained banned for, if nothing else, being a greedy butthole. The old school MSU fans I grew up around always gave away MSU tickets if they couldn't use them. That unselfish system allowed me to attend many MSU games as a kid, which then caused me to become a MSU fan. I find it an insult to watch people haggle prices of MSU sports tickets.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  9. #49
    SoCalDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    63
    I actually just finished studying this in my Contracts class and he is right on the money. Additionally, the offeror (bearcat) has the right to rescind any offer prior to acceptance without prior notification to the offeree (civil). This is pretty basic stuff. You guys can feel free to judge the "morality" of what he did but when it comes down to it he had every right/ did nothing wrong. even if presented the way civil presented it - law still comes down on the side of bearcat. period.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  10. #50

    Most folks don't haggle like that

    The tickets that are available are from season ticketholders if they are in the lower section. They pay the ticket prices and bulldog club contributions that allow our athletic department to have a steady stream of revenue so that they can budget for coaches' salaries, scholarships, etc. For many season ticketholders, I would guess that it is not a tiny purchase to them. When I was not a season ticketholder (because of a gaggle of kids and their commitments), I don't recall bargaining when I needed tickets for the few games a year that I could go see. I asked how much and generally just paid the price because I was getting tickets from people that had made a commitment to our university by donating and buying season tickets. Your argument seems to boil down to being mad at people selling their tickets because they are gouging or are not generously just giving away their property. That is the point of the exchange - to bring buyers and sellers together. If buyers don't like offers, they can walk away. This buyer accepted an offer, changed his mind because he was inconvenienced to have to pick up the tickets and made a counter offer. There is no reason to ban the seller because I don't think he was dishonest in his dealings with the potential buyer.
    Last edited by grimedawg1; 11-01-2012 at 01:23 PM.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  11. #51
    One Call. That's All Lawdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,914

    ^^THIS. SAVE THE TICKET EXCHANGE!!@!!1

    I have used the ticket exchange here and on the lake several times over the last couple of years, and a few times this year. I have yet to run into a problem, and have always had pleasant dealings.

    Maybe we need a moderator to monitor the ticket exchange more closely. I don't like when people post links to their tickets on ebay or stubhub on the exchange - it's an exchange, not a billboard. Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with asking more than face value on tickets - demand and donations should be considered. And as long as the asking price is reasonable, you'll probably have buyers lined up.



    eta: Please consider my post with the weight it deserves, considering my July 2012 join date...**
    Last edited by Lawdawg; 11-01-2012 at 01:45 PM.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  12. #52
    The Godfather dawgstudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30,421
    Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Maybe we should have an ebay type comments section for sellers and buyers.

    A++++++++++ Great Seller.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  13. #53
    Just curious. Why don't you give to MSU athletics? You've certainly got no obligation to but it does surprise me that you don't.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  14. #54
    I say re-BAN him.

    Scalping tickets on here is perfect reason to ban him.

    I have no side in this, just came here and read the thread.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  15. #55
    Another vote for no ban.

    If it is okay for Civildawg to ask him to lower the price, then it's okay for the seller to reject that offer and sell to somebody else. What price he and the other party agree on is his business. Why is asking a seller to lower his price okay, but a seller selling his tickets to somebody willing to pay more not okay?

    Also, if BMT was going to throw a hissy fit about his name being in it, then he should have stayed on the sidelines and not put his name in it. If you don't want to be in it, just shut up and stay out of the thread.

    As far as I'm concerned, BearcatBully did nothing wrong and shouldn't have been banned in the first place.
    Last edited by MSUDawg4Life; 11-01-2012 at 02:27 PM.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  16. #56
    BAN +1


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  17. #57
    AssEndDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    3,133

    Holy Crap! I go AWOL for a few days

    and the board explodes into the most irrelevantly awesome finger pointing cluster<17> imaginable. I thoroughly enjoyed this thread! So much hypocrisy through the whole thing. The best part was when BMT lost it and decided to bypass the **** filter. Bravo lads!


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  18. #58
    I'll give you boys $5 for it


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  19. #59
    [QUOTE=BearcatBully;789083]I bumped the price when i found out the person who i was selling them for wanted more for them. QUOTE] So you're actually a third-party ticket broker on these deals. Did I read that correctly? You're not selling your own tickets?


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  20. #60
    jamdawg96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,523
    Settle it at the Wise Center parking lot. Winner take all (tickets, board approval).


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  21. #61

    This made me laugh. I think the original thread is on Sixpack Remembers. DS was

    amped up that night. I also think it funny that BearCat thinks his cred is based on how long he's been a member here. My opinion, pretty shitty thing to do on Bearcats part but I don't think a ban is in order. If he's that big of a douche he'll get banned sooner or later anyway.

    Now, here's my board cred: Been a member since 2008, formally BR549. I hope Cowstanza chimes in on this at some point.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  22. #62
    archdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,300
    A) being a person that has once tried to sell something only to be shafted at the last minute, I side with BearcatBully.
    B) If in fact he was trying to negotiate down and the deal wasn't taken, the original price can also be augmented by BearcatBully. Considering if the deal had not been agreed upon. If it was, why counteroffer lower.
    C) So he is the asshole. Sounds like your friend was very inconsiderate. Regardless of his situation, the fact that he cancelled last minute actually doesn't make BearcatBully the asshole. Now his PM to you does, but we have all been there.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  23. #63
    One Call. That's All Lawdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,914
    We should have that for all posters.



    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  24. #64
    The Godfather dawgstudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30,421
    Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    I forgot to type in sarcasm font.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  25. #65
    As long as everyone that BLT has involved is on here stating their cases, i'll refresh your memory. The pass was advertised as a prepaid pass and i asked EXACTLY what i paid for it. ($110-120 i think). WAIT,now that i look back over our messages i only asked $100 so maybe that wasnt a violation. Anyway you should have been able to read what it was and you told me you wanted it and accepted the price. This was on August 24. You got my address and said you would be mailing a check. I waited until August 31, all the while turning down several offers to buy, and when i had not received the check, i attempted to call you several times but you would not answer. I then left you a message by phone asking what was up. Immediately you sent a text back saying you got a Club Pass and did not want mine. Pay attention this was on AUGUST 31 and the opener was SEPTEMBER 1. Because of this i could not find a buyer on that short notice and lost that money when i discounted it the next week for a buyer to use for 6 home games. Those are the exact facts and if needed, i still have the phone call times and text messages. I think your name was Homer (HA) I did not mean you screwed me out of a pass. You cost me $30 and weren't even gonna call me to tell me you backed out the day before the game. I did contact BMF and tell him what his friend had done and he said (and i'm paraphrasing).....(that means a quote thats not an exact quote)... " that was pretty shitty of him, i'll straighten him out this weekend". Got that message too if ya wanta reminisce. Just wanted to be sure everyone had all the facts. HAIL STATE!


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  26. #66
    Rule 17 violation.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  27. #67

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Madison, Alabama
    Posts
    11,779
    What is "club parking"? If you mean for the club level, they don't have special parking areas that I know of. If they do, I've been missing out for the past 10 years.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  28. #68

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Madison, Alabama
    Posts
    11,779
    But doesn't the law, in Mississippi, also say that you can't sell a ticket for more than the face value? And unless I'm mistaken, it says so right on the ticket itself. We have had this discussion before of course, where I opined that I couldn't see MSU officially endorsing an organization like StubHub when they were breaking the law by charging more than face value for tickets. Maybe I'm assuming some things that are not true, like the illegality of scalping, but I don't think so.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  29. #69
    GTAdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Golden Triangle Area
    Posts
    1,946

    This thread needs to be enshrined into SPS Remembers.

    Quite entertaining....

    And for the record, I don't think it warrants being banned. The whole thing sounds bush league.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  30. #70
    Great thread!! Would read again thanks


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  31. #71

    No ban.

    And I spoke/posted too soon about the a$$hole thing and I apologize.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  32. #72
    I've used the tix exchange twice. No prob. But I charge their credit card before I mail the tix!


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  33. #73

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hernando, MS
    Posts
    29

    Used ticket exchange for the first time for the auburn game...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Todd French View Post
    I've used the tix exchange twice. No prob. But I charge their credit card before I mail the tix!
    I put 2 lower level west side tickets on there for $35 each and had plenty of people want them. One guy told me his son was dying to go so I sold them to him. Spoke to him on the phone and exchanged texts about where to meet and everything. Game day comes and he doesn't show, never would answer his phone or a text. Thought it was pretty lousy. There were plenty of people who would have loved good seats for $35. I don't believe this guy was a regular poster and probably only signed up to use the ticket exchange.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  34. #74
    Dr. Death DerHntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    14,545
    "A greedy butthole"... Man that made me laugh

    Quote Originally Posted by InaccuratePredictionsDawg View Post
    ...it pisses me off when State fans act like football tickets are NASDAQ stock options, & the price of the ticket is subjected to prolonged negotiations. Nobody give a crap about the face value of your tickets. As far as a fellow MSU fan is concerned, you do one of two things: (1) You drastically reduce the price of the tickets as a favor to a fellow Bulldog fan, or (2) Just give away the damn tickets. He should remained banned for, if nothing else, being a greedy butthole. The old school MSU fans I grew up around always gave away MSU tickets if they couldn't use them. That unselfish system allowed me to attend many MSU games as a kid, which then caused me to become a MSU fan. I find it an insult to watch people haggle prices of MSU sports tickets.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  35. #75
    Dr. Death DerHntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    14,545
    DS, give lawdawg moderator privileges on the ticket exchange. Problem solved! Gonna be a fun job I bet**

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdawg View Post
    I have used the ticket exchange here and on the lake several times over the last couple of years, and a few times this year. I have yet to run into a problem, and have always had pleasant dealings.

    Maybe we need a moderator to monitor the ticket exchange more closely. I don't like when people post links to their tickets on ebay or stubhub on the exchange - it's an exchange, not a billboard. Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with asking more than face value on tickets - demand and donations should be considered. And as long as the asking price is reasonable, you'll probably have buyers lined up.



    eta: Please consider my post with the weight it deserves, considering my July 2012 join date...**


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  36. #76

    This entire thread needs Midol.

    asdf


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  37. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdawg View Post
    We should have that for all posters.


    This shit made me laugh..........and I've got to be honest, I'd also like to be a part of a "remembers" thread. Carry on.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  38. #78
    I think this hypothetical was on the bar exam...
    - All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to go to Ole Miss - Edmund Burke (1786)


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  39. #79
    SoCalDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    63
    True, but those are two different areas of law. Scalping laws are criminal offenses and the agreement between these two is civil and a matter of contracts. I'm with you on the whole StubHub hypocrisy/conundrum. As to the criminality of StubHub, I am assuming it is like Ebay. It is illegal to scalp tickets in MS but because Ebay/StubHub HQ is in a different jurisdiction, that is where the sale is considered to be executed and therefore not subject to MS law. That is just supposition and I could be completely wrong about that because I haven't/dont care to do the research. Just a off the top of my head answer.


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

  40. #80
    Dawgbite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    State of Disbelief
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by jamdawg96 View Post
    Settle it at the Wise Center parking lot. Winner take all (tickets, board approval).
    1 Cole Slaw Rasslin!
    2 The face value of tickets is not what the original purchaser has invested in them, don't forget that little donation we make just for the privalege to buy season tickets!
    3 Capitalism is what built this country, supply and demand and crap. Watch The Men Who Built America on the History Channel, It explains alot.
    4 Inflatable swimming pool or just a big tarp? Pool may be hard to find this time of year.
    5 No ban!!


    Baseball coach got laid | Football coach got laid Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors







Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.


Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties