How awesome is it the Bears bowl hopes come down to the Egg Bowl???

All the shit talking the has resurfaced out of them
    All the ridiculous comparisions of common opponents to make them feel better
    All the new confidence that "Big Brother has returned"

and then BOOM- Vandy discount double checks them on their own field.

Can you imagine the level of pissedoffness that Mullen is going to send them into after we beat them next Saturday?
    [SIZE=4][FONT=arial black]"Hey Ol Blue could you quit reading me too you donkey raping shit eater.[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3]"-mcdawg22

"[/SIZE][SIZE=4]During this time period, the university became known as [/SIZE][SIZE=4]"Ole Miss," a moniker used by slaves to describe the wife of the plantation owner.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]

Roll Tide What? | 17 You Yes | No

It will be awesome on one condition. Bet you can guess what that is.

BiPolar
    : ) :

They'll probably be even more motivated......

not saying that I'm scared of them, but if you asked me if a loss to them was out of the realm of possibility, I'd say no. In Oxford, against a hated rival, harboring 3 years of pent up anger, playing for bowl eligibility......while it will be physically and emotionally impossible for our team to play with that type of spark due to knowing we've beaten them the past 3 years and a record of 8-3 with a feeling of superiority. Ripe situation for an upset.

What's not to love?

Edited: Also against an offense similar to the two that gashed us the most this year (Troy, TAM)?
    Last edited by Railin Jemmye; 11-12-2012 at 11:24 AM.

I'm afraid we will be the pissed off ones on Sunday morning.

The thing that they are best at on offense is the thing we can't stop on defense.

I'm afraid that Hugh Freeze is going to make Chris Wilson look like Tyrone Nix circa 2009-2011.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid that I am not.

I agree with you to an extent, but on the flip side of that, OM's secondary is abysmal. Tyler will have the chance to have a career day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Cup Cowboy View Post
    I'm afraid that Hugh Freeze is going to make Chris Wilson look like Tyrone Nix circa 2009-2011.
    I'm afraid that you're right. After TAMU, I feel like our D is gonna look like a bunch of dolts chasing after greased pigs. (insert snarky "Moo U, farm animal" reply below)
    Last edited by MaronMatters; 11-12-2012 at 11:35 AM.

BiPolar
    : ) :

UM has speed, but hopefully Banks can neutralize Moncrief....

It's really all about getting to Wallace.

Containing.

Quote Originally Posted by Railin Jemmye View Post
    not saying that I'm scared of them, but if you asked me if a loss to them was out of the realm of possibility, I'd say no. In Oxford, against a hated rival, harboring 3 years of pent up anger, playing for bowl eligibility......while it will be physically and emotionally impossible for our team to play with that type of spark due to knowing we've beaten them the past 3 years and a record of 8-3 with a feeling of superiority. Ripe situation for an upset.

What's not to love?

Edited: Also against an offense similar to the two that gashed us the most this year (Troy, TAM)?
    They were motivated Saturday night vs Vandy with a chance to clinch a bowl- look how that turned out?? Sure they want to beat us and will play their ass off- but we wont let it happen. Our guys wont be overconfident- Mullen will have them ready.

Their offense isnt close to Troy's or A&M's. Hell, they barely had 200 yards vs Bama- A&M had over 400....Troy didnt just do it to us, Troy is 12th in the country in total offense.
    [SIZE=4][FONT=arial black]"Hey Ol Blue could you quit reading me too you donkey raping shit eater.[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3]"-mcdawg22

"[/SIZE][SIZE=4]During this time period, the university became known as [/SIZE][SIZE=4]"Ole Miss," a moniker used by slaves to describe the wife of the plantation owner.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by MaronMatters View Post
    I'm afraid that you're right. After TAMU, I feel like our D is gonna look like a bunch of dolts chasing after greased pigs. (insert snarky "Moo U, farm animal" reply below)
    comparing Bo Wallace to Manziel makes you look dumb- please dont do that again

[SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Can you imagine the level of pissedoffness that Mullen is going to send them into after we beat them next Saturday?
    I hope that they go into the LSU game and give it all they have and come out with nothing against us. The past few years they've done it and look at the end result, could only hope they do it this year.

Dak's breakout game ... we all know how they defend against running QB's ...... if not, I see T Russell getting it done nicely

Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Dak's breakout game ... we all know how they defend against running QB's ...... if not, I see T Russell getting it done nicely
    They have a new D coordinator and Defense. I'm not too concerned about our D against their O. They'll score some points. I'm concerned about our O vs. their D. Their guys are undersized but they play hard and fly to the ball. They disrupt, they get in the backfield, and they make tackles. In short, everything our D hasn't shown the ability to do this season.

Will ...

wait until after this weekend's games before making any predictions. So much is riding on this week. We are coming off three L's to arguably top 5 teams and have zero confidence.

Getting the hogs at home, correcting mistakes and winning may be the tonic this team needs to go into VH with a Ďchipí on their shoulder. Lose Sat and all bets are off.

Meanwhile, OM travels to death valley one week after giving up a 17 point lead to lose to Vandy ... at home.

Next week is huge for our future ... not just for this year but for years to come. Iím firmly convinced that Nuttís downfall began when he lost to an underdog State team under a first year coach.
    Robbie Faulk .. To your point, I think MSU will have 49 scholarship players from Mississippi on next year's roster and Ole Miss will have 19. So much for 'Mississippi Made.'

We've also given up fewer sacks than any team in the conference outside of UT. OM's secondary is beat up, young and not that good right now. Tyler should have a field day.

The Egg Bowl will be a very tough game

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

I feel that LSU will beat them up pretty bad and their fans are already claiming that they are worn down due to depth. They will play hard and inspired for the first half. I hope that we can stay with them until half time. They are a bad third quarter team and I hope that is where we can make adjustments and beat them. Having a healthy Perkins is key for us. If we can throw some wheel routes and screens to him, we will have a good chance at beating them. I'm afraid of Scott running that stretch play to the outside. They have run it effectively on everyone they have played. Moncrief has fallen off some because of defenses preparing for him, but he will probably have a big day on us.

their defense is nothing to be scared of

Quote Originally Posted by Railin Jemmye View Post
    It's really all about getting to Wallace.
    We have yet to get to anyone this year? What makes you think the egg bowl will be the turning point?