This team has given me no reason to expect anything but a 9-3 finish.

We got our ass whooped by an Alabama squad that was better than us at every position on the field, with depth to spare.

A spread Jekel-and-Hyde aTm team with a better college QB than Cam came in and blew our doors off right after. I was as shell-shocked as you. We were embarrassingly awful on both sides of the ball.

We gave LSU a hell of a lot better of a game than most expected, keeping it close very late. Not a big fan of moral victories, but it was at night in death valley, and we played so much better than the two weeks before. I don't know about you schmucks, but my faith in Russell is stronger than ever. Even our O-line, knuckle-headed tackles and all, held their own for the vast majority of the game.

We lost to teams we should have lost to. That's what we've seen 98% of the time under Mullen. The other part? We beat who we should.

4-6 Arkansas is a team we should beat. 5-5 ole miss proved this weekend that they are the same ole miss, as Vanderbilt celebrated bowl eligibility in Oxford.

I've been mopey as the rest of you the past few weeks, now I'm ready to move on. We kick the shit out of the Pigs with their 1 dimensional offense and exploitable defense. Then we keep ole miss out of a bowl game.

Hail State.

Plays like a high school | Sounds like a high school Yes | No

By golly I think he's got it! Great post and I agree. Debbie downer will be here posting a "how can we beat Upig when we've lost the last gazillion times we've played" in just a second. So before they do let me throw out a preemptive "you said the same shit about Auburn & UT and what happened?" I feel my duty is down. Good post Hump.

BiPolar
    : ) :

100% agree. Actually, to me, Arkansas is a must win......

....if we lose that at home, that's disappointing. But I don't think we will, I think we beat them handily.

Ole Miss is spooky just because we are playing them up there and most likely they are playing for pride, bowl eligibility and simply put, to beat our ass. Those guys, especially the 2010 and 2011 recruiting classes, want a piece of that dawg meat for sure. While it would suck royally to lose that game, I'm not calling it a disappointment like losing to Arkansas would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Railin Jemmye View Post
    ....if we lose that at home, that's disappointing. But I don't think we will, I think we beat them handily.

Ole Miss is spooky just because we are playing them up there and most likely they are playing for pride, bowl eligibility and simply put, to beat our ass. Those guys, especially the 2010 and 2011 recruiting classes, want a piece of that dawg meat for sure. While it would suck royally to lose that game, I'm not calling it a disappointment like losing to Arkansas would be.
    We might should remind our boys we said "WE WILL NEVER LOSE TO THAT TEAM AGAIN!!" and stick to it... If that's what it means to win "Championships" then lets win those...**